Old Town Road vs. Despacito vs. One Sweet Day

Steel Sponge

Old Town Road vs. Despacito vs. One Sweet Day  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Choose wisely

• Despacito
    • One Sweet Day
    • Old Town Road

It has been announced recently by Billboard that "Despacito" (Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, remix featuring Justin Bieber) is now the #1 song for 16 weeks, which now makes it tied with "One Sweet Day" (Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men) for most weeks at #1. While "Despacito" continues coming close to getting to that record, I thought it'd be interesting to make a poll between both hits.

I like "One Sweet Day" quite enough, and I'm a fan of Mariah Carey's music in general, but "Despacito" is my pick. I'm sucker for good Latin pop a lot more than inspiring love ballads. And sure, some of the translated lyrics for "Despacito" are very clumsy, but it's still a very fun song.

14 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

To be honest, I think even 3 minutes of chimpanzees on steroids beating the shit out of each other and howling would sound more interesting than Despacito does.

obviously, that sounds fucking hilarious

• Like 1

If I had to choose, One Sweet Day.  That being said, I think both songs are just okay.  One Sweet Day is kind of underwhelming with the talent involved while Despacito is only as big as it is because of a boring as fuck remix with Justin Bieber, who I'm getting absolutely sick of being on nearly every song.

Okay, while I certainly can't tell if OTR will live up to become as much as a long-runner at #1 like "Despacito" and "One Sweet Day," I've decided to bump and update this topic to include it due to its staying power. Currently, it is on its 13th week at #1 and will very much log in another week at that spot tomorrow. On top of that, it has blocked a whopping total of seven other singles from that spot ("Wow.," "I Don't Care," "bad guy," two Taylor Swift songs, and two Shawn Mendes songs) with no impending end to its streak.

Still placing my vote on "Despacito," btw.

Both Despacito and Old Town Road are overrated and I’ve either never heard One Sweet Day or don’t know that it’s name.... but Despacito > Old Town Road so I’ll vote that.

15 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

Okay, while I certainly can't tell if OTR will live up to become as much as a long-runner at #1 like "Despacito" and "One Sweet Day," I've decided to bump and update this topic to include it due to its staying power. Currently, it is on its 13th week at #1 and will very much log in another week at that spot tomorrow. On top of that, it has blocked a whopping total of seven other singles from that spot ("Wow.," "I Don't Care," "bad guy," two Taylor Swift songs, and two Shawn Mendes songs) with no impending end to its streak.

Still placing my vote on "Despacito," btw.

A lot of songs playing rn are better than old town road, but thank god it at least stopped I dont care and bad guy lmao.

Wow I don’t even hate Despacito now what high was I on back then (maybe the JB version sucks). I like Old Town Road, it’s a fine song, but not my favorite thing of the year. I never found much of the memes surrounding it that funny, which is how the song kind of rose to stardom. It’s a fine song and I think Lil Nas X is a cool lad but yeah it’s warned out it’s welcome, I prefer Despacito as a song itself.

i never heard that Mariah Carey song in my life so no comment