• Advertisement

Hooky 2: The Fisherman Returns

Jinjo

thefisherman2.jpg

Greetings one and all. To those who remember last year's popular Hooky game at Octerror Fest, that's right...a certain old cold-blooded madman has returned! :o If you never played it last year, this will be a fun experience for you. Last year, SOF, roleplaying as Squidward, turned out to be a murderer, who was defeated by TheOpenWindowManiac, as Alfred the Lightbulb, the last-standing sheriff. Now, what's happening this time? Let's find out...

Late last night, a group of Bikini Bottomites headed to a mansion for a party, all invited by wealthy businessfish Howard Blandy. However, tragedy struck. Before the party could begin...Howard was found mysteriously murdered, with a hook in his body! The guests all panicked, and the only thing they could find was a note attached to the hook, saying...

"The Fisherman is back from the dead. And you're all going to die again."

Gameplay:

1.) Each night, there will be a puzzle or challenge for you to solve (the first one will be October 17th at 7:00pm EST). The top 2 people to complete it first will be saved from being killed by The Fisherman (unlike last year where it was just whoever came in first). The Fisherman will then tell me in private who they wish to kill off (but there are some possible ways around that, keep reading).

2.) There are four different groups: Innocent, SheriffFisherman, and Dead. Innocent means you are not the killer, and can help the sheriff find out who they are. The Sheriff is the good cop, who will have a gun they can use to shoot the killer if they know who it is. However, if the sheriff dies, someone will need to quickly take their gun (the Fisherman cannot). If you think you know the killer's identity, you can tell the active sheriff, who can shoot at anytime. However, if the sheriff shoots the wrong person, the sheriff dies too, as a forewarning. The Fisherman is the antagonist of the game, a cold-blooded murderer who will pick you off one by one. If you become the Fisherman, obviously I wouldn't tell anybody it is you. Finally, Dead is the group you go into if you die in the game. Unlike last year however, there may be a way to come back... (keep reading below) 

Here are temporary badges you will have during the game, which will help identify who is playing and what group they are in:

vYraMQS.png - Alive: This user is still alive.

9S8KiMQ.png - Dead: This user was killed by The Fisherman.

ZrqpDwh.png - Sheriff: This user is the current sheriff (note: OWM kept this badge for winning last year, just in case this confuses people)

3.) To sign-up, just simply choose a SpongeBob character to roleplay as. You can be any SpongeBob character (except for Howard Blandy, who died). When a challenge is not going on, you can roleplay as the character you chose in this topic for fun.

4.) A new addition to this year's game is there is a power-up store (see below in this post). You can post in this topic or tell me in private if you would like to buy the items listed.

5.) Obviously, if you are The Fisherman, don't tell anyone else...duh. :P 

Power-Up Store (open):

Spoiler

Identifier (500 doubloons): Will you show you one random innocent user (one-time use).

Handcuffs (1,000 doubloons): Allows the sheriff to put someone in handcuffs, preventing them from playing in a round. (one-time use) Only an active sheriff can buy this.

Bulletproof Vest (3,000 doubloons): Allows you to survive being killed by The Fisherman or shot by the sheriff. Tip: This item would be very useful for both the sheriff and Fisherman. (can be bought up to three times in the entire game; if nobody kills you that night when you use it, you still keep it)

Elixir of Life (7,000 doubloons): Allows you to revive one previously killed off player in the game of your choice. (one-time use for both the buyer and the person being revived; note that I will only allow this to be used by at least 7 people, or else the game would be cluttered)

Prizes:

The overall winner (aka the last man standing, whether it be a killer or sheriff) will receive...

-5,000 doubloons

-An exclusive badge (can either be the sheriff badge or The Fisherman badge)

-The Fisherman Coat and Fisherman Hat iFish items. 

Also, for each individual round you win, you can earn your side a point on the Octerror Fest scoreboard. Everyone can play in this, so you can represent the "Independent" side if you do not wish to be on a team. :) 

That's all, if you have any other further questions, let me know. Just sign-up below in the topic, by claiming a SpongeBob character. The deadline to sign-up is Monday, October 17th at 5:00pm EST, and the first round will be October 17th at 7:00pm EST. I will PM you your roles in-between those times.

Contestants:

1.) OBAB - Plankton

2.) Tyeam - Dennis

3.) SOF - Norton

4.) Spongetron - Spongetron

5.) Fred Rechid - Halloween Boy from Scaredy Pants

6.) Hayden - Junior the Scallop

7.) SpongeBob's #1 Fan - SpongeBob

8.) Sandy - Sandy

9.) BenPaz - Slimy Trash Can Creature

10.) Trophy - Clamu

11.) Zaid - Gil Hammerstein

12.) CDCB - Karen

Edited by Hungry Larry

Reminder: Tomorrow at 5pm EST is the deadline to sign-up for this game, and the first round will begin the same day at 7pm EST.

While waiting, you can also roleplay as the character you chose in this topic, if you wish (it could be from about who the murderer is to anything random).

Edited by Hungry Larry

Reminder: Today at 5pm EST is the deadline to sign-up for the game. After that, I will PM all contestants their roles shortly after. Then, the first round will be tonight at 7pm EST. It is okay if you cannot make it, but do note The Fisherman can still kill you off.

Also, the power-up store will open at 5pm as well, so if you want to buy anything from that, feel free to post here or tell me when it is time.

Edited by Hungry Larry

Alright, I have sent out the roles. Feel free to buy something from the store, and roleplay as your character while waiting. The first challenge is tonight at 7 PM EST, so be prepared.

Edited by Hungry Larry