• Advertisement

104b. Gone

storytime7

awesome episode 10/10. ya they were rude at the end. they took advantage of spongebob's stupidity by telling him they built a sculpture of him out of wood and then burned it down to ashes saying it was a "dedication to him" which they obviously knew would make him happy but a normal person would not be that stupid and would not be happy about it at all. spongebob is so stupid he doesn't get the hint when mr krabs tells him "we burn to the ground and stomp on the ashes like there is no tomorrow" meaning that they all hate him because if they didn't then they would have kept it up and not burned it down. burning it down means they all hate him because it is like burning spongebob only it is not the real him. so they were taking advantage of his stupidity and i didn't like that. but even though mr krabs liked about the dedication, atleast he was doing it to cheer him up and reassure him that it was a day dedicated to him rather than a day getting away from him. because being the sensitive and fragile sponge that he is, he will not get over it easily if he knows the truth.

I know some people didn't like this episode and I can understand them but I liked this episode. This episode would be much better, If there was no "No SpongeBob Day". Everyone was out of character in this episode. I can understand why Squidward wanted to celebrate "No SpongeBob Day" but why the others, especially Patrick celebrated "No SpongeBob Day"? I know SpongeBob is annoying sometimes but he is not a bad person. I really felt bad for SpongeBob in this episode. I liked this episode becuase there were some funny and enjoyable parts. I liked that SpongeBob decided to live out everyone's lives for them. SpongeBob becoming friends with a boat was creepy but funny. SpongeBob watching a movie about vehicles was very hilarious. The ending was funny too. I don't recommend this episode but I thought this episode was a good episode and It was better than "Not Normal". 7/10

• God Himself 1

How much do you want to bet that "National No-Spongebob Day" was originally all Squidward's idea? :rolleyes: But I really do enjoy watching this episode; the reason why is because unlike many of the other "Spongebob Squarepants" episodes, this is a very GOOD character development episode revolving around Spongebob. It takes the familiar concept of a character finding out that they are (or very near) the last fully functioning character left in the world/city, and applying the situation to Spongebob! o.o See also, "The Twilight Zone; Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius; I Am Legend;" and "Jimmy Two Shoes." :lol: It was very interesting to see how Spongebob reacted to being the only character left in Bikini Bottom, and to date, this is so far the ONLY episode where Spongebob didn't have to give his Driver's License back to Mrs. Puff (which might explain why he was able to drive a truck in "Greasy Buffoons.") :o Overall, I give this episode a 10/10! :D Enough said! ;)

This episode is overhated. End of story.
...Ok, allow me to elaborate. This episode gets a lot of hate, and to be honest, I don't see what's so wrong with it. I love the atmosphere that is applied throughout; it really gives off the feeling that Spongebob is truly alone. The first half of the episode is good due to that; the second half, which has the whole Boaty thing, sort of slowed down the episode, and made it pretty weird, but I don't mind it that much. As for the ending of the episode, I can see why people would dislike it but, to be honest... it didn't affect me that much. The No Patrick Day part was pretty funny and I don't get why some people hate it. Overall, while the second half of this episode was sort of weird (and dragged it down a bit for me), I don't get much of the hate for this episode and it did not deserve to get onto any worst lists.

FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • God Himself 1