• Advertisement

NFL 2016 Season Topic

Clappy

Better late than not having one at all this season, right? ...oh well, I've been noticing all the talk in the chat box about sports lately so why not make a topic about it especially since we had one the previous years.

Some brief thoughts about this season so far:

-The New England Patriots look as unstoppable as ever and have to be the AFC favorites at this rate, although it wouldn't surprise me if they have one or two more off games because they usually do every year.

-The AFC West is definitely the best division in football and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the two wild card teams both come from that division amongst the Broncos/Raiders/Chiefs tandem.  Hell I wouldn't rule out the last place 3-5 Chargers either since most of their losses came in close contests against good teams.

-LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys but they are the best team in the NFC right now.  I still don't buy them as the favorites to go to the Super Bowl though.  The only legitimate opponents they've played that are any good are the Eagles and the broken down Packers.  Still like the Seahawks as of right now.

-I'm glad my Eagles are doing better than expected.  They have a very bright future if they fix their obvious holes at WR, RB, offensive live, and their secondary.

-Wouldn't surprise me if the Cleveland Browns go 0-16.  But at least they are losing with a grand plan in motion to actually commit to rebuilding.

- New England is the Super Bowl favorite until proven otherwise. I think the gap between them and the second best team is just that big right now.

- NFC Least East is really competitive so far, although it seems like it'll come down to the Eagles and Cowboys it looks like.

- Will Pittsburgh please stop losing these road games to terrible teams like Miami? It's hard to feel good about them in times like these.

- The Raiders being competitive for the first time in my adult life is fun. Hoping they look good under the prime time lights these next few weeks.

- The Vikings Offensive Line has gotten bad these last few weeks. Really bad. (sorry trophy)

• Like 1

Thank fucking god Norv resigned. He's the most predictable play caller in the game, and he always was with San Diego. Doesn't fucking know how to fit a goddamn personnel for his life. Too bad literally the last of our cap was spent on Jake Long, while our one OL that was drafted was pretty much a "screw it why not" pick and we knew it from the start. Berger and Fusco have been notably less bad, Boone is really just there sometimes, and oh lord don't get me started on Clemmings. The defense just looked gassed this past week, but Cutler always kills us in Soldier. I'm just petrified of what Stafford is gonna do since our DLine has been really mediocre coming out of the bye as well. Ugh, bye weeks, gotta hate em because they're the perfect mojo killer but they're still needed for injuries to heal.

8 hours ago, JCM said:

The Panthers will win the NFC again. You heard it here first.

Not unless your defense gets it together and your O-line actually protects your egotistical QB.

Week 9 thoughts:

- Score doesn't say it, but that loss to the Ravens was absolutely deflating. All around bad game from Ben looking out of sorts to Bell getting nowhere fast to the blocked punt. Bad timing for the Cowboys to come to Heinz Field. So much bad.

- I can't remember the last time the Packers looked so ordinary in the Aaron Rodgers era. This is by no means an indictment on Rodgers alone (I mean the lead running back rn is a converted WR) but at this rate, we're looking at Aaron Rodgers missing the playoffs for the second time in his starting career perhaps.

- I think it may still be too late for Carolina to recover from the 1-5 start, but they're back on track enough for me to keep the fork out of them for the time being. On the other hand, stick it in the Rams. May as well start Goff and see what you have in him.

- If they weren't already, it's safe to say the Raiders are back after a rather dominant win on SNF over Denver. Most encouraging for them has to be the running game gashing the Broncos for 3 touchdowns and out possessing them by a near 2-1 ratio. At 7-2, you gotta think Raiders are on track for at least a playoff berth if not a division title.

Everything besides Blair in that Lions game is so easily fixable, it just feels like they're not playing with full heart after the bye week or something on defense and it was summed up in that last drive, and the one which lasted nearly 10 minutes giving our OC little to no time to adjust anything in the 2nd quarter. I really do think they can turn it around considering Stafford's a great QB so it's to be expected, also Cutler in Soldier Field is still our uncharacteristic guaranteed death slot. :S