• Advertisement

205b. Mermaid Pants

Jinjo

Rating?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Heroes: By the power of Neptune, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy...UNITE!
    • 4/5 Heroes: Underwater justice and fair play!
    • 3/5 Heroes: Although our foes were evil, their nutrition did not go to waste, Dr. Negative.
    • 2/5 Heroes: What!? I thought I had my house sponge and star-proofed!?
    • 1/5 Heroes: Never mind, it's just this idiot!

5AuLagx.jpg  

Premieres: 

Saturday, October 29th @ 10:30am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

SpongeBob and Patrick have fun playing as superheroes Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy until their sworn enemies arrive.

Clips:

1.) http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-squarepants-205b-clip.html

I'm looking forward to this one. Since we're sadly not going to get anymore official MM&BB episodes, this is the best solution we'll get to one, it seems. I am hoping we see Man Ray, Dirty Bubble, and some other obscure foes like Jumbo Shrimp and Atomic Flounder.

Edited by Pat Monahan
  • Like 1

Stuff revealed by the Whirly Brains credits:

Characters: SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Security Guard, Scallop, TV Announcer, Bathroom Fish, Female Customer

Songs: I Hate SpongeBob, I Hate Patrick (sung by Squidward), Mermaid Man Our Hero (sung by SpongeBob and Patrick)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDCB said:

Characters: SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Security Guard, Scallop, TV Announcer, Bathroom Fish, Female Customer

Songs: I Hate SpongeBob, I Hate Patrick (sung by Squidward), Mermaid Man Our Hero (sung by SpongeBob and Patrick)

Disappointed we won't be seeing any actual MM&BB villains, but this could still be interesting. Seems like this will basically be a roleplaying episode.

18 hours ago, CDCB said:

oh god 

• Like 2

There were some amusing parts, but ultimately I don't think this episode used its concept to the best potential, much like "Mutiny on the Krusty" earlier this month. I was glad the episode didn't turn into another Shuffleboarding at least. I guess it's cool to learn Mr. Krabs is secretly a comic nerd though. I think my biggest problem is the roleplay at the end felt anti-climatic, and could have used more time. Feels like they could have cut down the first half a bit, which dragged a bit in some areas. The Narrator was probably my favorite part at the beginning and end, along with the time cards (although admittedly those got repetitive).

Grade: B-

Edited by Hungry Larry
  • Like 2

This episode was disappointing and you can't convince me otherwise. No real supervillains? Alright, fine. Even without that expectation this episode still under-performed otherwise. Krabs a comic book geek most likely just for this episode? Fine. SpongeBob and Patrick riling up Squidward, alright, this is tame compared to other episodes but it just bothers me considering their reason to doing so. However, the way they did do it was a bit dragged out, not in actual episode time persay, but time that could've been spent on the plot later on as that wasn't built up well enough at all. Squidward himself has reasonable actions and a reasonable ending, but again, the ending feels off. The whole episode felt awkwardly misdirected if I had to say so. Maybe I'll come up with a better adjective later on, but I definitely don't think my opinion will change at least for a few years because I already feel pretty strong about this one just being mediocre. 6.5/10 for now. Might bump it up into a 7 if I really missed something to make it feel just less awkward as an episode. 

Couple of stuff bugged me a little. Not all jokes worked, SB grabbing stuff from Patrick's butt wasn't really a funny running gag to me and Mr. Krabs and Squidward getting hurt at some parts was eh. And Squidward went a bit far with frying SpongeBob and Patrick, even though I admit it worked for me, he really acted like a villain and that was really amusing. With all that being said, I really enjoyed it. I think what made me enjoy it so much is that the pacing was pretty fast and the episode just felt cartoony and it should be since this is supposed to be a silly superhero roleplay. The gags were pretty good. I really enjoyed narrator commenting on action sequences so bad. And Mr. Krabs as a comic geek? I loved it so much. That added more into Krabs and considering I'm a huge geek with a lot of comics books, I can relate to Mr. Krabs :P. What can I say more, the episode just kept me entertained so much, despite it's flaws. What I wanted was to have a good time and I did it with this episode. So I'm kind of going high with this one.

Grade: A-

Really great episode. Of course, the beginning kinda dragged it down by typical SpongeBob/Patrick annoy Squidward routine, but once Mr Krabs make an appearance, the episode starts to pick up. That is until we know that he's a comic book geek. That is when the episode got much interesting with the plot. I really enjoyed most of their acting as superheroes and villains. Especially Squidward as Doctor Negative, which suits his personality so well. Animation is still top notch, though not as much as Whirlybrains. I'll say it's a tad better than that episode, at least imo. 9/10

I liked the role-playing and the funny expressions, but I dunno, something about Johnny narrating the "action" cards didn't work. I think part of the humor was that the cards used to be played straight, but now that they're narrated it draws more attention to 'em and that vibe is lost. Ah well, still have high hopes for this season.

• Like 3

While it wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, it was still enjoyable. I liked how Mr. Krabs turned out to be a comic book nerd and that he wanted to join in SpongeBob and Patrick's game. My fav was how Squidward got really into it, "No, Mr. Bob, I expect you to fry." I sorta wish they would play with SpongeBob and Patrick more often