• Advertisement

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

Katniss

It's a shame this is going to underperform at the box office.  I saw it last night and it was pretty damn good.  This was a hilarious insight parody into the music industry that only The Lonely Island would be able to mock so near perfectly.  The third act isn't nearly as strong as the first two but it services just enough for me to recommend this movie in its entirety.  I love this.

I guarantee this movie is going to be a cult classic once it reaches home video or becomes available to stream.  The comparisons to This is Spinal Tap are pretty spot on, although I still prefer Spinal Tap.  Still worth checking out though.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised this movie flopped. The trailers made it look completely uninteresting, and R-rated comedies haven't had a lot of recent success at the box office. (There have been exceptions, but overall, there's been more duds than hits lately). Popstar's good reviews were surprising, but I doubt they were enough to make up for lack of appeal it had to moviegoers.

On 6/5/2016 at 3:45 PM, JCM said:

I'm not surprised this movie flopped. The trailers made it look completely uninteresting, and R-rated comedies haven't had a lot of recent success at the box office. (There have been exceptions, but overall, there's been more duds than hits lately). Popstar's good reviews were surprising, but I doubt they were enough to make up for lack of appeal it had to moviegoers.

Ah, yes, a movie parodying the music industry made by the people that made I Just Had Sex, Motherlover, and I'm On a Boat.

I am too also surprised this got good reviews.

• Like 1

This film was really funny. It was a great satire of the music industry and Andy Samberg proves why he's one of the greatest comedic actors working today. I enjoyed all the cameos (and parodies) of other musicians and the music was great. 

• Like 1