• Advertisement

143. The Great Patty Caper

Jjs Goodman

Also, what did you think of the actual mystery itself?

There wasn't really a mystery element- The "mystery" of who stole the key was touched upon for one minute and then abandoned. Nick advertised it as a mystery ("Mystery With A Twistery") but the episode was a Plankton episode but on a bigger and deeper scale, all on a train. 

I was a little disappointed with this special but It was decent. There was no mystery in this episode and some parts were boring but It was a little enjoyable. Not one of the best special or one of the best of this season. There were some funny parts in this episode like Patrick trying to stop the train (the best part of this episode), werewolf scene, Mr. Krabs saying "You need to somehow get Plankton to stop coming after me precious formula.", then SpongeBob saying "I know! To keep Gary out of the biscuit tin, I hide the biscuit tin somewhere far away, like Patrick's house! Unfortunately, Patrick ended up eating the biscuits anyway.", then Mr. Krabs saying "SpongeBob, that's it, you genius! You solved me decade's old dilemma!" and then SpongeBob saying "I'm warning you Mr. Krabs! Patrick will eat anything you give him.". I can understand why people don't like it but I thought It was good. 7.5/10

EDIT : I watched the episode again and It was better than I remembered. Don't get me wrong, It's still disappointing for a mystery special and It has couple of flaws but the episode was funny and It kept me entertaining. New rating is 8.5/10 now.

I hate this episode. Patrick actually feels flanderized (not even Stuck in The Wringer managed to do that) and I hate the ending. The title is very similar to "Patty Caper" and that dragging scene of the key (even if I'm fine with filler). Notice how that's all from the second half. There's only one bad quality from the first half- the closed resturaunt. Just because the guy apparently hates Spongebob, he can't go to the rsturaunt but everyone else can. Mean-spirited. Man, Stuck in the Wringer did that better too.

5/10 Bad

Highlight: Patrick in the first half

Lowlight: Patrick in the climax