• Advertisement

"Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift Discussion

Clappy

Discuss the latest pop song review here.

Without a doubt, his best of 2017 so far.  For the last three years, I can always count on Todd to have plenty of material about Taylor Swift's pop career.

I still really like this song. I like the verses namely because of how psychopathic she sounds and I like the music on it too. The chorus still sucks but I can listen in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.

The review is awesome though. The Will.i.Am comparison is a cool connection especially considering Todd's past bad blood w/ the pea's. btw i think id rather be in crazy-ass 2009 rather than boring-ass 2017. I kinda disagree with Todd re: the wipeout comparison tho. I like the fact that she's playing into her own negative image a a la Blank Space. 

Regardless 'Ready For It' (the new song) is cool as shit and should blow up instead. 

On 9/13/2017 at 4:53 PM, Wumbo said:

The non-patrons haven't had a chance to see it yet :funny:

Sucks to be them. :funny: 

On 9/13/2017 at 7:14 PM, Kairi❤ said:

btw i think id rather be in crazy-ass 2009 rather than boring-ass 2017.

And I thought Todd would rather be in that time period too with all of the complaining he's done about the current pop music scene.

Regardless, pop song review of the year for me unless he absolutely manages to surprise the hell out of me with an in depth look at...possibly that Portugal. The Man song.  That's the only other current hit song out right now I could see him going those levels of material for a full review treatment.

"THE OLD TAYLOR IS DEAD MWAHHAHA"

He made some good points about the time era of the background music. I never saw the connection to Too Sexy either before. I still liked the actual mv quite a bit and the song has grown on me a bit. Of course it's not a very great song or anything obviously.