• Advertisement

Logan (last Wolverine movie ;_;)

Turo

22 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

aaaaand the timeline of these movies continues to be further fucked. 

The movie itself looks fantastic though. Stoked to get what finally looks like a great solo Wolverine movie.

Days of Future Past spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

Spoiler

It's interesting how Logan managed to save mutants from Sentinals, yet the mutants, except him and Professor, are dead in this new timeline. Although it gives me this question. How did they manage to extintic? Hopefully the movie will give us that answer.

Yeah I'm getting very very tired of all this timeline hopping.  Is it too much to ask for a focused cohesive X-Men universe?

But yeah I'm with the general public that this was a great trailer.  I hope this is a sign that this will be a good solo Wolverine film.  Also I would like to point out that this is not only Hugh Jackman's last movie but this is also Patrick Stewart's too.

Oh and I highly doubt that this will be the last "Wolverine".  I would not be surprised at all if they recast the character five or ten years from now with a younger actor because studios love to reboot proven commodities.  Wolverine is the most well known character in the X-Men universe.  He won't be gone for long.

17 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Yeah I'm getting very very tired of all this timeline hopping.  Is it too much to ask for a focused cohesive X-Men universe?

But yeah I'm with the general public that this was a great trailer.  I hope this is a sign that this will be a good solo Wolverine film.  Also I would like to point out that this is not only Hugh Jackman's last movie but this is also Patrick Stewart's too.

Oh and I highly doubt that this will be the last "Wolverine".  I would not be surprised at all if they recast the character five or ten years from now with a younger actor because studios love to reboot proven commodities.  Wolverine is the most well known character in the X-Men universe.  He won't be gone for long.

If they recast Wolverine, I'll lost in humanity. Hugh Jackman must never be replaced :norton: 

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

If they recast Wolverine, I'll lost in humanity. Hugh Jackman must never be replaced :norton: 

They've recast everybody in this universe at one point or another, it's only a matter of time until we get a new Wolverine.  Especially with all of the sequels and alternate timelines they are teasing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce a new Wolverine in less than five years.

5 minutes ago, Clappy said:

They've recast everybody in this universe at one point or another, it's only a matter of time until we get a new Wolverine.  Especially with all of the sequels and alternate timelines they are teasing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce a new Wolverine in less than five years.

I won't give them my money (smirk) 

tbh

tU8LBOG.png

Please go see it! It's the Wolverine movie people have been waiting for years. It was epic, emotional, brutal and satisfying. I literally cried at the end of the movie, no joking. Superhero movies don't normally make me cry but this was way too powerful. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart, you two have served your roles for so many years. You two earned rest <3.

• Like 1

I literally just found out about this movie this week, and it's apparently X-Men's The Dark Knight? The only X-Men movie I've seen is Deadpool, but this looks promising.

2 minutes ago, JCM said:

I literally just found out about this movie this week, and it's apparently X-Men's The Dark Knight? The only X-Men movie I've seen is Deadpool, but this looks promising.

it was even better than Deadpool man. I personally thought it was the best superhero movie since The Dark Knight.

Finally saw this.  Honestly the X-Men franchise should stop with the Wolverine character.  Because they will never top this.  For as much as I enjoyed how different Deadpool was in comparison to the rest of the X-Men universe, Logan was a great reminder as to why Jackman's Wolverine portrayal is so iconic.  I am honestly struggling to find words to describe how much of an emotional punch to the gut this was from joyful excitement to just bleak dark and sadness.

Not picking on WhoBob because he isn't the only one who I've seen say this from my friends online and offline.  Best superhero movie since The Dark Knight?  Definitely not.  Not when you have an influx of superhero movies coming out every year that could hold this title.  Logan is great, but I can think of at least six or seven superhero movies off the top of my head (in no particular order) that are definitely better.  Hell one of them is even a X-Men movie:

-The Avengers

-Captain America: Winter Soldier

-The Dark Knight Rises

-X-Men: First Class

-Captain America: Civil War

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Batman v Superman...just kidding (smirk) 

But I really enjoyed this.  Much grittier than I thought it would be, even after watching all the trailers.  A completely justifiable and nearly perfect ending to the Wolverine character and Jackman's portrayal of him...until Fox desperately wants to retain the rights to the character away from the MCU machine and recast the role entirely if they can't convince Jackman to come back and do more movies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clappy said:

Not picking on WhoBob because he isn't the only one who I've seen say this from my friends online and offline.  Best superhero movie since The Dark Knight?  Definitely not.  Not when you have an influx of superhero movies coming out every year that could hold this title.  Logan is great, but I can think of at least six or seven superhero movies off the top of my head (in no particular order) that are definitely better.  Hell one of them is even a X-Men movie:

-The Avengers

-Captain America: Winter Soldier

-The Dark Knight Rises

-X-Men: First Class

-Captain America: Civil War

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Batman v Superman...just kidding (smirk) 

But I really enjoyed this.  Much grittier than I thought it would be, even after watching all the trailers.  A completely justifiable and nearly perfect ending to the Wolverine character and Jackman's portrayal of him...until Fox desperately wants to retain the rights to the character away from the MCU machine and recast the role entirely if they can't convince Jackman to come back and do more movies.

I mean don't get me wrong. Those movies you mentioned are all fantastic, except for B v S :sbgrin:

They all have unquie stuff to be more than just superhero movies and they are really fun movies to sit through but for me Logan gutpunched me like no superhero movies did before. It was a dark, bloody and depressing movie that knew how to be so compelling. Yeah a few more superhero movies did it too but for an R rated movie, it did it so perfectly (I love Watchmen tho but it wasnt the most amazing one for me) And this was such an bittersweet way to end Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart's legacy. It left me with tears man. Moreso than Guardians of the Galaxy, Days of Future Past and Big Hero 6. I get that I might sound like i'm overrating but that's how i felt about it. It was almost on par with The Dark Knight imo.

I finally saw this movie (mostly because I happened to be in the same room where my family was watching it) and was very pleased, if not surprised. I knew it was rated R, but I wasn't expecting it to be so gory and violent or hear Charles Xavier spouting the F-word every two sentences. I really liked seeing X-23 and enjoyed her character. I didn't enjoy it more than Deadpool, but it was still good.