• Advertisement

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Watching it right now. Took a break this weekend though because I just found myself preoccupied. I like it a lot though. 

Is it just me, or is Yoko literally the sexual fantasies of every anime-watching teenage boy in one character? Think about it. She's wearing little to no clothes, she's got a short temper and is tough, and is great with guns. I don't want to make an insensitive school shooter joke or anything, it's just a lot of teenage boys (me included) find a lot of fictional firearms in anime really cool. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Is it just me, or is Yoko literally the sexual fantasies of every anime-watching teenage boy in one character? Think about it. She's wearing little to no clothes, she's got a short temper and is tough, and is great with guns. I don't want to make an insensitive school shooter joke or anything, it's just a lot of teenage boys (me included) find a lot of fictional firearms in anime really cool. 

Nope. That's the entire point. The show is meant to take all the cliches of mecha anime and blend them into one sweet reconstruction of the genre.

Gurren Lagann has more comedy than other mechas for sure. But that doesn't mean it lacks in story, the story can be hard to understand at times since its mostly nonsensical but I still like it overall. Kamina was the best character in my opinion, though later on Simon carries the torch from Kamina and ends up just as good, especially in the battle against the anti spirals which i think its one of the best battles i've seen in any anime, seriously it was awesome.