• Advertisement

Tokyo 2020 Warming Up

Princess Peach

Guest hilaryfan80
14 hours ago, GullahOfficial said:

I hope they use One Piece next. That's as big of a Cultural icon for Japan. aka the highest selling manga of all time.

Yet they choose doraemon :stinkeye: @Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

I just threw up in my mouth. (smirk) Time to educate you!

Actually, Doraemon is the #1 culture icon of Japan. Doraemon is so unpopular in America, but it is widely popular in Japan. In fact, Doraemon beats Pikachu in popularity in Japan (I would actually say that the top three icons are Doraemon, Pikachu, and Hello Kitty, in that order). Doraemon has been around for more than 40 years in Japan. Doraemon himself was actually named as the official "anime ambassador" of Japan in 2008 because he is that popular. It makes perfect sense for Doraemon to be in that video since he is that big in Japan.

Just now, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Actually, Doraemon is the #1 culture icon of Japan. Doraemon is so unpopular in America, but it is widely popular in Japan. In fact, Doraemon beats Pikachu in popularity in Japan (I would actually say that the top three icons are Doraemon, Pikachu, and Hello Kitty, in that order). Doraemon has been around for more than 40 years in Japan. Doraemon himself was actually named as the official "anime ambassador" of Japan in 2008 because he is that popular. It makes perfect sense for Doraemon to be in that video since he is that big in Japan.

he also fucking sucks 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Well they should still have One Piece!