• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

As is tradition, someone has gotten their hands on the games early for those not in the know, and lots of new Pokemon are leaking. In the following link below you'll see a recap of everything leaked so far if you want to be spoiled, and it will be periodically updated with anything else that comes out. View it at your own discretion:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VKpV_XP5iiJRPzyFAXCY0TDoIioO0q90Vj5qjuuNBqE/edit?usp=sharing

All I'm gonna say so far is...holy shit @ Impidimp's final evolution. That's absolutely going on my team. We're also finally getting some cool unused type combos such as Poison/Electric, Bug/Ice and Bug/Psychic. And regarding the starters...

Spoiler

The final starter evolutions are all indeed pure monotypes (first time since Gen 2 this has happened), which is upsetting many.

EDIT: A LOT more has leaked since I made this post, and boy, you're in for some surprises.

• Wow 1

Only two days til official release...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GameFreakLied&src=trend_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/FuckYouGameFreak?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThankYouGameFreak?src=hashtag_clic

https://www.gamebyte.com/people-petition-for-trump-to-stop-the-sale-of-pokemon-sword-shield/ 

1573423229000.png?width=800&height=419

oW6kByu.png?width=651&height=601

tumblr_lqqv06Zjvo1qleyj1o1_r2_500.gif 

...this is certainly a game cycle I'll never forget, that's for sure.

Spoiler

Despite a ton of issues this game might have (and it does have actual problems), my team so far is gonna have Rillaboom, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity and possibly Frosmoth in it. Still unsure on the other half.

On the (somewhat) bright side, at least now people don't hate Gen 5 anymore. Chad Gen 5 finally vindicated. :cool:

• Happy 1

I don't know if I'll be around during the midnight release, or if I''ll end up being around "one of those toxic fans" because if I do, getting the game during its midnight release is probably going to be an uncomfortable experience for me.

• God Himself 1

Yeah, in all honesty despite all the game drama which I'm starting to get really sick of, I'm still really excited. I'm getting Shield and my planned team is Cinderace, Appletun (literally getting this just because my roommate hates the apple Pokemon and wants me to catch it and name it after him and I need a grass type so yeah), Barraskewda, Grimmsnarl, Toxitricity, and Indeedee.

• Confused 1

Just got through about the first 8 hours of Shield.

You know what, despite me not being crazy about a lot of the choices, man is this game still as fun as every other mainline Pokemon game that I don't really mind all of these changes (at least for right now). The presentation is actually pretty damn good, the new Pokemon are a ton of fun, but man, hats off to Game Freak for both the gyms and the regions. Absolutely love what they did with the gyms here, especially with how cinematic and grand each gym battle is (despite a lot of them not being super difficult but that's par the course for a Pokemon game), and they knocked it out of the park with the region and the attention to detail going into it. I absolutely fell in love with little nods like "mum" being said instead of Mom and "telly" for TV. It absolutely feels like a Pokemon-ized version of Britain, and I think that's something Game Freak succeeded at with both Gens 6 and 7. Also, thank god for less tutorials, man. Make the whole game feel way more streamlined. I've had an absolute blast with it so far. Don't wanna knock on wood with saying this, but definitely feels nice after the shitstorm since E3.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Current team:

Thwackey (Donkey Kong) - Lv 34

Barraskewda (Fred Rechid) - Lv 34

Toxtricity (Spyro) - Lv 34

Morgrem (Loki) - Lv 34

Galarian Yamask (Bakura) - Lv 34

I've also had Corvisquire, Boltund and Coalossal rotating as temporary members so I don't get overleveled. I'm about to reach gym 4's city, which I'll do tomorrow. The Wild area is the most enjoyable part of the game so far for me (though it does have its issues).

I will be writing an in-depth review on the game when I'm done. I surprisingly have a lot to say.

• Wow 1

In the middle of the Champions Cup.  Here’s my team all at Level 60:

Corviknight

Bewear

Flygon

Barraskewda

Grimmsnarl

Chandelure

You read that right.  No starters.  First time I’ve ever done a Pokémon game without one.  Tried to challenge myself and for the most part, I feel I’ve succeeded. 

• Like 1

My team at this point:

Inteleon (Technicolor) - Level 43

Corviknight (Violet Hill) - Level 42

Obstagoon (Viva la Vida) - Level 41

Alcremie ('Berry Swing) - Level 40

Coalossal (Prospekt) - Level 41

Polteageist (42) - Level 41

I'm about to take on the sixth gym. For once since Gen 5, I've decided to settle on building a team of solely new Mons. I'm very satisfied with how my team is doing and I am enjoying the game myself so far. I may write my own take on SW/SH at some later point.

• Like 1

Currently on my way to the sixth gym. I'd probably be farther along if I haven't been spending so much time in the Wild Area lol Pretty sure this will be my finalized team.

Ginger Baker (Rillaboom) - Lv. 52
Kyd Wykkyd (Grimmsnarl) - Lv. 47
Flesh Wound (Corviknight) - Lv. 46
RolycolyOlie (Coalossal) - Lv. 49
Heart (Barraskewda) - Lv. 44
OrangeCasidy (Low Key Toxtricity)- Lv. 52

I've also been keeping Appletun, Boltund, Drednaw, Shiinotic (been really helpful for me when catching mon), Sinistea, Galarian Rapidash, Centiskorch, Indeedee, Sneasel, Riolu and Bewear leveled up not too far behind as alternates should any situation arise.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, Old Man Jenkins said:

Currently on my way to the sixth gym. I'd probably be farther along if I haven't been spending so much time in the Wild Area lol Pretty sure this will be my finalized team.

Ginger Baker (Rillaboom) - Lv. 52
Kyd Wykkyd (Grimmsnarl) - Lv. 47
Flesh Wound (Corviknight) - Lv. 46
RolycolyOlie (Coalossal) - Lv. 49
Heart (Barraskewda) - Lv. 44
OrangeCasidy (Low Key Toxtricity)- Lv. 52

I've also been keeping Appletun, Boltund, Drednaw, Shiinotic (been really helpful for me when catching mon), Sinistea, Galarian Rapidash, Centiskorch, Indeedee, Sneasel, Riolu and Bewear leveled up not too far behind as alternates should any situation arise.

LMAO I named my Barraskewda Heart too.

Inteleon (Technicolor) - Level 53

Corviknight (Violet Hill) - Level 52

Obstagoon (Viva la Vida) - Level 52

Alcremie ('Berry Swing) - Level 52

Coalossal (Prospekt) - Level 51

Polteageist (42) - Level 51

Same team as ever, but now I'm before the Champion Cup. 

My final team:

Rillaboom (Donkey Kong) - Lv 56

Toxtricity (Amped form) (Spyro) - Lv 56

Barraskewda (Fred Rechid) - Lv 56

Runerigus (Bakura) - Lv 56

Frosmoth (Jon Snow) - Lv 56

Grimmsnarl (Loki) - Lv 56

Got my 8th badge last night and made it to Wyndon today. I'll do the Champion's Cup (and villain plot) later tonight it's looking like.

• Like 1