• Advertisement

096. Pest of the West

Sabre

I just rewatched this recently and I thought I would comment on it. First off, I remember why I like SpongeBuck and friends. Just loved SpongeBuck's accent. I think it's great to have another episode with one of SpongeBob's forefathers. The beginning part with SpongeBuck entering Dead Eye Gulch is interesting but I felt like the rest of the episode was sort of dull. Sure, this episode could have a little more to it, but not bad. Idiot friends was great and I loved the song.

5.9/10

• Like 1

I just rewatched this recently and I thought I would comment on it. First off, I remember why I like SpongeBuck and friends. Just loved SpongeBuck's accent. I think it's great to have another episode with one of SpongeBob's forefathers. The beginning part with SpongeBuck entering Dead Eye Gulch is interesting but I felt like the rest of the episode was sort of dull. Sure, this episode could have a little more to it, but not bad. Idiot friends was great and I loved the song.

5.9/10

I like to add to my opinion that SpongeBuck's love of 2% milk is great. <3 And I change my grade to a 6.5/10

Attached is one of many many Pest of the West promos and bumpers I recorded. I'm not sure why but for some reason I tried to record everything, even the bumpers from the countdown (and yes, the rumor that "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" was called "Superfriends" in this countdown is true!) which equals about 7 minutes worth of advertising before the actual gem of the tape--the original premiere of the episode!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this--it's a catchy little song. Sorry about the quality, but I had to compress it a lot for it to upload here. Also sorry that it's a WMV--I'll get a playable file for you non-Windows users soon!

Edit: Weird, I set the file to attach and it didn't work. And it's less than 500kb too... anybody know what went wrong?

This episode is so underrated and I actually love this special. Yes, I thought It was great. I found the plot very interesting, ths episode was funny, It was great to learn more about characters' ancestors and I liked SpongeBuck's design. This episode wasn't enjoyable TBH, some parts were boring and I was excepting to see a great showdown between SpongeBuck and Dead Eye Plankton but I found it very cheesy and disappointing when SpongeBuck stepped on Dead Eye and saved the town. Even though this episode wasn't enjoyable, It was very funny. SpongeBuck, Pecos Patrick and Dead Eye Plankton were very funny in this episode. Also I liked 2 songs in this episode, especially "Idiot Friends". This special is not one of the best season 5 episodes but It's one of the better SpongeBob specials IMO. 8.5/10

Very boring for a special, basically a recycled plankton plot without Krabby patties and instead he runs a town.

The coffin Jockey gag wasn't even that funny and they ran what humor it had into the ground.

I also hate the song idiot friends.

Edit: just remembered how boring the opening was with sandy and

For all the gross out humor in season 5 Spongebob literally runs his body through clam excrement.

THAT CANNOT BE REDEEMED

And there's literally really nothing is like about it at all actually now that I think about it I'm changing my score to

1/10

One of the worst episodes of Spongebob I have ever seen,

I really loved this episode. It was back in time. It was the best s5 episode IMO. Spongebuck and his friends beat the old Plankton. SpongeBob discovered that his retive was famous.

Best character - Spongebuck

9.9/10