• Advertisement

Spearl

Rocky2

So everyone knows about the Chaperone episode where SpongeBob takes Pearl to the prom, how he serves her fruit punch, and how she comforts him and calls him Short Sweet and Spongy. They also work together in Bossy Boots. Do you think that they are just friends or there is something more?

Ehhh, I've never really seen the potential in this one. You got episodes like Bossy Boots are The Chaperone where they get along relatively well, but then you get episodes Tunnel of Glove where Pearl where was really annoyed by him the whole time (Not to mention, in that same episode Pearl's friends joked that SpongeBob was her boyfriend and she was all "Ew, gross!")

On top of that, they don't really have anything in common or ever hang out. Besides, Pearl's in high school, and while we don't know SpongeBob's exact age (Unless you wanna take the date on his license into account) it's pretty safe to assume he's an adult, so the thought of him dating a teenager is very yikes

Plus, he'd be dating his boss' daughter which I imagine would be kinda awkward for all of them. I dunno I just felt the need to add in my two cents to all of this. I see them as friends, but that's it.

For some reason that I don't know, they are the two who are in episodes with themes of obvious romantic potential, the idea of "there is something more" seems to me something interesting and the first time I saw "The Chaperone" I thought they would kiss for real (I was 8 years old at the time) but I suppose it may also be just for a more "useful" comedy although it's just my theory. 

6VqOqAJ.png