• Advertisement

Lion King is getting a live action re-make

BenPaz

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-jon-favreau-the-lion-king/

My Thoughts:

And I'm about to end my (practically non-existent) support of live action Disney remakes. Also if Alice in Wonderland hadn't been released we wouldn't have gone this far. Not to mention how is Lion King supposed to work in half live action?

I don't even know what to say. It's not the idea of a remake itself that bothers me that much, but changing it to a live action adaptation could lead to some oddities. For example, what if they decide to use CGI on the characters? And if they're actual animals, they could still mess up on the special effects or something.

This may not always happen, and, heck, this remake could be fantastic, but I'm still skeptical.

I've heard great things about The Jungle Book, Pete's Dragon and Cindrella but really? Already a perfect animated movie needs a live-action adaptation? This is just for money and I don't see how this could even be as great as original. Even if it is a great movie, sorry but gimme the animation one. I have no desire to check this movie out, sorry.

• Like 1

I feel this is something that's waiting to happen. I don't really know what to expect since this is an adaptation of a movie with a cast of characters dominated by animals. So, I'm pretty sure it could basically be a live-action movie with photo-realistic computer-generated characters.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Yes this is an obvious cash in on a trend that's making Disney a ton of money.  Yes this has the  potential to be really bad.  There are so many things that could go wrong with this and I agree with all of it.....

...but weren't we saying all of this just recently with The Jungle Book adaptation?  The same exact team from the screenwriters to Jon Favreau as director.  I was incredibly negative about how that was going to turn out and was proven wrong in such a huge way.  I don't know guys, I'm excited about this and think it's going to turn out well if it all works out the way The Jungle Book did.