• Advertisement

Texting vs. Phone Call vs. Video Chat

E.V.I.L.

Text vs Phone Call vs Skype  

6 members have voted

1. 1. The title lmao

I generally prefer texting personally, just because having the time to think about what I want to say is much more helpful and I would say I'm one of the more entertaining and easy to text people out there. However, I do hate text's emotional ambiguity so I also really appreciate video chatting, but I tend to only video chat people who are close and special to me.

That being said, I also freaking love video chat and actually prefer video chat to text with one person. Video chat is a life saver I've found since some people just don't try when they text and it can get pretty draining and at that point its easier to j just call. Phone calls however I hate--you can't see their face and that's weird to me.

Edit: damn this is supposed to go in Goo Lagoon isnt it

Yeah I prefer texting as well because I can think about what I have to say before I say it. For the "emotional ambiguity" though, that's why I include emojis sometimes since they can convey different emotions :P  Phone calls can get too awkward, especially since some people I talk to are very chatty and I'm the opposite haha

I've used FaceTime before but when it comes to face-to-face interaction, I'd rather do that in person as opposed to video chat. I'm just weird like that :Laugh: 

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

texting/chatting is the best because you have so much time to think what you'll say to someone. I've never done video chat and I don't know if I want to. Phone calls are lame because I don't like my phone bill to rise if I have to call someone and talking to someone on phone feels weird because you can't express what you feel so well and it can be awkward.