• Advertisement

Where do you shop for clothes?

Cha

And a "I don't like shopping" or "I rarely shop" works too. :P My family has a tight budget so I go to cheap stores and I try to only get stuff I really want. My favorite stores for buying cheap clothes is Target, Forever 21 and Rue 21.

Shopping for men is difficult, at least in my own personal experience. I don't have the issue of having to find clothes that fit like women's clothes shopping, but I have the issue of finding clothes that are something I would want to wear. It seems, within men's clothing, you either have very childish T-shirts to the tackiest button-ups and nothing in between. I blame the fact that the men's clothing section is typically one of the smallest departments in stores in comparison to children's and women's.

I pretty much shop for clothes exclusively online for this reason. Amazon is a good place, but also custom-made places like Etsy and other custom shirt sites. I find designs there that I like usually. For pants, I order from Amazon because they have a really great return policy. I also order pants and shoes from websites like Kohl's, because there is usually a much larger selection online, and if it doesn't fit (or I don't like it) it can be returned at any store instead of being shipped back.

Call me a millennial for clothes shopping online, but I can find what I want and not waste time going store to store.

Guest hilaryfan80

My answer is very short: yesstyle.com. I just like their clothing options, and it's really unique especially since I live in Kentucky.

For shoes... omg. I can't even go to the store to find my shoe size, so I'm forced to buy online. I usually buy Skechers from their website.

Usually Tommy Hilfiger, Hudson's Bay (department store), Journeyz (shoe store), SVP (some other shoe outlet store that you'd think is trash but sometimes has great shoes) and that's pretty much it. Sometimes...*shudders*...I go to...Sears.

9 hours ago, Face said:

Shopping for men is difficult, at least in my own personal experience. I don't have the issue of having to find clothes that fit like women's clothes shopping, but I have the issue of finding clothes that are something I would want to wear. It seems, within men's clothing, you either have very childish T-shirts to the tackiest button-ups and nothing in between. I blame the fact that the men's clothing section is typically one of the smallest departments in stores in comparison to children's and women's.

I pretty much shop for clothes exclusively online for this reason. Amazon is a good place, but also custom-made places like Etsy and other custom shirt sites. I find designs there that I like usually. For pants, I order from Amazon because they have a really great return policy. I also order pants and shoes from websites like Kohl's, because there is usually a much larger selection online, and if it doesn't fit (or I don't like it) it can be returned at any store instead of being shipped back.

Call me a millennial for clothes shopping online, but I can find what I want and not waste time going store to store.

Yeah, basically. I get called a hipster because I only wear plaid but I only wear plaid because there's nothing else. I almost exclusively shopped at Macy's for two years because they had pretty decent menswear and I had an employee discount so I could actually afford their clothes, but since I left that job I've stopped shopping in stores because there's typically nothing that isn't gaudy or a pop culture graphic tee with a lame joke/reference.

I go to the thrift shop with my buddy Macklemore so I can pop some tags because I only got $20 in my pocket

When I was younger I loved American Eagle and Aeropostale. Now I'm into this store called Belk. It isn't always the cheapest (though it has some good sales occasionally) but there's some cute stuff there. Forever 21 has some nice stuff too even though some of their shirts have cringeworthy phrases on them lol. 

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

A number of places, but most of my shirts are from Hot Topic. I also shop at Urban Outiftters, Vans, and a few other places. I usually go to Urban for underwear and socks because I like their underwear and socks a lot and the other shit there is fucking expensive, but when I have a bit of money on me I consider buying something from there. Other than that, Target and Kohl's, usual places like that, but the rest of my clothes are usually gifts or from online. 

Edited by CyanideFishbone

I hate shopping with a passion so my shopping sessions are usually jsut me spending me 15-20 minutes quickly in T.J Maxx or Walmart or some other cheap store, getting a bunch of generic clothes, and then getting the hell out of there.
Shoe shopping is quick too becuase I Have wife feet and none of the stores here have particularly exhaustive wide feet selections tbh