• Advertisement

IT (film)

Clappy

Based on the famous story by Stephen King.  Comes out next Friday and I'm honestly stoked as hell for this.  I've read the novel and it's one of the better ones by Stephen King and I've always wanted to see this adapted for the big screen.  The early buzz so far is incredibly positive with many calling it "a modern horror classic" and "scary as hell".  My anticipation for this keeps rising as the days go by and with the new release schedule for the past month being lackluster for the most part, I can see this breaking out in a big way.

• Like 1

Probably not going to see this because I'm not big on scary movies and seeing the trailer for this before Dunkirk freaked me out enough, but I like Finn Wolfhard in Stranger Things and it's nice to see him get more work.

Edited by Katniss

Usually don't fuck with horror (because nowadays, you know most of it isn't good. I wasted two hours of my life I'll never get back with 47 Meters Down), but this looks like that mid-80s Spielberg feel that mixes horror with heart, and that's usually the combo that makes winning horror films (Babadook ❤️). That, and it looks genuinely scary. So I'm very excited for this, first day SON

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Usually don't fuck with horror (because nowadays, you know most of it isn't good. I wasted two hours of my life I'll never get back with 47 Meters Down), but this looks like that mid-80s Spielberg feel that mixes horror with heart, and that's usually the combo that makes winning horror films (Babadook 2764.png). That, and it looks genuinely scary. So I'm very excited for this, first day SON

YOU LOVE THE BABADOOK??? THE BABADOOK IS ONE OF THE BEST HORROR MOVIES AND A TRUE LGBT ICON. I LOVE THE BABADOOK!!! <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Well IT exceeded my lofty expectations for it.  Honestly the best horror movie I've seen this year and in quite some time (Get Out is more of a psychological thriller in my eyes, so I'm not counting it).  Everything about it was so damn good from The Loser's Club being fully developed characters that you can relate to to Bill Skaarsgard owning Pennywise as greatly as Tim Curry did in the miniseries  (Curry was not scary but still amazing and memorable, Skaarsgard was fucking terrifying and I'll definitely remember it).  What really won me over the most was the direction.  Andy Muschietti deserves more work after this and while I thought he did good with his only other movie Mama, this one was ten times better.  Every scene nearly had me on the back of my chair and especially whenever one of the kids was alone because good lord I felt the fear right then and there and Pennywise was nowhere near the scene yet.

I really want to spoil more but it will be doing everyone viewing this thread a disservice.  One of the best movies I've seen this year.  Go see IT!  Can't recommend IT enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1