• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

New trailer:

A certain rumor just got confirmed. Giovanni and old villains (from alternate universes) return, new battle facility named the "Battle Agency", we can get Totem Pokemon, and pretty much every legendary will be catchable post-game.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3
  • Happy 1
  • Confused 1

Stuff has leaked, read at own risk (only covering a few things):

Spoiler

-No new Alolan forms, unfortunately.

-Necrozma's true form is "Ultra Necrozma", which is Psychic/Dragon and stronger than Mega Rayquaza:

mVbPGPl.gif

-Adhesive (Poipole) has an evolution named "Nagandel", which is Poison/Dragon

d5c.png

-New event legendary named "Zeraora", which is a pure Electric type:

Qlj1g8M.jpg?1

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

I might as well go ahead with building a new team of my own for Ultra Sun after some experiences I had with my old team from Sun and since it's good to plan ahead of time.

Spoiler

ultrasunteam.png.bcad15ad63c7f31f4fe3adada1458334.png

This time around, I'm going along with Incineroar as my starter. If I'm gonna be real honest, while I still like the grass starter the most out of the three starters, I didn't enjoy using Decidueye in battle and I hope that I will enjoy things better with Incineroar.
-As you'll notice right off the bat, I'm taking the risk of having two dark types on my team. I'm compelled to use Zoroark for my team, but I'm going to be using it as more of my Ghost/Psychic sweeper rather than Incineroar. I am thinking about what my moveset for my Incineroar is going to look like though.
-And then that's where Crobat comes in. Not only am I going to use it because it's fast, but also because I feel it's one of the best Pokemon as part of Zoroark's Illusion ability.
-Also using another poison type, in addition to a water type. Toxapex is going to be my defensive team member.
-I'm compelled to use Ampharos as well, but I'm also planning on using it as a special sweeper, and as an edge against flying types since I haven't had an electric type team member for some time.
-Alolan Ninetales is my wildcard team member, and I can see it as being really useful for my build.

So yeah, I'm actually going to be using Pokemon that are predominantly from past generations for Ultra Sun. I'd say it's a good enough balance of Alolan region Pokemon if you count Alolan Ninetales.

Edited by Steel Skeet

On 11/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, Steel Skeet said:

I might as well go ahead with building a new team of my own for Ultra Sun after some experiences I had with my old team from Sun and since it's good to plan ahead of time.

Hide contents

ultrasunteam.png.bcad15ad63c7f31f4fe3adada1458334.png

This time around, I'm going along with Incineroar as my starter. If I'm gonna be real honest, while I still like the grass starter the most out of the three starters, I didn't enjoy using Decidueye in battle and I hope that I will enjoy things better with Incineroar.
-As you'll notice right off the bat, I'm taking the risk of having two dark types on my team. I'm compelled to use Zoroark for my team, but I'm going to be using it as more of my Ghost/Psychic sweeper rather than Incineroar. I am thinking about what my moveset for my Incineroar is going to look like though.
-And then that's where Crobat comes in. Not only am I going to use it because it's fast, but also because I feel it's one of the best Pokemon as part of Zoroark's Illusion ability.
-Also using another poison type, in addition to a water type. Toxapex is going to be my defensive team member.
-I'm compelled to use Ampharos as well, but I'm also planning on using it as a special sweeper, and as an edge against flying types since I haven't had an electric type team member for some time.
-Alolan Ninetales is my wildcard team member, and I can see it as being really useful for my build.

So yeah, I'm actually going to be using Pokemon that are predominantly from past generations for Ultra Sun. I'd say it's a good enough balance of Alolan region Pokemon if you count Alolan Ninetales.

For Incineroar, the signature move that you are able to upgrade into a Z-Move, Darkest Lariat, is the best Dark move you'll get for Incineroar. The added bonus of the move ignoring every stat change with your target is a humungous plus. 

For fire type moves, I like Flare Blitz which in Sun and Moon it learns at level 55 but it has recoil damage which may be a turn off. Honestly Flamethrower works for Incineroar too, considering it's 80 special attack stat really isn't bad at all. 

Cross Chop is also fun to use, but it's 80 accuracy may be a drawback to some, for a replacement for that I recommend Brick Break.

That's really all I got to say for recommendations. It's all up to you though. 

This may or may not end up being my team:

Spoiler

aHSnfob.png

Not using any mons I used last time for variety. Taking a few risks here. Nothing against the starters, but I wanted to try something a lil' different by using the event Rockruff as my starter, might make things more interesting. I'm also aware I won't be able to get Naganadel until very late in the game, so we'll see how I manage until then.

Edited by jjsthekid

Just got past Cutscene-Tutorial Island with four members currently on my team:

Litten level 16
Zorua level 16
Zubat level 16
Magnemite level 15

Also decided to have Magnemite as my temp before I'd get myself a Mareep.

Edited by Steel Skeet

Can anyone tell me if this is much different from regular sun and moon that much. Like I'm not sure if I want to pick up US/UM yet. It all depends on how much they changed.

20 minutes ago, Naruto Dies IN HELL said:

Can anyone tell me if this is much different from regular sun and moon that much. Like I'm not sure if I want to pick up US/UM yet. It all depends on how much they changed.

It's the same as every other "third version". Same basic idea, bit of a twist on the story, new post-game, expanded Pokedex. There are plenty of trailers that showcase the story difference, but if you're not impressed by them then I wouldn't bother.

