• Advertisement

Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming

Young Nug

Oh shit I finally made a movie topic before Clappy (unless I haven't and then you can merge tf out of this)

Anyway, this looks good, if only for the fact that the sheer joy of seeing Spider-Man next to Iron Man on film hasn't worn off yet. Still think I prefer Andrew Garfield, but the John Hughes vibe this one is giving off I like a lot.

Also Zendaya. <3

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 70s said:

Not to be dramatic but my life had no meaning before I saw this 

I agree. After taking a horrible physics exam, watching this made me happy. I'm so hyped tbh. Vulture looks amazeballs too. I hope he will have more to his character.

Well, I know what I'm watching next summer.

Glad to see that Sony is taking the Spider-Man franchise in a new direction after things got shaky with The Amazing Spider-Man movie series. Tom Holland is already growing on me and I think I actually like him better than Andrew Garfield now.

6 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Oh shit I finally made a movie topic before Clappy

It's actually WhoBob you have to worry about these days since he's lightning quick about it. :stinkeye: 

To be honest, the first ten seconds of the trailer had enough charisma and personality to hook me in already.  Love the John Hughes inspired vibe of it all too although I hope Zendaya's character gets more screen time in future trailers than what's her face no name who Peter was eye goggling.  Sony was smart to let Kevin Feige in on this franchise and it will pay HUGE divedends for the years to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. WhoBob is out of creative name ideas and he didn't wanna go back to his old name, so there you go said:

this is probably the best trailer. It gave us both Peter Parker and Spider-Man and it really gives me hope that this movie will do well. 

I know it's your opinion but I absolutely disagree.  The second trailer was by far the best because it showed us some actual conflict and what this movie was going to be about.

This trailer was okay but it was heavily reliant on how cool Spidey's new suit is.  Which I get it because it works with the MCU storyline of Tony making it.  That being said, I don't like the new suit because it looses what made Spider-Man feel so special as a hero and it is way too tech savvy.  Didn't he get bit by a spider because I sure as hell couldn't tell with how much his suit felt like a Stark invention.  Maybe that was the point because it makes you root for Peter to find his roots again like he does in the second trailer?  Idk I just didn't like how dependent this trailer was on trying to make the new suit look awesome.

Also a recurring problem with all three trailers, but isn't Zendaya suppose to be one of the leading actors/actresses for this movie?  Because she is barely in any of the trailers and it's bugging me.

Just now, Clappy said:

I know it's your opinion but I absolutely disagree.  The second trailer was by far the best because it showed us some actual conflict and what this movie was going to be about.

This trailer was okay but it was heavily reliant on how cool Spidey's new suit is.  Which I get it because it works with the MCU storyline of Tony making it.  That being said, I don't like the new suit because it looses what made Spider-Man feel so special as a hero and it is way too tech savvy.  Didn't he get bit by a spider because I sure as hell couldn't tell with how much his suit felt like a Stark invention.  Maybe that was the point because it makes you root for Peter to find his roots again like he does in the second trailer?  Idk I just didn't like how dependent this trailer was on trying to make the new suit look awesome.

Also a recurring problem with all three trailers, but isn't Zendaya suppose to be one of the leading actors/actresses for this movie?  Because she is barely in any of the trailers and it's bugging me.

idk I like to not know too much in the trailers, so that's why I enjoyed third trailer the most and didn't exactly dig the second trailer so much. Second trailer was still good tho. Yeah suit doesn't need to be too techy but I enjoyed everything else in the trailer.

Yeah Zendaya bits weren't so much in the trailers and that's kind of sucky. At least we got a bit of Donald Glover in the trailer. <3

On 12/9/2016 at 0:57 AM, Metal Snake said:

Well, I know what I'm watching next summer.

Glad to see that Sony is taking the Spider-Man franchise in a new direction after things got shaky with The Amazing Spider-Man movie series. Tom Holland is already growing on me and I think I actually like him better than Andrew Garfield now.

aw, a good feeling it is when you don't regret a post you made seven months ago :)

Watched this with my friend today. No shocker, I liked it a lot. Better than The Amazing Spider-Man, which was cool, but didn't resonate with me as much as this movie. All the action scenes were moving, Holland was excellent as Spider-Man, and almost every scene of comic relief got at least a chuckle out of me. The scenes with Spider-Man trying to stop the elevator from falling, trying to put the boat back together, and when he was confronted in the car by Vulture had excellent suspense and the ending was hilarious. 

Congrats Sony, you made me more proud than ever to call Spider-Man my favorite Marvel hero.

• Like 1

Before I wanna talk about the movie, lemme just say Phase 3 of MCU has done a great job writing compelling villains so far. Zemo, Emo and now Vulture, whose motivations were completely understandable and it paralleled with story they were telling with Peter as Spider-Man in this one.

This movie was just so good. Not one of my favorites from MCU nor I think it's the best Spider-Man movie but damn I had a lot of fun with it. I'm glad that this was just a battle between Spider-Man and Vulture. No destorying the city or the whole world stakes but the personal stakes between hero and the villain. Tom Holland proved himself ot be the best Spider-Man ever. Yeah Tobey is a great Peter Park but he didn't capture the quippy Spider-Man. Tom did and he was just so damn funny in this episode but Tom was still Peter Parker. His chemistry with anyone in this movie was great. From Liz to Tony Stark, they were all well-done. Ned, Peter's friend was actually a good comic relief, Aunt May was so sweet and concerned about Peter, Tony was a great father figure to Peter and Michelle was just a funny jerk character. The movie just warmed my heart a bit, it knew when it wanted to be so serious and dark but the movie kept it's lighthearted tone. Action scenes and special effects were engaging too. As for my issues, it was a slow in some parts of the movie but aside from that, good job with a really good Spider-Man movie MCU.

Grade: B+