• Advertisement

218a. Spin the Bottle

Jinjo

Rating  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Bottles: I'm your master now, and you have to grant me three wishes.
    • 4/5 Bottles: I hope it's a baby bottle, because you look adorable!
    • 3/5 Bottles: Noggin here needs to be taught a painful lesson.
    • 2/5 Bottles: PICK SOMETHING YOU BOZO!
    • 1/5 Bottles: Your crummy wish is my command!

(No promo image available at this time)

Premieres: 

Sunday, July 16th @ 7:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, July 22nd @ 9:30am ET/PT

Plot:

Plankton poses as a wish-granting genie in his latest scheme to get the secret formula.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

-Bit of a more inspired disguise on Plankton. Even if his scheme was bat-crap illogical.

-Krabs is a terrible neighbor.

-Gary got bored of eye whacking and went back to his SPORTZ game on TV.

-My Little Genie: Friendship is Magic.

-"Always plays beautifully". So what would've happened if Squidward tried his golden clarinet after Plankton left? Squidward apparently also can't feel wet paint.

-Noggin isn't a pushover. GOAT character.

-Spongebob ignoring Sandy for a Krabs wish. No bueno.

-How does Plankton even keep his business open with such a small account?

-Patrick was really excited about the kissing prospect. Patrick is SBC.

-Alakazoo. Nobody can turn negative space into gold.

-"Whose that bottle with my clod?".

-What does Spongebob think spoiled ketchup looks like?

-I granted this episode 3 wishes. AKA 3/5.

• Like 1

I really liked this episode. Plankton pretending to be a genie was funny and SpongeBob had really cute expressions in this episode. It was also impressive that Plankton was able to grant all those wishes and it was amusing to see all the abuse Plankton gets inside that bottle. I guess that's were the title comes from. It was funny that Patrick was excited with the idea of kissing someone. I was surprised that a real genie showed up and it was funny how everyone was fighting over the genie bottle. SpongeBob works in a kitchen and doesn't know what spoiled ketchup looks like? Oh well, I thought this episode was entertaining.

• Like 1

The hyperactivity is weird as par for the course lately, and Plankton's plan made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I still surprisingly liked this episode, not too much but it was semi-enjoyable enough to make this a worthwhile watch every now and then.

• Like 1

This was fine. Nothing spectacular and it wasn't as funny as Spot Returns or The Checkup but it gave me enough chuckles and pacing was pretty good. It has slapstick humor, which I got tired of in this show but I laughed quite a bit in this episode. Probably because Plankton pretending to be genie is a silly concept, so the slapstick works here but it's not overused to the point, compared to other episodes like The Getaway and Lost & Found. It still had some annoyance in it but again, it's not overused. Genie appearing at the end was a bit unusual but I let it slide. He was fun and I laughed at all characters, except SpongeBob getting punishment. Well deserved too cuz Plankton was being baddie and others were being greedie.

Grade: B

• Like 1

This episode segment was...interesting, to say the least. Definitely never thought we would get a GENIE based episode in "Spongebob Squarepants." As for Spongebob ignoring Sandy for a Mr. Krabs wish...maybe Spongebob thought Plankton operated like Genie from "Aladdin." Spongebob probably thought that Sandy's wish would've been for Spongebob to fall DESPERATELY in love with her, and Spongebob thought that A. Genie's CAN'T make people fall in love with anybody else. And B., that might have COUNTED as a wish, and it would've WASTED Spongebob's third wish to give to his friends! o.o Anyways, this episode segment is definitely a more solid effort from Kaz, but still not as good as his EARLIER stuff! :rolleyes: I'd probably give this episode an 8 out of 10. Enough said! ;)

Originally written: September 12th, 2017

I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't think this episode was going to be as good as it was. Surprisingly, it was actually a really funny episode. I really like some of the gags involving Plankton being injured in the bottle (Particularly the fence gag, that was hilarious), and I think the team that worked on this episode did a great job laying out the scenes where Plankton grants SpongeBob's friends' wishes, especially Squidward's part, that was both funny, and reminiscent on Squidward during Christmas Who?

So, what do I really have to say about this episode?

The plot of the episode isn't too original in my opinion. It's pretty much a mix of past "Plankton disguises..." episodes (Which, at this point has been done about 7 times I believe) and the climax of Christmas Who? Is the plot that good? No. The plot isn't that good, nor is it a good concept (At least in my opinion). Thankfully, the plot falls back on the jokes, and by golly, there's a lot of jokes in this episode.

The humor in this episode was very well handled. This is one of the funniest new episodes I've seen in a while, probably since The Checkup, or even before that, House Worming. As usual, this episode relies mostly on visual humor, but there's actually some pretty funny moments in this episode aside from visual gags (For some odd reason, I found Squidward opening his door to yell at SpongeBob to be hilarious. The pacing of that scene was brilliant, and the way Squidward's line was delivered executed a joke that wouldn't be funny otherwise). Don't get me wrong, there are some jokes in this episode that fall flat (Primarily the jokes revolving around Noggin. That wasn't too funny, and felt pretty forced). Still, I think there was a lot of small little funny moments and gags in this episode that really makes for a funny episode. Kaz developed different ways Plankton could be injured/tormented within the bottle, which allowed for the running gag to not grow stale overtime.

As for the characters, well, they feel pretty forced for the most part. Patrick & Krabs especially are very predictable characters in this episode, very rarely do they actually manage to surprise me at any point in this episode. Plankton is a great main character in this episode, he brings a lot of scenes to life (Especially his interaction with Karen, the delivery of her lines, and even just the lines themselves felt really forced), and is a perfect strait man to all the chaos occurring around him. SpongeBob at first was obviously dumb downed to allow the running gag of Plankton smacking around the bottle to occur. I felt this was very out of character for him, but thankfully he was brought back to his usual intelligence by the time he learned the bottle was a genie bottle. From this point on, SpongeBob is a kind, caring individual who wants to bring joy to his friends. Perfectly in character.

While Squidward, Patrick, and Krabs do go a little overboard at the end of the episode, they definitely get their comeuppance, which I believe is a good pay off for their awfully greedy attitudes during the climax.

The story overall isn't anything special, but with two likable lead characters, and a lot of funny gags, the episode can pass as a pretty solid episode. It's an Okay Episode. Nowhere near as good as Season 11's other two episodes, but still better than a lot of Okay Episodes from Season 10.

I give this episode a 6.9/10.

This is a pretty good, but forgettable, episode. The plot is just another Plankton disguises himself to steal the formula episode, but there are some amusing gags, and the characters are all good here, so I think it's still perfectly fine. Plankton being a genie and granting everyone's wishes was great. 7.5/10 (not sure between 7 or ?