• Advertisement

Thor: Ragnarok

Katniss

33 minutes ago, terminoob said:

If anyone is unfamiliar with Taika's other work - go get familiar with it. Crazy talented guy.

Honestly the main reason I'm excited for this.  I've seen Eagle vs Shark and What We Do In the Shadows.  I know what he's capable of and am highly intrigued to see how he does with this because that teaser worked for me.

• Like 1

This actually looks really good. I truly think this is going to blow the first two movies out of the water, and thankfully so. I've always thought the Thor movies were among the weakest of the MCU, but this looks like it might just put Thor on the map in the same way Winter Soldier did for Cap.

And I know people are missing his long hair, but imo he's ten times hotter with the short cut :wub: . I've never been a Hemsworth-guy, but woooo :blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ϯꂅꂅภϳ12 said:

This actually looks really good. I truly think this is going to blow the first two movies out of the water, and thankfully so. I've always thought the Thor movies were among the weakest of the MCU, but this looks like it might just put Thor on the map in the same way Winter Soldier did for Cap.

And I know people are missing his long hair, but imo he's ten times hotter with the short cut :wub: . I've never been a Hemsworth-guy, but woooo :blush:

YESSSSSSS. - Thor and me

I love short haired Thor so much. He is so much hotter than long haired Thor.

If you had blush for short haired Hemsworth, check this video too. ;)

• Like 3

On 4/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, Dr. WhoBob said:

YESSSSSSS. - Thor and me

I love short haired Thor so much. He is so much hotter than long haired Thor.

If you had blush for short haired Hemsworth, check this video too. ;)

baI8rkp.gif

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Best Thor movie.  Without a doubt.  An epic adventure, good new characters, getting rid of some of the unneeded baggage of this series (not going to miss Jane, Darcy, or Dr. Selvig at all tbh), a great villain (Phase 3 has done a damn good job with nearly all of these villains tbh), awesome Hulk moments, hilarious comedy often, and just a fucking blast of a movie.  I can't think of a movie where I just honestly had this much fun that came out this year.  Dare I say it, but not only is this Top 10 MCU, but quite possibly Top 5.  I have to really think about that claim, but it really was that damn great.

• Like 1

I too loved this movie. I have some complaints, particularly that maybe Thor's arc could have been more focused and while I loved the humor in this, I didn't feel all that different with comedy considering I had just as many laughs from some of MCU movies. That being said, this movie beats the shit out of other Thor movies, even though I liked them because they got rid of Earth stuff, they focused more on humor and self awareness, cosmic stuff. Thor and Hulk's bromance was amazing, as well as Bruce and Thor's bromance. I gotta say this is the best Hulk they have given to us. Loki and Thor's love hate relationship was developed further and I loved that. The Grandmaster, Executioner and Korg were wonderful comedic characters. Valkyrie was my favorite addition to the team cuz they gave her the most depth and her backstory was quite tragic. Hela could have been a bit sympathetic but nevertheless I understood her character (still bitter how one reddit guy spoiled one secret aspect of Hela GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) and she was pretty charming. The story tho, I gotta praise for what they did at the end. 

Spoiler

Unlike any other MCU movies, except for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Civil War and Age of Ultron, this totally broke the status quo of MCU and it felt imporant to future stories, while being its own movie. They actually fucking destroyed Asgard, Thor lost his eye (seriously, good job with editing in the trailers because that would have ruined the surprise), Thor leads his people now and Thor's dad died for a greater purpose. Even though Asgard people were safe, that mid credit scene man. No one will be able to escape from Thanos.

I definitely don't think this was as amazing as Captain America sequels and maybe GOTG and Avengers but it's one of my favorite MCU movies for sure. Taika Waititi, you handsome devil, please make more movies.

Grade: A