• Advertisement

112b. Choir Boys

Sabre

I hated this episode. About 99% of the episode was Squid Abuse. I also really hated how annoying SpongeBob was. But, I did grin at the "singing traffic cop" joke.

Final score: 1/10

ivMYRnl.jpg

AAAH MY EYES

This episode is on my bottom 20. I hate this episode so much. This episode was very annoying, boring, badly-written and It had Squidward abuse. Thanks to SpongeBob, Squidward's best day ruined and he didn't even deserve it. SpongeBob's singing wasn't very annoying (It was a little irritating though) but throat-cleaning gag was so annoying. the humor in this episode was stupid and all characters, except Squidward are unlikeable in this episode. SpongeBob's cheeks are biggers again (ugggghhh, one of season 6's flaws) and SpongeBob's face when jellyfished pick him up was very disturbing and much worse than SpongeBob's creepy face in Boating Buddies. The ending was very terrible for Squidward because he had to turn the pages for the music sheets, while SpongeBob was singing at the concert and I really felt bad for him. This episode has a few postives too. I laughed at the part when SpongeBob pretented to be a singing traffic cop and even though SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode, he at least wanted Squidward to appear at the concert. That was nice but It's terrible, If Squidward has to turn the pages for the music sheets. I think Choir Men wanted Squidward to do this and not sing at the concert. So I hated Choir Men more than SpongeBob in this episode. Overall, this is one of the worst season 6 episodes ever and a good example of why season 6 is the worst season. Also this is the second worst Squidward abuse episode ever, the worst is still Squid's Visit. 1.5/10

I think this episode is good. It's not great, but more okay. I mostly got annoyed with the throat-clearing gag.

I don't see why people get made at the "squid abuse" thing, seeing as Squidward brought it upon himself (like in Professor Squidward) since he wanted to join a male choir but can't sing a note to save his life, and SpongeBob merely wanted to join as well, but unlike Squidward, has the voice of an angel. At least SpongeBob tried to help Squidward play some part in the choir, but his singing is not good enough for a choir.

• Confused 1

Gah, is this episode horrible. There's little to enjoy here; I can sort of see why some would find parts like the scene with Spongebob imitating a police officer to be sort of funny but I didn't laugh at anything here. Everything was so painfully slow at best. That's not this episode's sole flaw; let's get to some of the other reasons why this episode sucks. A majority of the episode is either Squidward (in the beginning) or Spongebob (for the rest of the goddamn episode) singing. It would be better... if their singing weren't so grating, especially Spongebob's. Past that, there's also the fact that the majority of the episode is Spongebob trying to sing to Squidward. And he's doing this why? Basically, it's just to hold Squidward up, because Squidward has to be at the men's choir to audition. There's one horrid scene in the middle of the episode where Spongebob finds Squidward trapped in a group of jellyfish, calls him a "captive audience", and proceeds to just stand there, singing poorly while Squidward is stung repeatedly. Aaron Springer's signature style of drawing Spongebob's cheeks in these seasons shows here, and it's just annoying. Hell, that word ("annoying") perfectly describes this mess of an episode. And what happens in the end? Squidward's spot on the choir is taken by Spongebob, who allegedly sings "beautifully" (despite how horrid that face he made just before, pictured in an above post, was). Squidward is therefore left to turn pages for Spongebob. It's just another terrible addition to this already sucky episode. I'd most definitely put this in my bottom 10, because holy crap, did this episode suck.

FINAL RATING: 1/10 (TERRIBLE episode)