• Advertisement

How do you listen to your music?

Katniss

Exactly what it says on the tin  

24 members have voted

1. 1. choose one or multiple or whatevs

Thanks to technology, there are so many different ways to listen to music. Which do you use? I mainly stream music through Pandora and Spotify, though I do use YouTube at times too, especially for music videos/live performances. I liked Apple Music when I had a free trial of it but I can't afford to keep up with a subscription every month haha

Edited by Katniss

A Korean music streaming service named Melon. Costs the same as Spotify Premium / Apple Music and supports my favorite K-Pop artists! :) It also has an extensive collection of Western music that's in English. But I also use YouTube to watch music videos!

Spotify's pretty good, but their ads are unintentionally hilarious at best and absolutely unbearable at worst. AdBlock only works on one of the two computers. The recommendation system is often hit or miss. That new web design is also not very good, just pointing it out. That said, the one I can trust the most for albums, and the source of my playlist I play all the time.

Youtube's the same above, except the AdBlock thing is universal, which is good, and also has the challenge of picking out an album with the original sound, which can get annoying with albums that are pitch-shifted. What's the point?

I don't really use Pandora, I'm an album person. Occasionally my dad pulls it out for dinner but not often. He usually just plays white guys with acoustic guitars.

I absolutely refuse to use Apple Music. Let's just point out that the other services I use don't fucking remove all the other songs on my hard drive.

Primarily YouTube, would use Spotify more often but I use a shared account and someone else is always using it. Though after seeing how little Spotify pays per stream I might consider getting a subscription to a different streaming service instead (when I have an actual source of income, of course).

Guest hilaryfan80

Melon. :) Its kpop selection is superior to every other streaming service, including Apple Music, and it only costs $10/month. It also has Western music, so it has pretty much everything I need. It even has t.A.T.u. and other groups, and I was really impressed that it has lyrics for all of these songs. The only thing is the app is in Korean only, but it's super easy to use that I hardly need to translate it.

A63R1eb.png

Edited by jjsthekid