• Advertisement

The Disaster Artist

JCM

I think one of my friends said that Franco looks more like himself with a Tommy Wiseau wig, and... he's got a point, actually.

But at the same time, is there even anyone who can nail the Tommy Wiseau look than Tommy Wiseau?

5 hours ago, Burgerpants said:

But at the same time, is there even anyone who can nail the Tommy Wiseau look than Tommy Wiseau?

DB Cooper can!

Honestly as long as this also focuses on what the book covered with Tommy and Mark's chemistry outside of the movie and how it really is a tragedy for him to see his passion so utterly screwed like this despite good intentions, I'll really enjoy this. I'll trust the SXSW reviews for James's performance though, he didn't sell me 100% in this scene and considering there was a lot more in the book, I'm hoping some things like this scene don't eat up too much screentime so Seth Rogen and friends can make fun of it.

I’ve got two months before my best movies of the year list gets posted, but this is without a doubt going to be on said list.  Pretty damn high.  Hell might have a shot at number one.

This was so much more than just that Tommy Wiseau movie.  It reminded me a hell of a lot of the Ed Wood movie from twenty years ago in terms of watching how one of the worst movies of all time got made and it did so in an excellent fashion.

James Franco does a much better portrayal of Tommy than the trailers give him credit for.  He is scary realistic at times.  I think Dave Franco isn’t as good as Greg Sestero and that’s probably my main complaint about the movie that he’s kind of a weak link if I had any problems, but even then it’s such a minuscule one because the chemistry is there since these two are brothers and they play off each other very well.

I actually rewatched The Room last night for the first time in awhile thinking to myself this is insane how much they got right in terms of how this got adapted.  I admittedly never finished the book but now I want to because this movie was that damn great.  Can’t wait to check this out again and again.