• Advertisement

The Ultimate Doubloon-Making Guide

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

Updated: February 12th, 2018.

Welcome to the Ultimate Doubloon-Making Guide! Prepare to be educated! :plankton:

First, we must start with the basics: doubloons are a virtual currency that we have on SBC. You can use doubloons to purchase virtual goods in the SBC Store (link in the navigation) or even, perhaps, a commission from someone. There are many things you can buy with doubloons such as clothing for your iFish or even King Neptune, which allows you to become supreme overlord of SBC for a day.

How do you get doubloons, you ask? Well, that's what this guide is all about! Below is a list of ways that you can earn doubloons on SBC.

1. The fun way: Chatting on Discord
You can rack up doubloons by joining our Discord server (the link is under "Things to Do" in the navigation at the top) and chatting. The Karen bot will keep up with how much you've earned, which can then redeem on here! It's certainly a fun way to earn doubloons

2. The fastest way: play games such as "SpongeBob Jeopardy", "SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune", and "Dunces & Dragons"
For the huge majority of these hour-long games, the winning prize is 2,000 doubloons and a badge. This is perhaps the easiest and most fun way to earn doubloons on SBC; however, there are only three opportunities a week and only one person in each game wins (in most games; some games will allow for multiple winners, so be on the lookout!). WOF also has prizes where you can win doubloons even if you do not win the game - the lowest prize being 100 doubloons. WOF is on Fridays at 7 PM ET, Jeopardy is on Saturdays at 7 PM ET, and Dunces & Dragons is on Sundays at 7 PM ET.

3. The normal way: posting on SBC!
For every post, you get 1 doubloon. For every topic, you get 2 doubloons. This changes if you are posting in the Spin-Off forum, where you get 10 doubloons for every post and 20 doubloons for every topic. Retired Employees have special undisclosed amounts (they're seeeeeecret), so if you're one of them, message me and I will tell you.

4. The cool way: jamming it up on SBC Music
For every like you get at the end of every song on SBC Music, you get a doubloon! How easy is that?

5. The game of luck: SBC's Lottery
The lottery is one of the easiest ways to gain doubloons. If you win, you get 500 doubloons! The way it works is that you pay for a lottery ticket in the SBC Store and, at 2 AM ET, the lottery is drawn. The person who has the closest number to a preselected random number is the winner! This means that there is usually a winner every day. For 10 doubloons a ticket and up to 5 entries a day, why not try?

6. Participating in forum events
SBC has forum events all the time that gives doubloons! Participate in them and you'll win doubloons.

7. The desperate way: volunteering for SBC
If you ask me if you could volunteer for doubloons, I will almost never say no. If you do some things for me, then I will surely give you doubloons in return! Depending on the task, I might give a good amount. Some things I might ask you to do is gather information on the newest SpongeBob episode or type a wiki article.

I hope this guide has been funducational. Now make some doubloons! :plankton2:

Edited by hilaryfan80
Added Discord

Guest hilaryfan80
2 hours ago, Ol Bold and Brash said:

Great guide :D

but also 

Posting and making a Spin Off and Lits topic

Posting gives you 10 doubloons

Making a topic in spin-off and lits gives you 20 doubloons 

These are also helpful :)

It's in the guide... lol...

5 hours ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

3. The normal way: posting on SBC!
For every post, you get 1 doubloon. For every topic, you get 2 doubloons. This changes if you are posting in the Spin-Off forum, where you get 10 doubloons for every post and 20 doubloons for every topic. Retired Employees have special undisclosed amounts (they're seeeeeecret), so if you're one of them, message me and I will tell you.

On 9/15/2016 at 9:37 AM, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

7. The desperate way: volunteering for SBC
If you ask me if you could volunteer for doubloons, I will almost never say no. If you do some things for me, then I will surely give you doubloons in return! Depending on the task, I might give a good amount. Some things I might ask you to do is gather information on the newest SpongeBob episode or type a wiki article.

I would actually like to do some things for you if that's okay ;)

Guest hilaryfan80
7 minutes ago, Sockie said:

Ok i joined this community bc of my passion for spongebob. Now that i have learnt of this currency system which really when it comes down to it seems like a form of social control i am very disturbed. This is not what spongebob fandom is about. Spongebob fandom is about capturing squirrells in the park and forcing them into space outfits before releasing them into the wild. Spongebob fandom is about creating an elaborate boat exterior to your car and then running over people to recreate your favourite episode. Spongebob fandom is about shipping squidward and mrkrabs in your hentai manga. Spongebob standom is not about accumulating doubloons to apeal to the oligarchy

The doubloons are just for fun. We don't treat currency seriously! :funny: