• Advertisement

Favorite Nintendo Console

crushingmayhem

Question  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Nintendo console?

• NES
    • SNES
    • N64
    • Gamecube
    • Wii
    • Wii U

I've never played any NES or N64 games so I don't have an opinion on those but I will admit the Wii is pretty meh. Wii U I felt could've been better if only it didn't sell so poorly, as it had a few pretty good games (Splatoon and Super Smash Bros., notably)

Even though I've already replied to this topic, I would like to change my answer to the Nintendo Switch, even though the system isn't on this list. The graphics are SO gorgeous, and the system is SO fun to play! So, to revive interest in this club (again!), there's something else I'd like to talk about in regards to the Nintendo Switch! Now that I have played and experienced the majesty that is the Nintendo Switch, which includes some retro levels which have been graphically enhanced to HD standards, it makes me excited about the possibilities of which video games would benefit greatly from an HD makeover on the Nintendo Switch! So, I have decided to list (in no particular order), video games (and maybe not all of them are possible, due to licensing issues and what not), that would really benefit from an HD makeover on the Nintendo Switch. Note that this list ignores video games from the NES, since those video games are already being re-released as digital download games on the Nintendo Switch streaming service. /

Game Boy/Game Boy Color: "Super Mario Land; Gargoyle's Quest; Battletoads; Super Mario Land II: 6 Golden Coins; Kirby's Dream Land; The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX; Kirby's Pinball Land; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III; Wario Land: Super Mario Land III; Donkey Kong 94; Kirby's Dream Land II; Mega Man V; Mole Mania; Wario Land II; Super Mario Bros. DX; Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams; Pokemon Pinball; Mega Man Xtreme; Pokemon Gold/Silver; Wario Land III; Pokemon Crystal; Mega Man Xtreme 2;" and "Rayman 2".

Turbographx-16: "Bonk's Adventure; Cratermaze; Bonk's Revenge; New Adventure Island; Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Japan export); Bomberman 93;" and "Bomberman 94".

Genesis: "Outrun; Space Harrier; Ristar; Batman; Disney's Castle of Illusion; Streets of Rage; Sonic the Hedgehog; Columns; Toejam and Earl; Streets of Rage 2; Golden Axe; Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Mighty Morphing Power Rangers; Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron; Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine; Sonic Spinball; Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition; Earthworm Jim; Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles;" and "Sonic 3D Blast".

Game Gear, Neo Geo, CD, 32X, and Saturn: "Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear version); James Pond; King of Monsters; Sonic CD; Earthworm Jim Special CD Edition; Knuckles Chaotix; Virtual Hamster; Bomberman Saturn; Nights Into Dreams; Sonic 3D Blast; Rayman;" and "Sonic Jam".

Super NES: "Super Mario World; Super Smash T.V.; F-Zero; Super Castlevania IV; Lagoon; Final Fight; Radical Rex; Super Ghouls N' Ghosts; Mario Paint; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time; Street Fighter II: the World Warrior; Super Mario Kart; Super Star Wars; Road Runner's Death Valley Rally; Krusty's Super Fun House; Final Fantasy Mystical Quest; Mickey Mouse's Magic Quest; Hook; E.V.O.: Gateway to Eden; Dragon Quest V (Japan Export); Wayne's World; Sonic Blast Man; Super Bomberman; Star Fox; Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose; Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind; Aero the Acrobat; Taz-Mania; Yoshi's Cookie; Sonic Blast Man 2; Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting; Batman Returns; Mario Is Missing; Jurassic Park; Super Mario All Stars; Aladdin; Secret of Mana; Battletoads and Double Dragon; Mega Man X; Mario's Time Machine; Goof Troop; Yoshi's Safari; Super Bomberman 2; Super Street Fighter II: the New Challengers; Super Metroid; Super Return of the Jedi; Donkey Kong Country; Tetris & Dr. Mario; Final Fantasy III; Mario and Wario (Japan export); The Lion King; Mighty Morphing Power Rangers: the Movie; Toy Story; Mega Man X2; Chrono Trigger; Earthbound; Donkey Kong Country II: Diddy Kong's Quest; Secret of Mana 2 (Japan export); Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island; Star Fox 2; Mega Man X3; Super Bomberman 3 (British export); Ms. Pac-Man; Earthworm Jim 2; Street Fighter Alpha 2; Prehistorik Man; The Legend of Zelda" (Japan export); and "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars".

