• Advertisement

087a. To Love a Patty

Steel Sponge

3.5/10

My rating for the episode has gone up a bit due to me watching the episode a couple weeks ago and me thinking it wasn't as bad as I remembered. It still sucks, but its not as bad as I once thought

To Love A Patty

Besides a few funny moments this episode isn't very good, but like most of season 5 there are a few redeeming features. I liked the song and the first 3-4 minutes were pretty funny, but when they reached the main plot the show sort of dragged on. The main problem I have with it is now I know the original idea for it (He falls in love with a Jellyfish instead of the burger) I can't help but think it would of made the episode a whole lot better. Spongebob destroying the clams was brutal to say the least but that wasn't the worst part. The disgusting close up was unnecessary and useless, it wasn't like Nasty Patty or any other disgusting close up of the burger it was worse, there were maggots in it 937406.png Anyway, it's not the worst of the season, or the best just somewhere in the middle. It did not deserve it's own DVD

Score: C+, 3.5/5, 6.5/10, Adequate

It's not too bad. And it's not as horrible as I thought it would be when I first saw it. But seeing SpongeBob act all lovey-dovey with someone (or something in this case) was actually pretty cute, especially with all the cute nicknames he kept giving Patty. Though, the only part I can't watch is the part where he's killing apart all the clams. That was very violent and brutal for someone like SpongeBob to do. But I loved the song he sang. I also didn't like the end where he ate the putrid patty which was disgusting after you get one last look at it.

Overall, not a bad episode, but not great either.

STUPID EPISODE! it's about spongebob falling in love with a frickin krabby patty and going on a date with it. A DATE WITH A ...... A DATE WITH A.... A DATE WITH A..... KRABBY PATTY??? SERIOUSLY??? WHAT??? thats beyond strange and abnormal, and for that spongebob needs to see a professional psychiatrist to fix his screwed up brain. just think about it for a second...spongebob comes into the krusty krab saying that he has a date with a lady, and Mr Krabs hopes she is rich, but then it's a krabby patty. dont get me wrong, it was fun to watch, but the concept of it was just so incredibly stupid that it was also more uncomfortable to watch than fun. i can understand patrick doing something like that, but spongebob??? even if patrick did it, i would have still hated the episode. i hated most episodes of spongebob after the movie, but this episode is too ridiculous and crosses the line.