• Advertisement

213a. The Getaway

Jinjo

Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Boats: And you ain't such a bad passenger yourself.
    • 4/5 Boats: You must be the new driving instructor!
    • 3/5 Boats: Step on it!
    • 2/5 Boats: Any place is better than in this boat with you!
    • 1/5 Boats: I just can't take it anymore!

IleKLwO.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 10th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, June 10th @ 4:30pm ET/PT

Sunday, June 11th @ 11:30am ET/PT

Saturday, June 17th @ 9:30am ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob mistakes an escaped convict for his driving instructor, it’s the new teacher who learns a lesson. 

Clips:

1.) http://www.toonzone.net/steve-buscemi-joe-pantoliano-guest-star-spongebob-squarepants-june-10-2017/?clk=inhouse

Edited by Austin Layers

Sorry people, I was not fan of this. Infact this might be my least favorite post-second movie episode ever. The entire episode felt too hyperactive for my taste and I didn't think any of this episode was boring but it was rather tiresome. I like fast-pacing but the problem for me was that the entire jokes in this episode felt way too random and loud. At least slow down for a second to let us breathe but the episode keeps going so fast, it felt like 5 minute episode. SpongeBob was way too oblivious. Yeah, that was a thing in SB Meets the Strangler but that one knew how to be so silly and how to breathe for a bit. And it had jokes. I couldn't smile at the entire thing in this one, except for Kaz joke because all jokes were random situations that happened so quick. I suppose the driver Mrs. Puff had crush on being the getaway driver for the prison was a cool twist that I actually didn't see it coming. That's kind of one positive thing I can say about this episode. Overall, it was just uhh bad. Worst episode in a long time.

Grade: D+

It was nice to see Mrs. Puff concerned for Spongebob, as well as giving her a chance to flirt with the guest star. "Romance gets the right of way". I agree there were a lot of loud slapstick gags, and not all of them hit the funny bone, but they were still tolerable. Cut above a lot of post-second movie, so I guess WhoBob was just feeling cranky. Sticky Fins deserved the abuse.

Other things to note: I saw the Number 1 grave at the cemetery. The Driving Range was a cool new area. I recognize that fish that was called the warden, but I can't remember from where. Oh, and the boats flying in the air as one smashes into the prison feels like deja vu.

Well that an exciting episode. Majority of it was basically one long car chase. The guest stars Steve Buscemi and Joe Pantoliano very great job voicing their characters. Most of the funny moments were actually from Mrs. Puff, believe it or not. I laughed that she was flirting with Steve Buscemi's character throughout the episode. A couple of familiar one-shot characters made a return in this episode. And the artists/writers are continuing their everending tradition of callbacks, which seem to keep growing every passing episode. We saw the graveyard from One Man Trash again, on an interesting note. Only flaw is SpongeBob can be a little naive at times. All in all, pretty great episode, with some nice voice acting and characters.

I really liked this episode and it had me laughing almost the entire time. I thought it was funny with Mrs. Puff flirting with Steve Buscemi's character. I can't think of anything else to say about this episode other than the fast-paced humor was really good. Though why was Mrs. Puff giving SpongeBob a driving test at night I wonder?

Another average episode. I noticed that the animation gags referenced the cult cartoon mascot, Ratfink, at least THREE times in this episode! o.o Also, random bits with the M.C. Escher face house gag, and Spongebob briefly turning into Squidward again! :D What's with the fancy restaurant Spongebob crashed through? Are we going to get to SEE it, or even REFERENCED in another "Spongebob" episode? Also, who KNEW Mrs. Puff had a THING for BAD boys?! That gag with Mrs. Puff looking at the get-away drivers foot, may be the SINGLE dirtiest thing (and NOT in a FILTHY sense), that this show has EVER gotten AWAY with! :rolleyes: And if it's any consolation to Spongebob, I actually think his driving was slightly BETTER in this episode, compared to a good number of episodes past. At least Mrs. Puff wasn't ACTUALLY put into jail at the end of this episode, but you KNOW that a character has got to have SOME mental issues when they are BEGGING to be locked away! :hysterical: Also, HOORAY for Police Officer Nancy making an appearance AGAIN!!!! :cool: Overall, I'd give this episode an 80/100.

I loved it! One of the best :D It was sooo funny. Only thing wrong with it is that the ending reminded me too much of SpongeBob meets the Strangler. Also I find it kinda lame that they threw in a callback to Krusty Love earlier this season, only to mess with Mrs. Puffs lovelife again in this episode. But oh well, it was funny I guess.

I honestly liked this one. Not as good as some other favorites this season (Burst Your Bubble, Mimic Madness), but I enjoyed it. It was crazy, but it was actually a good kind of crazy, and not forced for the sake of it. The craziness I feel actually fit in well with this type of plot. I just found SpongeBob's rampage through town amusing the whole way through, and the end of his chase taking Stickyfins right back to the jail was lulzy. That whole ending to the chase reminded me of Doing Time's ending, which may have been intentional. Stickyfins and Dorsal Dan were in general both decent characters. I was surprised to see the lawyer from Krabs vs. Plankton (Richard A. Bottomfeeder) make a cameo, which was a nice touch even if it didn't impact much. I will admit Mrs. Puff flirting with Dorsal Dan was strange after the Kruff scene in Whirly Brains, but I didn't care for that scene anyways, so it didn't bug me that much. Otherwise, I can't say I had any problems with it. I thought it was pretty entertaining, and actually utilized the wild atmosphere properly, to me at least. S10 has been trying to make unique Boating School episodes which I can appreciate.

Grade: B+

Edited by Austin Layers
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, Master WhoBruh said:

Sorry people, I was not fan of this. Infact this might be my least favorite post-second movie episode ever. The entire episode felt too hyperactive for my taste and I didn't think any of this episode was boring but it was rather tiresome. I like fast-pacing but the problem for me was that the entire jokes in this episode felt way too random and loud. At least slow down for a second to let us breathe but the episode keeps going so fast, it felt like 5 minute episode. SpongeBob was way too oblivious. Yeah, that was a thing in SB Meets the Strangler but that one knew how to be so silly and how to breathe for a bit. And it had jokes. I couldn't smile at the entire thing in this one, except for Kaz joke because all jokes were random situations that happened so quick. I suppose the driver Mrs. Puff had crush on being the getaway driver for the prison was a cool twist that I actually didn't see it coming. That's kind of one positive thing I can say about this episode. Overall, it was just uhh bad. Worst episode in a long time.

Grade: D+

yea opinions change?

I used to dislike this one due to the fact it was just really hyperactive and random like most of season 10-11 Kaz episodes and I was getting sick of these episodes. Call it me being cranky or not, this episode did represent all of my issues with season 10 (and now season 11) but after seeing it again, I find it decent now. Is it as great as some people say? Not really. It still had some dumb gags like eye on the road and it had its loud parts just like most of other season 10 episodes but it was sort of a fun action episode. Probably one of the few post-second movie episodes that actually use fast pace well. Mrs. Puff having a romance on the getaway driver was cute (although my Kruff feelings were hurt but what's continuity?), the thief stealing things from anywhere was amusing to see, feet joke was sort of gross in a funny way and the ending was a bit funny. SpongeBob's obvliousness didn't bother me as much anymore because the thief had its coming. I still don't consider it to be one of the greatest of season 10 but it was definitely one of the better Kaz episodes of post season 10.

Grade: B

• Happy 1