• Advertisement

Justice League

Clappy

It must be Comic Con this weekend with all the huge trailers being revealed.

I don't know how to feel about this one though.  I think I liked it, but I felt so much of the teaser trailer was a rehash of other superhero movies.  It's especially noticeable in the Bruce Wayne/Barry Allen interaction scene.  On the other hand, I like that it didn't take itself as seriously, which we all know was a huge complaint about Batman v Superman.

I really don't know how to feel about this tbh. It was just a teaser but it was really weird and it didn't hook me like Wonder Woman teaser. The change of tone from Batman v Superman really feels weird to me tbh, especially Bruce and Barry conversation was just awkward to me :/ And Cyborg's design, i dunnl. Maybe i'll get hooked once the first trailer gets released. Rn eh.

46 minutes ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

The change of tone from Batman v Superman really feels weird to me tbh

You didn't see it coming?  That was one of the main complaints of the movie was how dark the tone was.  It's the main reason Warner Brothers and DC decided to do a major upheaval in structure for future DC film releases...well also all the backlash the movie got in general lol.  If anything, the tone should be the last thing that feels weird because it was the most predictable format change that was coming.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

You didn't see it coming?  That was one of the main complaints of the movie was how dark the tone was.  It's the main reason Warner Brothers and DC decided to do a major upheaval in structure for future DC film releases...well also all the backlash the movie got in general lol.  If anything, the tone should be the last thing that feels weird because it was the most predictable format change that was coming.

I knew the news that they changed the tone before seeing the teaser :P 

I was just saying it felt so weird for me. I mean i don't think it's a bad idea, DC could use lightheartness but it could have been maybe less goofy for me :P. Lighthearted doesn't have to be really silly. But this is still teaser tho. My thoughts may change once I see the first trailer. Agree tho, tone is the last thing that should matter cuz dark superhero movies can be fantastic and some of my favorites are dark toned due to them having good stories and characters. :)

I'm liking everything except The Flash. His effects are cool but looks like they're making up their own character and just calling him Barry Allen, when they could've just made him Barry Allen.

Also still disappointed Green Lantern's not going to be in this one.

26 minutes ago, terminoob said:

I'm liking everything except The Flash. His effects are cool but looks like they're making up their own character and just calling him Barry Allen, when they could've just made him Barry Allen.

Also still disappointed Green Lantern's not going to be in this one.

I wasn't impressed by Flash either sadly

48 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Or they could have just casted Grant Gustin as Barry Allen:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/21/zack-snyder-grant-gustin-flash-justice-league

...still bitter that Snyder didn't even consider him.

Just now, Clappy said:

Or they could have just casted Grant Gustin as Barry Allen:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/21/zack-snyder-grant-gustin-flash-justice-league

...still bitter that Snyder didn't even consider him.

They could've, but the casting isn't my gripe. Even if they had cast Grant as Barry they would've had their own vision of how to handle the character and he more than likely wouldn't be the same as he is in the TV show (not to mention it'd complicate the show universe more, because we'd be wondering "why the hell is Barry calling Oliver to help with this when he could call Bruce or Clark" and other things along those lines). I'm willing to give Ezra Miller a chance because I think he's talented and I think he was a really weird and interesting choice that could very well pay off, but that scene with him just wasn't Barry Allen. It feels like they want to make him a Peter Parker-type.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terminoob said:

They could've, but the casting isn't my gripe. Even if they had cast Grant as Barry they would've had their own vision of how to handle the character and he more than likely wouldn't be the same as he is in the TV show (not to mention it'd complicate the show universe more, because we'd be wondering "why the hell is Barry calling Oliver to help with this when he could call Bruce or Clark" and other things along those lines). I'm willing to give Ezra Miller a chance because I think he's talented and I think he was a really weird and interesting choice that could very well pay off, but that scene with him just wasn't Barry Allen. It feels like they want to make him a Peter Parker-type.

Thank god I'm not the only one who feels that way. Bruce and Barry's interactions really reminded me of Tony and Peter in Civil War movie, not saying it's a stolen scene but Barry played a lot like Peter to me in the trailer as well, in an awkward way too. Hopefully that's the only scene of him acting that way.

tumblr_oawei4nm6M1qbs05go1_500.png 

Only reason to see this movie.

Rick: "Hey Morty, lets watch that idiot Justice League movie in 2017"

Morty: "But don't you hate superhero movies?"

Rick: "Yeah but we are in the movie, motherfucka"

Morty: "Only you and my bitch sister, not me"

Rick: "Well screw you, Morty. You are too nerdy to appear on a superhero movie anyway"

• Like 1

well this trailer was actually not badddddddddddddddddddddddd. I enjoyed it, even if coloring here felt lame and cgi was too obvious at times. I'm still keeping my expectations so low because despite the fact I enjoyed some parts of BvS, I'm still not trusting WB and Zack Snyder that this will turn out so well. Any thoughts?

I don't wanna higher my expectations but dear lord, there are some really good changes from this trailer. I guess these reshoots are gonna pay off. I love how everything looks so colorful, especially the use of red, which I prefer over a darker blue tone that Snyder kept using in his DC movies. A glimpse of a happy Superman in Lois' mind. Thank fucking god there's possibility this reborn Superman will be a symbol of hope again, instead of a whiny and too serious brat. I'm still not sold on Barry Allen Flash and I hope they don't go overboard with Aquaman being "coolbro", plus still some shitty costume but I think I'm sold by this trailer. Please don't disappoint me, Joss Whedon.

