• Advertisement

Cars 3

WhoBibbles

Yeah, like or not, it's happening. Honestly judging by the teaser, It doesn't look bad. It definitely feels more mature, which was lacking in Cars 2, plus that was more of a Mater movie anyway (Cars 2 is still a guilty pleasure). I really liked Cars, so hopefully this will be the worthy of the sequel, hopefully Pixar realied their mistake with Cars 2 and made this one. Thoughts?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Hopefully, THIS time the "Cars" staff will REMEMBER to put in Gary Neuman's "Cars" in the movie/soundtrack, because HOW can you have a "Cars" movie without Gary Neuman's "Cars?!" o.o That just really baffles me, in my honest opinion.

I doubt that a cold new wave song fits well with a kiddie animated action movie about talking cars, but okay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Hopefully, THIS time the "Cars" staff will REMEMBER to put in Gary Neuman's "Cars" in the movie/soundtrack, because HOW can you have a "Cars" movie without Gary Neuman's "Cars?!" o.o That just really baffles me, in my honest opinion.

That'll be saved for its edgy sequel.

• Like 2

Started a little slow, but it morphing into Cruz Ramirez's story makes it the best film in the franchise. 

It pays a lot of respect to Doc Hudson and brings the story full circle.

Lightning finally felt like a fully realized character.

But if this was the last one, not enough Mater shenanigans. Which means we need a Cars 4 Mater action movie where he faces off against talking UFO's abducting tractors.

I personally enjoyed it. Not one of their best just middle of the road pixar tier with Good Dinosaur and Cars 1.

Maybe I need to see it in a less crowded audience where they don't loudly applause when Cruz flips over Storm lmao.

10 hours ago, GullahOfficial said:

I personally enjoyed it. Not one of their best just middle of the road pixar tier with Good Dinosaur and Cars 1.

Hehe car puns.

Yeah count me as someone who considered this to be okay as well.  Hayden said it best that this movie got A LOT better once they turned the focus of the story towards Cruz Ramirez.  Wish they did it a lot sooner to get through the sluggishness of the first act.  Because the movie picks it up a higher gear (hehe car puns) from that point onward and got me fully invested.  

I also think this made the franchise come around full circle with Lightning becoming a mentor figure just like Doc was to him, but I still don't find him that interesting and cements himself as Pixar's least interesting franchise lead.

Overall, put me down for a 6/10.  I don't think we need anymore Cars movies after this one and the franchise will still make plenty of money off merchandising alone.  But this at least gets the bad taste of Cars 2 out of my mouth.

• Like 1