• Advertisement

The Simpsons

70s

Wait, what good's a theory if there's no chance that it's true?

Uh. Enjoyment? It's essentially fanfiction. Why would you write fanfiction if there's no chance of that being real? Why do we have an entire section of this forum dedicated to spin-offs if there's no chance anything will ever come of any of them?

• Like 1

Uh. Enjoyment? It's essentially fanfiction. Why would you write fanfiction if there's no chance of that being real? Why do we have an entire section of this forum dedicated to spin-offs if there's no chance anything will ever come of any of them?

I've never heard of fan theories intended to be fictional before. Not ever.

And for the record, I write fanfiction that I know will never be real. I don't even care because...it's fiction. It's real enough to me.

I've never heard of fan theories intended to be fictional before. Not ever.

...They're... All fictional? Nobody actually thinks the Ed, Edd N' Eddy purgatory theory is actually plausible, or that the "Rugrats are all figments of Angellica's imagination because they're ALL DEAD WOO SPOOKY" theories are real- they're fictional explanations that are often creepy, but they're like tall tales. People tell them, but in the back of their minds, everyone knows they're not real. They're too ridiculous.
  • Like 1

...They're... All fictional? Nobody actually thinks the Ed, Edd N' Eddy purgatory theory is actually plausible, or that the "Rugrats are all figments of Angellica's imagination because they're ALL DEAD WOO SPOOKY" theories are real- they're fictional explanations that are often creepy, but they're like tall tales. People tell them, but in the back of their minds, everyone knows they're not real. They're too ridiculous.

I agree. I find a majority of cartoon theories completely ridiculous. 

You think those are bad? I actually know some people who believe that Hey Arnold was a coma dream. Fan theories like that are completely stupid.

But let's get back on topic, people.

Never heard of those. I don't look up cartoon theories at all. I was raised on the idea that an entertainment-related theory had to be a plausible idea with supporting evidence from the entertainment in question from watching Game Theory videos. Beyond that...yeah. I don't want to derail this thread, so...

*zips mouth*

As I've told people I've chatted with about this tonight, I bet this is only going to last one episode...maybe two or three if they decide to make this into a multi-episode arch.

• Like 1

So apparently Marge and Homer are splitting next season…..

That's stupid. The core of their marriage is that they don't bail on each other. Both of them have had better opportunities in the past but they stick with each other because they love each other more than anyone, no matter how ridiculous or dysfunctional they are as a couple. I don't buy that Homer would fall in love with another woman or that Marge wouldn't stick by Homer unless he did something so unforgivingly and obnoxiously stupid (like when he bought an RV and had all of his new RV friends stay in their yard and constantly ignored literally everything Marge tried to tell him - but even then they didn't get separated because they don't get separated). When Lovejoy told them that their remarriage was technically not a legal marriage Homer went through actual torture so he could remarry Marge. A character with that much love and devotion needs to be totally tampered with in order to accept a separation (which I guess the writers are doing, since they're just making up a new character trait for him just for this).

Stupid.

• Like 8

So apparently Marge and Homer are splitting next season…..

Hmm...what does this remind me of...

This is just bait to bring back viewers for a short while, nothing more. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

As I've told people I've chatted with about this tonight, I bet this is only going to last one episode...maybe two or three if they decide to make this into a multi-episode arch.

i hope it's not an arc

The struggle for relevancy continues...

Seriously. They're doing a Boyhood-homage this season too. I don't mind cartoons staying relevant if the point of them is to stay relevant (ie: South Park) but now it's just like a middle-aged suburban mom trying to stay hip by taking selfies and using emojis.

• Like 8

i hope it's not an arc

Well honestly it's either going to be a short lived arch ala Family Guy killing off Brian or the more believable option:

I smell a ratings trap episode...

This.  I mean this show is going on it's 27th season and hasn't taken any real risks in YEARS and has been going downhill for as long too.  I mean terminoob already explained it better than anyone else that I've seen talk about it.  What else is there to say because Homer and Marge's marriage has already gone through so much dysfunction, but the point of it is that Homer and Marge love each other and always will.  This separation concept isn't going to work unless the writers have a well crafted plan in place with this plot, which I highly doubt they do based off recent history with all the teasing of a major character dying last season only for it to be Krusty's father.  I mean hell, they already teased that Sideshow Bob is going to finally kill Bart this upcoming season, only for it to be revealed that it's going to take place in the next Treehouse of Horror.  Ratings trap is what this episode is going to be for sure because that's all The Simpsons have left.  Tease and underdeliver.  I would LOVE to be proven wrong and be given compelling programming, but I have little to no faith in the writers for The Simpsons anymore to do something to make this show interesting in a positive light again.

• Like 1