• Advertisement

Blade Runner 2049

Turo

Wow I can't even believe they didn't even release 2047 sequels of this :stinkeye: 

I really liked the first movie and this sequel has RYAN GOSLING, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Harrison Ford is back for this too, oh yeah baby. I'm definitely interested in this.

My most anticipated movie of 2017.  The original is one of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time and the trailers I've seen have definitely caught the feel of the original down to the music choices and especially the imagery.  Now hinting a war between replicants and humans?  Shoot, this might be the sequel I had no idea I wanted all this time.

• Like 1

Best movie of the year.  There is still plenty of time for something to prove me completely wrong, but I doubt it because this was my most anticipated movie of 2017 and it completely lived up to those expectations.  This was the sequel I didn't know I needed and I'm very much glad I saw it because it wowed me.  I can't even begin to explain how amazing this movie is because it's one of those movies that just leaves me speechless at how visually stunning and deep of a narrative it is.  It somehow managed to take a great movie like Blade Runner and expand and deepen the original source material.  Without a doubt, one of the best sci-fi action movies of this decade.

The slightest problem I had was that run time.  It's an incredibly long movie at nearly three hours which it kept me entertained don't get me wrong, but let me explain my one nitpick about it.  Now for a movie to make me not realize this run time, it has to keep me engaged from start to finish without noticing that certain moments didn't need to be included.  And those certain moments, without spoilers, are that the movie sometimes repeats self reminding us what happened earlier in the movie.  Which I sat there thinking to myself, was that necessary?  Because I remembered that loud and clear the first time.  Like I said though, small nitpick that doesn't affect my declaration at all that this was the best movie of the year.

What I enjoyed the most was that this didn't set up any more sequels, spin-offs, or extended universes.  This was just a pure movie existing to be a full length movie.  That is incredibly refreshing in this day and age where if a classic property like Blade Runner gets brought back, it's for more movies to be set up in the future.  Granted, it wouldn't surprise me the slightest bit if Warner Brothers demanded more sequels afterwards, but this manages to excel as a stand alone movie that doesn't need any follow-up.

That being said, as much as I would like everyone here to see this, I'll admit that it's not going to be for everyone.  I can definitely see people getting turned off by this and not understanding the hype.  The original had the same reaction thirty five years ago.  But to me, once again, best movie I've seen in 2017.  Love it!

• Like 1