• Advertisement

North Korea situation

Ron

56 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

If North Korea doesn't do anything stupid, we should be fine. We can (hopefully) find a peaceful resolution, we just have to pray.

Pray that Trump doesn't do anything stupid.

• Like 1

Okay so North Korea is threatening to launch missiles at Guam, Trump is talking to the heads of the Chinese Government to try to resolve this, China says Korea and Trump need to both shut up before they make things worse, Trump wants China to put pressure on Korea's missile programs, and China says they won't be able to do that... yea It's an absolute diplomatic mess 

I find it interesting that they would strike a small island like Guam instead of bases in Japan or South Korea that are closer. I know the US has important bases in Guam but that would be pointless considering their enemies are way closer in their borders. Trump better pay attention to this or else he'll start a mess in that region.

Guest hilaryfan80

I don't think anything is going to happen, honestly. I doubt North Korea has a working missile that can reach America, unless China helped them make some. North Korea can't a-bomb South Korea or Japan without hurting themselves, so they're safe. Honestly at this point, it's just all talk. Also, so many countries are against North Korea that it would be basically the World vs. North Korea + maybe China. It's clear who would lose.

Nothing's gonna happen, its just North Korea throwing a tantrum as usual. Plus containing North Korea is relatively easy considering there's two US allies close by and China won't allow it to go ahead with launching a missile at a US base. The reason North Korea still exists is because of China, they need a buffer zone against the democratic influences of South Korea and Japan, plus a buffer zone against US troops that could potentially one day be on their border if North Korea collapses. IF they do collapse, it will also spark a refuge crisis and of course no one wants that, just think about the Syrian refugees dilema just worse.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:39 PM, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

I don't think anything is going to happen, honestly. I doubt North Korea has a working missile that can reach America, unless China helped them make some. North Korea can't a-bomb South Korea or Japan without hurting themselves, so they're safe. Honestly at this point, it's just all talk. Also, so many countries are against North Korea that it would be basically the World vs. North Korea + maybe China. It's clear who would lose.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:33 AM, crushingmayhem said:

Nothing's gonna happen, its just North Korea throwing a tantrum as usual. Plus containing North Korea is relatively easy considering there's two US allies close by and China won't allow it to go ahead with launching a missile at a US base. The reason North Korea still exists is because of China, they need a buffer zone against the democratic influences of South Korea and Japan, plus a buffer zone against US troops that could potentially one day be on their border if North Korea collapses. IF they do collapse, it will also spark a refuge crisis and of course no one wants that, just think about the Syrian refugees dilema just worse.

In any case, North Korea's gonna get curbstomped if they try anything.

i think the poverty situation is getting to be too much as usually these missile tests/threats are either responses to sanctions (as a way of look what we "could" do) vs a strange way to inquire for foreign aid since every year they do something like this to get attention for food or medicine or something vs other asian poor communist countries like laos that fall under the radar getting help from countries with economies bigger than it. there is a lot of sparks put on by the media tryna push a narrative right now about both parties. but for now we wait...hope nothin catastrophic or anything harmful happens