• Advertisement

In a Heartbeat

Steel Sponge

Man, look at all those official selection titles in that thumbnail.

Anyways, this animated short film was released to YouTube just yesterday and amassed 4 million views in two days. It's easy to see why since the animated short is about a young teenage boy who has romantic thoughts for another teenage boy, and while he tries to conceal it, his heart literally bursts out to express his love for the guy.

To put it simply, I loved it. Anything else I could say, I can only hope that if it gets nominated for an Oscar, the Academy Awards won't pull a Grammys (i.e. 25 over Lemonade) and give the award to a Pixar short that has gotten slightly more exposure.

• Like 4

jacksfilms squad where u at

The animation was pretty nice to look at with all the colors and stuff and it was cute. Almost thought it was gonna be a movie trailer. I'm surprised that people are calling it revolutionary though, I'd think there would be more LGBT CG animations than just this but maybe I'm wrong since I don't check out animated shorts much. 

7 minutes ago, Kiyozu♡ said:

jacksfilms squad where r at

The animation was nice to look at with all the colors and stuff and it was cute. Almost thought it was gonna be a movie. I'm surprised that people are calling it revolutionary though, I'd think there would be more LGBT CG animations than just this but maybe I'm wrong since I don't check out animated shorts much. 

There really isn't much :/ Hopefully this gets the ball rolling for more repeesentation, it's nice to see actual LGBT characters in animation 

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3

This really warmed my heart. It was actually one of the sweetest animated stories I've seen in a while and it was even kind of even creative with heart trying to make the kid confident enough to tell him about crushing on him. Animation was so well-done and I liked it was just a simple story about love between two boys. I'm glad it's getting more recognition, excluding usual negative respond of homophobics or people who thinks THEY ARE FORCING LGBT DOWN KIDS' THROATS. This is what we needed. Love between two same gendered kids can be real and sweet. This made me happy and I hope it wins at Oscars.