• Advertisement

The Simpsons

70s

Hmm, no comments from me yet.

The Simpsons...idk. I respect the hell out of this show for everything it's accomplished. Without The Simpsons, there wouldn't be half the comedies there are today. It's been that big of a game changer.

As for me? I think it's good. I don't think I'll ever be a major fan or consider it as one of my personal favorites of all time though and sing it's praises. It's an amusing show that I like to watch time to time. But it has definitely gone downhill for the past 8-10 years (to me at least). Hopefully Matt Groening can find a proper way to end this some day real soon because while it's not getting to be as hard to watch as Family Guy, it's become frustrating to watch.

• Like 1

Hmm, no comments from me yet.

The Simpsons...idk. I respect the hell out of this show for everything it's accomplished. Without The Simpsons, there wouldn't be half the comedies there are today. It's been that big of a game changer.

As for me? I think it's good. I don't think I'll ever be a major fan or consider it as one of my personal favorites of all time though and sing it's praises. It's an amusing show that I like to watch time to time. But it has definitely gone downhill for the past 8-10 years (to me at least). Hopefully Matt Groening can find a proper way to end this some day real soon because while it's not getting to be as hard to watch as Family Guy, it's become frustrating to watch.

Have you heard that if the Simpsons ended, it would end on a infinite loop? Like, it would end right before the first episode. 

...Please elaborate, I don't...understand.

There's a popular ending theory that's been floating around the Internet for a while that's basically saying the Simpsons end up racing home to watch Itchy and Scratchy and the way they get home is just the opening of the show. Or there's another one that I don't know about that literally ends right before the first episode ever begins, which wouldn't make sense. 

Yeah, they get the dog in the first episode so they'd have to think of something pretty intricate to make that happen.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in a few years, so I'm a little less animated about the news of Shearer leaving than I normally would be. I kind of saw it coming for a while, as his performances got more phoned-in with time (not to mention his age being a factor), but I don't know who they're going to get at this point to replace him.

There's a popular ending theory that's been floating around the Internet for a while that's basically saying the Simpsons end up racing home to watch Itchy and Scratchy and the way they get home is just the opening of the show. Or there's another one that I don't know about that literally ends right before the first episode ever begins, which wouldn't make sense. 

Yeah...I hope that isn't true.

Yeah, they get the dog in the first episode so they'd have to think of something pretty intricate to make that happen.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in a few years, so I'm a little less animated about the news of Shearer leaving than I normally would be. I kind of saw it coming for a while, as his performances got more phoned-in with time (not to mention his age being a factor), but I don't know who they're going to get at this point to replace him.

Actually, that was only the first episode aired. The original first episode got delayed and turned into the season finale because the producers were unsatisfied with how it originally turned out.

Actually, that was only the first episode aired. The original first episode got delayed and turned into the season finale because the producers were unsatisfied with how it originally turned out.

Yeah, that's right. I'm just saying for the purposes of coming back to the first episode, they would need to pull some serious strings. In a series as long-running as The Simpsons, I don't really think it could happen, at least not very well.