• Advertisement

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Turo

here's a topic for you guys to talk about this crazy show. I can't express myself how much I loved season 1 so much but I also felt concerned about how are they gonna continue but season 2 premiere was aired and the show continues to surprise me with it's storylines, humor, musical numbers and it's themes. I'm really optimistic for rest of season 2 now.

Discuss how are you feeling about this show.

"When Will Josh See How Cool I Am?" blew me away.

The sheer amount of S1 continuity and callbacks weren't even the tip of the iceberg.

The fun ping pong set-up. Dinosaur shaped donuts. Basically every White Josh line. Greg and Rebecca's conversation by a DUCK POND. That development leading Rebecca to speak truthfully to Josh at the end. (Even if she's cray cray to not like videogames)

"Greg's Drinking Song" and "Ping Pong Girl" are also definite priorities for my Season 2 top 10 list.

Triangle music number for next week looks like it'll bring out more of unlikeable Rebecca and not really have the tune I'm looking for, but maybe next week's other song will join into Season 2 contention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayden said:

"When Will Josh See How Cool I Am?" blew me away.

The sheer amount of S1 continuity and callbacks weren't even the tip of the iceberg.

The fun ping pong set-up. Dinosaur shaped donuts. Basically every White Josh line. Greg and Rebecca's conversation by a DUCK POND. That development leading Rebecca to speak truthfully to Josh at the end. (Even if she's cray cray to not like videogames)

"Greg's Drinking Song" and "Ping Pong Girl" are also definite priorities for my Season 2 top 10 list.

Triangle music number for next week looks like it'll bring out more of unlikeable Rebecca and not really have the tune I'm looking for, but maybe next week's other song will join into Season 2 contention.

I agree. The episode was just fantastic. Already one of my favorites of the show. I actually almost teared up at Greg and Rebecca's talk at the duck pond. And songs were just marvelous, 3 of them are fantastic but Greg's Drinking Song was just <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

• Like 1

wow, just wow. All Signs to Josh... Or Is It Josh's Friend was just heartbreaking. I mean I kind of expected that to happen but it hit me so badly and that cliffhanger was just woah. I literally felt empty inside after watching this. It was very funny for sure and the musical numbers were so amazing (Period Sex ended so shortly tho but it was hilarious) but the drama in this episode felt so real and not cheesy, I legit feel bad :( 

I'm not sure how the series will lead to but I'm excited. We got 2 marvelous episodes in a row and this is by far my favorite episode of the series.

• Like 1

I didn't expect things with Greg to move so fast, but I am pleased to see karma hit Rebecca fast so that the next 10 episodes can venture into new areas.

Paula should get an abortion, but I don't know if that's in CEG's handbook.

The Math of Love Triangles was a much better song than the promos made it look, mainly because Rebecca's baby voice bullshit was countered by the chorus of men and a lot of puns.  Period Sex was the perfect brief and abrupt song to play before Josh dumped her. Greg getting his own sign being what ruined Rebecca's fairytale moment was also strong irony.

Next Week: A Make-y Makeover

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hayden said:

I didn't expect things with Greg to move so fast, but I am pleased to see karma hit Rebecca fast so that the next 10 episodes can venture into new areas.

Paula should get an abortion, but I don't know if that's in CEG's handbook.

The Math of Love Triangles was a much better song than the promos made it look, mainly because Rebecca's baby voice bullshit was countered by the chorus of men and a lot of puns.  Period Sex was the perfect brief and abrupt song to play before Josh dumped her. Greg getting his own sign being what ruined Rebecca's fairytale moment was also strong irony.

Next Week: A Make-y Makeover

Forgot to mention this but after Josh broke up with her, Stupid Little Bitch was played instrumentially and that made things even more heartbreaking.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss Greg, but at the same time I'm okay with this. Greg needs to grow and develop and he can't do that if he stays in West Covina right now. I thought this was a pretty good send-off for him.

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

Don't get me wrong, I will miss Greg, but at the same time I'm okay with this. Greg needs to grow and develop and he can't do that if he stays in West Covina right now. I thought this was a pretty good send-off for him.

True tho. I haven't ssen the new ep yet but Greg needs to get his life back together, so does Rebecca. I'll miss Greg so much.

Heather moving in with Rebecca, Rebecca/Valencia continuing their bonding development, etc. all seem like fine places to take Season 2. Especially if Heather starts getting a lion's share of the songs. But I'll be devastated if this show is cancelled and we don't see Greg in a Season 3 or Season 4. Andrew has some big shoes to fill.

Other Couples Separated By an Airport Escalator in 2016:

(smirk)

Can we also talk about how much of a crappy friend Rebecca has been to Paula lately? She blew off writing the recommendation letter for law school and now this ep she's whining about her boy problems while Paula just had an abortion. I know that Rebecca didn't know about that, and I feel bad that Paula somehow felt like she couldn't confide in her best friend about it. I hope later on this season Paula calls out Rebecca.

But yeah I'm also looking forward to Heather and Rebecca living together and Rebecca/Valencia bonding next episode.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Katniss said:

Can we also talk about how much of a crappy friend Rebecca has been to Paula lately? She blew off writing the recommendation letter for law school and now this ep she's whining about her boy problems while Paula just had an abortion. I know that Rebecca didn't know about that, and I feel bad that Paula somehow felt like she couldn't confide in her best friend about it. I hope later on this season Paula calls out Rebecca.

But yeah I'm also looking forward to Heather and Rebecca living together and Rebecca/Valencia bonding next episode.

I noticed how has been with Rebecca and Paula since first episode of this season and I agree and I feel like we'll get that more this season, although Rebecca asked Paula how she's feeling but Paula didn't tell her what's going on. I think it's just that both haven't been good friends to each other and hope for get more stories that this season. Also I finally watched the last episode and this show continues to broke me and make me laugh. I'm so impressed with this season so far and hopefully it'll stay strong. Valencia/Rebecca episode this week YAY :squilliam2: 

Yeah, I have to agree with a lot of people that Why is Josh's Ex-Girlfriend Eating Carbs wasn't really strong and did not live up to qualities of first four episodes of this season but it was still very good. Rebecca and Valencia's relationship gets more development and I'm glad Valencia enjoys Rebecca now. The humor was great as usual, I laughed at their shenanigans, as well as other characters. Heather continues to be so funny and she might become my favorite character of the show if her humor continues to be so strong I enjoyed Paula's subplot with her new friend now. Speaking of that, I'm glad the show's noticing more of Rebecca and Paula's on and off friendship and I can't wait to get more invested in that story arc. And i'm glad the episode focused more on White Josh and Darryl's relationship and they got nice development. Perhsps if there's one issue I can say is that Rebecca got on new nerves a few times but aside from that, I enjoyed this one, even if it wasn't as strong as other episodes of this season.

Grade: B+