• Advertisement

Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Oh shit, one of my friends were actually in Orlando when this happened. I mean, she marked herself safe on Facebook, but still, I was really concerned.

I'm sending my condolences to the people who died and/or got injured in the shooting and their families. It sickens me that someone would actually do this to the LGBT community.

• Like 1

ISIS officially managed to get to the US and cause major trouble here. We were all pointing fingers at each other over Islam and gun control, and right under our noses, they manage to come through. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Screw you all and screw me too for being stupid enough to let this happen. We couldn't work on the solution together, and now we're paying for it. Just watch, people will still be defending Islam despite its growing over-fundamentalism, and then other people will have a field day talking about how all Muslims are bad and that they shouldn't be in the country.

ALL of you, including me, helped cause this, and we're all going to take part in making it worse instead of coming up with a solution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

ISIS officially managed to get to the US and cause major trouble here. We were all pointing fingers at each other over Islam and gun control, and right under our noses, they manage to come through. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Screw you all and screw me too for being stupid enough to let this happen. We couldn't work on the solution together, and now we're paying for it. Just watch, people will still be defending Islam despite its growing over-fundamentalism, and then other people will have a field day talking about how all Muslims are bad and that they shouldn't be in the country.

ALL of you, including me, helped cause this, and we're all going to take part in making it worse instead of coming up with a solution.

My personal opinion is that Islam as a religion is bad, but most of the people who follow it aren't bad. I also notice in other religions most people don't follow it 100% seriously, this is especially true of Christianity in my experience and I recall you posted somewhere on SBM that if your parents did they'd lynch people after you for not being muslim. It's very obviously a toxic religion, that's why the extremists who follow it 100% literally (of course the extremists are just plain bad people at the end of the day, regardless of what they believe in) do such heinous things. I'm not saying this isn't true of other religions but you don't see extremist Christians going around slaughtering people.

Disclaimer: Not saying all, or even most muslims are bad, just saying the religion itself seems to be toxic. There's a difference between the religion and it's followers.

Now my actual thoughts on this shooting is that it's awful and tragic.

Edited by Teamwork

3 minutes ago, tvguy said:

Virtually every religion in some way or another is bad. 

Yeah, if you look at history every religion has done heinous things, but it's just puzzling how radical muslims are doing these awful things. We don't hear about radical christians shooting up a nightclub, do we?

3 minutes ago, tvguy said:

Virtually every religion in some way or another is bad. 

Yeah, but Islam obviously has a higher amount of people who follow their holy book word-for-word and do evil things as a result (which is evident by how many terror attacks are in the name of Islam), and that's essentially why eliminating extremism and fundamentalism with Islam should be a main priority.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

Yeah, if you look at history every religion has done heinous things, but it's just puzzling how radical muslims are doing these awful things. We don't hear about radical christians shooting up a nightclub, do we?

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yeah, but Islam obviously has a higher amount of people who follow their holy book word-for-word and do evil things as a result (which is evident by how many terror attacks are in the name of Islam), and that's essentially why eliminating extremism and fundamentalism with Islam should be a main priority.

you're kidding right 

• Like 3

Just now, tvguy said:

What are you basing "There's obviously more Islamists than Christian extremists" off of? 

Well that phrase might be a bit wrong, so if I can make it statistically right, we can do "There's obviously more Islamist extremists who commit attacks and kill a ton of people than Christian extremists who do it."

There are Christian nutjobs out there for sure, but statistically speaking, the amount of times they commit heinous acts in the name of their religion doesn't even come close to what the Islamic extremists do. The day we go out fighting Christian extremists is the day they're willing to bomb a bunch of crap all over Europe and the Middle East.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. The fact that such a horrible atrocity like this happened (and during Pride month nonetheless), is sickening. 

• Like 1