N64: "Super Mario 64; Cruisin' USA; Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire; Mario Kart 64; Star Fox 64; Bomberman 64; Diddy Kong Racing; Yoshi's Story; Cruisin' World; Banjo-Kazooie; Rayman 2: the Great Escape; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Donkey Kong 64; Cruisin' Exotica; Super Smash Bros.; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater; Ms. Pac-Man's Maze Madness; Mario Party; F-Zero X; Pokemon Stadium; Banjo-Tooie; Animal Forest (Japan export); The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; Mario Party 2; Conker's Bad Fur Day; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2; Mario Party 3;" and "Paper Mario".

Game Boy Advance: "Super Mario Advance; Rayman Advance; Pac-Man Collection; Spyro: Season of Ice; Iridion 3D; Gradius Galaxies; Earthworm Jim; Mario Kart Super Circuit; F-Zero: Maximum Velocity; Frogger: Temple of the Frog; Wario Land 4; Kao the Kangaroo; Street Fighter II: Turbo Revival; Final Fight One; Scooby-Doo; Golden Sun; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2; Mega Man Zero; Sonic Advance; Nicktoons Racing; Robopon 2: Ring Version; Spyro 2: Season of Flame; Zapper; Metroid Fusion; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3; Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls; Pac-Man World; Cruisin' Velocity; Disney's Magical Quest Starring Mickey and Minnie; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords; Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland; Dragonball Z: the Legacy of Goku; Mega Man Zero 2; Street Fighter Alpha 3; Sonic Advance 2; Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4; Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3; Disney's Magical Quest 2 Starring Mickey and Minnie; Rayman 3; Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced; Dragonball Z: the Legacy of Goku II; Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge; Mega Man Zero 3; Sonic Advance 3; Disney's Magical Quest 3 Starring Mickey and Donald; The Lion King 1.5; Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire; Sword of Mana; Kirby and the Amazing Mirror; Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge; Metroid Zero Mission; Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors; Spyro Orange: the Cortex Conspiracy; Crash Purple: Ripto's Rampage; Final Fantasy IV Advance; Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury; The Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap; Mega Man Zero 4; Mario Pinball Land; Frogger and the Mysterious Relic; Pokemon Emerald; Over the Hedge; Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon; Rayman Raving Rabbids; Crash of the Titans;" and "Final Fantasy VI Advance".

Gamecube: "Super Smash Bros. Melee; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3; Mario Party 4; Sonic Adventure 2 Battle; Star Fox Adventures; Animal Crossing; Super Mario Sunshine; Dragonball Z Budokai; Ty the Tazmanian Tiger; Pac-Man World 2; Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc; F-Zero GX; Sonic Adventure Deluxe: Director's Cut; Mario Kart Double Dash; Sonic Mega Collection; Mario Party 5; Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2; The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker; Sonic Heroes; The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures; Pac-Man World 3;" and "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess".

Nintendo DS: "Mario Kart DS; Sonic Rush; Animal Crossing: Wild World; Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time; Mario Party DS; Chicken Little: Ace in Action; Yoshi's Island DS; Super Princess Peach; New Super Mario Bros.; Pokemon Pearl; Star Fox Command; Crash of the Titans; Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots; Drawn Into Life; Dragonball Origins; Sonic Chronicles; the Dark Brotherhood; Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa; Drawn Into Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition; Kung Fu Panda; Boing! Docomodake DS; Final Fantasy IV; Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days; Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans; Oscar in Toyland; The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords; Mega Man Zero Collection; Sonic Classics Collection; Dragonball Origins 2;" and "Kingdom Hearts Re-Coded".

Wii: "Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkai'ichi 2; Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam; Animal Crossing: City Life; Super Mario Oddysey; Super Smash Bros. Brawl; Sonic Unleashed; Boom Blox; The Beatles Rock Band; Mario Party 9;" and "Rayman Origins".

Any game that's been released on the 3DS or the Wii U, I consider to be too recent of a release for a port to the Switch, except for the Wii U games that already have been given a port to the Switch. I hope you enjoyed reading this list, as much as I did writing it! :D Enough said! ;)