• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

As is tradition for the past few years, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have leaked ahead of launch. If you're expecting this game to have ORAS/HGSS level changes, or for this to pull from Platinum's content, you will be in for a huge disappointment is all I can say. It saddens me to say as a longtime fan, but this will probably be the first Pokemon game I skip. I personally don't feel it's added enough changes or new content to justify $60 for what is essentially a glorified port of a DS game from 15 years ago. This is coming from someone who didn't even hate Sword and Shield. Be careful what you wish for, Poke fans. More power to those who are getting the remakes, I truly hope you enjoy, but I've decided these aren't for me. In general I'm kind of over remakes and would prefer new spins on revisiting an old region like Legends (which is what I've been more interested in from the get-go anyways) is doing. On that bright note, Legends coming right after will hopefully wash the taste of this out of my mouth, so I'm not mad.

• Sad 1

The hype for these titles have always felt invisible to me, so I've come to terms that this may end up being a disappointment even for me. From what I've heard of the leaks, GF & ILCA seem like they're playing it very safe, so this does make Legends feel like it's compensating for the lack of a legitimate glow-up from the original source.

• Like 1

what really gets me about these remakes is how disconnected they seem to be from gen 8 as a whole. say what you will about ORAS, but it was absolutely a gen 6 game and incorporated XY's features, even improving upon some. these on the other hand don't seem to take anything whatsoever from SWSH (although how much people would've enjoyed a Dynamax Sinnoh is...up for debate). love or hate them, it's jarring to have a remake in the same generation not take any features from its predecessor and further adds to the uninspired cash grab vibe on display. "DP but ported to the Switch" these truly are.

but at the same time, I guess this is what the fandom deserves with how they've acted the past few years 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Uh...surprise! Gen 9 is here already!

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet release November 2022. The game will be open world like Arceus. The region appears to be based on both Spain and Portugal.

Starters:

Sprigatito:FMnEyXFX0AAxTPz?format=png&name=900x900

Fuecoco: FMnEzlUXIAYzO_X?format=png&name=900x900

Quaxly: FMnE0XGX0AkggOd?format=png&name=900x900

I genuinely did not see this coming at all. I haven't been in the know with Poke news or leaks lately admittedly, but I'm still shocked Gen 9 is actually this year, figured it would've been saved for 2023. (I also still need to play Arceus oops)

Can't wait for the inevitable fire/fighting starter memes and the discourse, whatever that will be, but I'm feeling certain that the graphic snobs are already tearing this apart right now.

Some opinionz:

-This looks more like to me that it will be set in Brazil, or more specifically, Rio de Janeiro, but of course, my geography could be wrong.
-For once, looking at those starters, my initial feelings are "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I may have to wait it out for the final stage evos to determine what I want. Quaxly looks interesting simply for the inevitable Donald Duck memes, but, we have a couple water-type duck lines already and idk what they'd do different with it. Fuecoco (also R.I.P. all those Chinese zodiac theories) being this fire dinosaur is also promising for how unique it is, but I don't have high hopes that it will stay quadpedal . Sprigatito might be my biggest favorite, but I'm cautiously optimistic nonetheless.
-I'm just going to say this, I'm fatigued with the whole open-world trend, and it's not bound to be my favorite aspect of S/V. Of course, the fans have been clamoring for the games to be more open-world, but when push comes to shove and the games are revealed to still have linearity to them, I could see the hype dying down already.
-The graphics are no different from Legends Arceus at first glance, but that's not going to be such a big hindrance for me to try this game. Pokemon was never really all about being top notch with its graphics, and for what they are, they still look nice.

• Like 1

• Release date is November 18th, 2022
  • The region's professor differs depending on the version. In Scarlet, it's Professor Sada and in Violet, it's Professor Turo.
  • Has 4 player play and allows for you to explore various locations with up to four people overall on the field.
  • You can challenge the gyms in any order you want. 

New Pokemon:

Pawmi (Electric): pawmi.png

Lechonk (Normal): lechonk.png

Smoliv (Grass/Normal): smoliv.png

Koraidon: koraidon.png

Miraidon: miraidon.png

There will be no level scaling for the gyms. The regional gimmick is called Terastal, which turns your Pokemon into crystals and temporarily changes its type. Region is called Paldea. Map:

world-map-2x.jpg

New Pokemon:

Paldean Wooper (Poison/Ground): paldeanwooper.png

Fidough (Fairy): fidough.png

Cetitan (Ice): cetitan.png

There are three stories:

Victory Road: Players will go to Gyms in different locations to achieve Champion Rank.

Path of Legends: Upperclassmen Arven will join the player in search of rare ingredients called Herba Mystica which are guarded by Titan Pokémon, which are bigger than ordinary Pokémon.

Starfall Street: Players will challenge Team Star, a group of delinquents causing trouble for the school.

Grafaiai (Poison/Normal): grafaiai.png

Klawf (Rock): klawf.png

Armarouge (Fire/Psychic): armarouge.png

Ceruledge (Fire/Ghost): ceruledge.png