Yeah the new trailer was pretty solid, but I don't want to comment on that.  Because I've admittedly enjoyed all of the DCEU trailers (except for the first teaser of the Justice League as stated above) and the cinematic universe has only had one movie that I've liked so far.  What I do want to comment on is this:

Justice-League-SDCC-Poster.jpg?width=960

This is seriously one of the worst movie posters I've seen in a long time just on that tag line alone.  That tag line is a ridiculous contradiction of what these heroes have done already in previous films, hell even in the DCEU timeline of current movies.  HATE HATE HATE THIS POSTER.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

Yeah the new trailer was pretty solid, but I don't want to comment on that.  Because I've admittedly enjoyed all of the DCEU trailers (except for the first teaser of the Justice League as stated above) and the cinematic universe has only had one movie that I've liked so far.  What I do want to comment on is this:

Justice-League-SDCC-Poster.jpg?width=960

This is seriously one of the worst movie posters I've seen in a long time just on that tag line alone.  That tag line is a ridiculous contradiction of what these heroes have done already in previous films, hell even in the DCEU timeline of current movies.  HATE HATE HATE THIS POSTER.

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an implied "sometimes" at the beginning so I'm not seeing the big deal. What's more annoying is the "All In" tag line they're just haphazardly throwing in seems very forced imo. 

Maybe I'm just mad nothing will ever top the "Some Assembly Required" tag line from Avengers

9 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an implied "sometimes" at the beginning so I'm not seeing the big deal. What's more annoying is the "All In" tag line they're just haphazardly throwing in seems very forced imo. 

Maybe I'm just mad nothing will ever top the "Some Assembly Required" tag line from Avengers

Yeah I can't stand the "All In" either, but the whole "You Can't Save The World Alone" tagline is just so cringey.  Even if it is an implied "sometimes", it doesn't outright state it so I take it as is.

As you stated though, the Justice League movie was just thrown together so quickly and so rushed that this coming together just doesn't seem to have a full fan payoff to me yet.  If the movie turns out to be amazing, then maybe I'll look back on all this and laugh at how annoyed I was at the first trailer, the movie poster, the tag line and so forth.  But it's got a long uphill battle for me to think that this build has been worth the hype yet.

honestly not even the worst of 2017

Spoiler

lemmie roll this back for you

Theringpostere.jpg

okay, that's pretty cool

Ring two ver2.jpg

that's interesting, indeed

Rings - Official Theatrical Poster.png

lmao

but yeah that tagline's definitely high on the cheese factor. As someone who doesn't like Man of Steel, utterly loathes BvS, finds SS charming for all the wrong reasons, and thought Wonder Woman was kinda good (though not that good), I have pretty much no expectations.

Okay so who else has seen this?  Since I’m on mobile, I’m going to post spoiler free comments since there are no tags for it.

This is a step up from Batman v Superman without a doubt and a slight step up from Suicide Squad.  It’s definitely no Wonder Woman that’s for damn sure, so if you were thinking the DCEU is on the rise, slow it down because this movie kinda takes two steps back again.

Things I liked?  I liked seeing the characters interact.  It’s no Marvel in terms of entertaining hero v hero interaction, but it’s solid.  Batman and Wonder Woman still have the best chemistry of the bunch because Affleck and Gadot are good actors who still portray these characters pretty well.  Hell I think the rest of the Justice League does good work, which is saying something because I thought Ezra Miller would be a terrible Flash due to me thinking Ezra Miller is an obnoxious actor in general.  Jason Mamoa is good but I don’t think I’ll ever find Aquaman to be as badass as they want him to be...he’s still Aquaman, but that’s a prejudice that I just have to learn to accept haha.  The guy who played Cyborg is very good even though I keep forgetting the actors name.  He should be in more movies.

...for as much as I like these characters, the rest of the movie is just a fucking mess.  You can tell that BvS backlash just messed everything up production wise in order to make these movies more light hearted and fun.  Which it is but it’s at the expense of the story, the build up to this stage, and just everything feel absolutely rushed in order to make as much money as possible on the Justice League forming.  I knew this was going to happen the moment I saw Warner Brothers saying they were going to change the tone of these movies last year.  And yeah, this just feels thrown together because of it.  These guys should have come together at a slower pace and to fight a better villain because Steppenwolf was embarrassingly bad and will be incredibly forgettable.  The CGI work on him was an eye sore and he just did not feel like a villain worthy of facing the Justice League.  Let’s compare this to, what else, The Avengers.  That felt like a cause worthy of assembling The Avengers and watching them all together on the big screen for the first time felt like a freaking event.  With how iconic the Justice League is and these heroes are, it just did not feel like, eh why not work together to beat Steppenwolf?

I’m glad my expectations were lowered for this because I’m positive I would have hated this a lot more if they were super high.  Because as is, this is a 4/10 movie at  worst.  I think the seeds are there for this extended universe to move on the upswing at some point.  Warner Brothers was smart to make this a one, not two, part movie and delay the sequel for another four or five years.  That way, they can work on building the foundation for the rest of the DCEU so they can try this again once that sequel gets green-lighted and these characters get built up some more.  Because this phase just felt ridiculously rushed and hence why it’s big team up movie feels like such a mess.