• Like 2

I just beat Guzma at the Shady House and I have to say, is it just me or is this game harder than the original? Totem Araquanid, Salazzle, and oh god especially Lurantis were all really hard for me. Looking at Nanu's team because i'm about to fight him I'm kind of scared because his highest is level 44 and my team is around 36-37. Totem Togedemaru wasn't that bad too, along with Olivia and Hala. But yeah, they definitely powered up Guzma's team. 

Spoiler

Add me to the list of people who find USUM harder than the previous games. It's probably the way my team is set up, but a good majority of the Totem Pokemon I faced were very tough. I legitimately got angry with Totem Araquanid after so many soft resets.

I'm at the same pace as Cyanide, having recently beat Guzma and got past Po Town. Now I'm going to muster up some time to level grind before taking on Nanu and Aether Foundation. My team so far:

Incineroar level 39
Zoroark level 39
Crobat level 39
Toxapex level 39
Ampharos level 39
Vulpix level 39

I do have the Ice Stone on me. Planning on evolving my Alolan Vulpix before I fight Nanu. Also, very interesting to note: my team got Pokerus once I left Heahea Beach to go back to the third island that I just got started with.

Edited by Steel Skeet

Just beat Pokemon White tonight. :)

GgNrKue.jpg

Took me less than 25 hours with this team (swapped out a Lv. 47 Zebstrika nicknamed Magnus for Zekrom in the final battle)...

IMG_20171215_212039.jpg.d0d310a3cc84aeea9e7dbeeb583fa423.jpg

And that takes care of every game before Sun and Moon, that's every single one. :D

P.S. Oh yeah, and I'm getting Ultra Moon for Christmas.

P.S.S. I can't believe I actually got caught up with this franchise despite not playing a single game from it as a kid. Interesting year 2017 has been.

17 hours ago, Metal Snake said:

Just beat Pokemon White tonight. :)

IMG_20171215_212010.thumb.jpg.614542275acaf3c2a1804092736dcf92.jpg

Took me less than 25 hours with this team (swapped out a Lv. 47 Zebstrika nicknamed Magnus for Zekrom in the final battle)...

IMG_20171215_212039.jpg.d0d310a3cc84aeea9e7dbeeb583fa423.jpg

And that takes care of every game before Sun and Moon, that's every single one. :D

P.S. Oh yeah, and I'm getting Ultra Moon for Christmas.

P.S.S. I can't believe I actually got caught up with this franchise despite not playing a single game from it as a kid. Interesting year 2017 has been.

I actually JUST restarted playing Black like 15 minutes ago lmao. Thanks a lot Chuggaaconroy for making me want to replay this amazing game.

• Like 1

So I got Ultra Sun as a random gift from my girlfriend last week.  Pretty much wrapped up Tutorial Island and getting ready for the next Island.  Right now my team is:

Level 22 Pikachu

Level 22 Torracat

Ideally I want to give Alola Raichu a shot and Litten was the only starter I haven’t given a real try yet with this generation.

Currently my plan is to get a Mudbray on Route 4 and a Dewpider after the water trial stage.  After that, I’m thinking about rounding my team out with two of the following four Pokes: Mimikyu, Mawile, Hawlucha, or Kommo-o.

50 minutes ago, Clappy said:

So I got Ultra Sun as a random gift from my girlfriend last week.  Pretty much wrapped up Tutorial Island and getting ready for the next Island.  Right now my team is:

Level 22 Pikachu

Level 22 Torracat

Ideally I want to give Alola Raichu a shot and Litten was the only starter I haven’t given a real try yet with this generation.

Currently my plan is to get a Mudbray on Route 4 and a Dewpider after the water trial stage.  After that, I’m thinking about rounding my team out with two of the following four Pokes: Mimikyu, Mawile, Hawlucha, or Kommo-o.

I wouldn't go for Mawile because Mawile really isn't great without it's Mega Stone which I believe is post game in US/UM. Mimikyu is fantastic (I believe the TM for Swords Dance is in the Malie City Pokemon Center so you should pick that up if you want to use Mimikyu so you can start with Swords Dance using up your one turn for Disguise), and so are Kommo-o and Hawlucha. Mawile isn't a bad Pokemon though and do whatever you want, but it's a lot more usable with it's Mega Stone. It's a force to be reckoned with when you get it's Mega Stone

Edited by CyanideFishbone

So, has anyone besides myself played through Gold or Silver? I've started playing Gold a couple weeks ago and recently got all the Johto and Kanto badges. Now I have to make preparations for my fight with Red, catch the legendary trio, and catch Lugia as well...at least after I'm not preoccupied with Crystal, which comes to the eshop the very next week.

And of course, here's my Gold team at this point:

Meganium level 48
Noctowl level 48
Heracross level 48
Ampharos level 48
Aipom level 48
Lapras level 48

23 hours ago, Steel Skeet said:

So, has anyone besides myself played through Gold or Silver? I've started playing Gold a couple weeks ago and recently got all the Johto and Kanto badges. Now I have to make preparations for my fight with Red, catch the legendary trio, and catch Lugia as well...at least after I'm not preoccupied with Crystal, which comes to the eshop the very next week.

And of course, here's my Gold team at this point:

Meganium level 48
Noctowl level 48
Heracross level 48
Ampharos level 48
Aipom level 48
Lapras level 48

I played through Silver twice and I have the remake now, I just haven't found time to play it yet.