• Advertisement

Allison's Corner o' Writing

Master Cheeks

Just an area for general writing of mine that doesn't fit in any of my series' and to prevent creating a topic for every one shot I write. Some of it general Wendipping trash, random thoughts that came into my head or previews of future stuff depending on how I see fit. Anyhow, may as well start this off with wendip because of course I would: 

-----------

Picnic in the Falls

It was a beautiful day in Gravity Falls. The bird were whistling, the gnomes were digging and Dipper was once more humming along to Disco Girl.

"OOH OOOH!" He sang from the bathroom, unaware of the giggling voices from the other side of the door.

"Yo dude, no encore! Hurry up in there!" Wendy said as she knocked loudly. Dipper either didn't hear her or chose not to hear her. Big mistake.

"Oh Annabelle, should we alert to Daddy that we were being serious?" She asked the little girl standing right next to her. The girl exuberantly waved her head up and down to indicate yes.

Wendy then went to go retrieve her axe as Annabelle waited by the bathroom door for her mother. Annabelle was a short little gal, only a few feet tall, but already growing bright brown hair similar to her father's natural color and was still in her bright pink pajamas even though it was already 11 in the late morning. Wendy then returned with her trusty old hand me down axe and put it in a wielding position.

"Now we're gonna put a scare into Daddy honey." Wendy began whispering. "We're gonna count quietly up to… And then…"

Dipper was still obliviously listening to Disco Girl, when suddenly… "8, 9, 10!" the girls announced loudly as they plunged the axe into the bottom right corner of the door.

"GAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Dipper screamed as the axe went into the door, startling him. Trying to escape, he ran face first into the door quite hard, to the laughter of the girls.

"We got you Daddy!" Annabelle said exuberantly. "We got you good!"

Dipper could be annoyed ever so briefly as he heard his daughter's laughter. It was contagious. "Yeah, I guess you did honey." He chuckled along with them. "Now it's time for all of us to get dressed for our trip today, ok honey?"

"Alright daddy!" the little girl said as she skipped along to her room. Dipper then turned his attention to his wife, Wendy Pines.

"And you need to stop scaring me whenever I take a long shower." Dipper said in a sarcastic tone.

"Only when you start taking shorter showers." She said back with a smirk. "You left me only with the cold water yesterday."

"You're a lumberjack, you can withstand the c-"Dipper was interrupted as he dodged her axe once again. "I'll see you downstairs" she said as she took her turn into the shower.

Dipper continued getting dressed, putting on a collared dress shirt and dark blue dress pants. He'd felt he might've overdressed a bit, but he decided against changing since he figured the girls would put on dresses themselves. He then went downstairs and pulled out the mail of the last few days. Dipper had a nice, organized system of differentiating between the junk mail, bills, letters, and other miscellaneous items that didn't fit with the other categories. Wendy mostly just put it in the middle of the table in a massive clunk of a mess. Deep down, it really didn't bother him all that much as he enjoyed the activity (although he stubbornly refused to tell Wendy that.) This particular morning, he saw that there was a letter from Mabel, his twin sister. He knew it was her because she signed her name on the envelope with stickers. He began to open it when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs, so he decided to save the letter for later that night. He looked to see Annabelle in a bright green sweater with a little axe on it, a birthday gift from her aunt. It reminded Dipper of an old sweater Wendy had.

"What do you think Daddy?" She asked her dad. "Mommy said…"

Just then Wendy slid down the stairway railing in the sweater Dipper had been thinking of. "How do I look dude?" The girls asked in unison. Dipper gave a thumbs up, but blushed red in slight embarrassment.

"Daddy, we're just going out for a picnic not one of your meetings!" Annabelle said to her Dad, giggling at his rather formal outfitting. "You just need a t-shirt and shorts!" Wendy patted her on the head. "Honey, you know daddy's never had the best sense of fashion. We'll give him a couple hours to change." Wendy joked.

Dipper mock laughed with a grin and went back to his room to change. Dipper, no longer the scrawny little guy who'd first visited Gravity Falls nearly 20 years ago now, had encountered a growth spurt and went from being right above Wendy's abdomen to being nearly at eye level with her. He'd let his hair grow out some and it became a bit more of a frizzy mess then straight front and combed over to look like a choir boy. Now wearing a t-shirt that read "Portland University" along some basketball shorts and white tennis shoes, Dipper went back downstairs and fit right in with the rest of his little crew.

"Much better Daddy!" Annabelle said happily.

After a twenty minute walk through the forest, the family of three ended up by the central lake and camped out under a tree to hog the shade. Dipper probably was glad to have changed clothes for sure as he was already sweating through his clothes. Mrs. Pines looked no bit tired and Annabelle, carrying the backpack of food, looked pretty well herself.

"Mommy, why's Daddy already tired?" Annabelle asked.

"Just needs to get his nose out of the books a little more often." Wendy said jokingly. "You wanna set up the meal for us, sweetie?"

"Yes yes yes!" Annabelle said happily. "I got everything you asked me to pack!" She then pulled out a bright green blanket, a two liter of root beer, a bag of trail mix and six plastic bags of sandwiches, two for each person.

"Bellie, where are the cups?" Dipper asked.

"Cups? There's no way I'd forget…" Annabelle's voice then trailed off softly as she realized she had forgotten cups. "Oops..."

Wendy then began drinking from the bottle waterfall style. "Don't worry honey, we'll make do." She said as she wiped her face and then handed it to Annabelle. She tried to drink it like her mom had, but her aim wasn't quite as sharp and mostly just got it on her face.

"It's ok Bellie." Dipper said as he handed her a napkin to wipe the root beer off her face.

"Isn't it so nice to have a day off with both of us here?" Wendy asked to neither of them in particular.

"Yeah, it's nice to not be touring too much right now." Dipper began saying, then turned over to face his wife. "And spend more time with my wonderful wife." He then kissed her on the cheek. "And my adorable daughter." He continued as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Aww Daddy!" Annabelle exclaimed as she hugged her Dad. "I have a surprise for you two!"

"You do!?" They both said in surprised unison.

"Yep!" Annabelle then pulled out two hats, one a baseball cap with a pine tree on it and the other a lumberjack hat. "Your old hats!"

Both still had their mouths agape in Annabelle's ability to find them as they'd been hidden far away in the attic of the old house as neither really liked wearing hats all that much anymore.

"Wow…" Dipper said finally ending the silence. "Never thought I'd see these old things again."

"So much… memory in these…" Wendy chimed in.

"Put em on!" Annabelle said cheerfully. "I wanna see if they still fit!"

Dipper tried to put his old pine tree hat on, but it was definitely not as snug on his head as it was when he was 13. He tried to hide the discomfort it was causing, but he did a poor job as his head clearly looked constricted and tight. Annabelle relieved her Dad and put it loosely on his head, front side up to the sky.

"That probably feels better doesn't?" She asked.

"It wasn't bad before…" Dipper grumbled to himself, neither of the girls apparently hearing him. (He got over it)

"Mommy, your turn!" Wendy then put her lumberjack hat on, and it fit right on like a charm. "Just like the Summer of 2012!" Wendy said with a smirk on her face towards Dip.

Dipper sat in a thinker pose for a second before having a thought. "Wait." He said as he took Wendy's hat off her head and stuck his pine tree hat on hers. He then stuck her lumberjack hat on his head and both grinned deeply.

"It's just like…" Wendy began.

"… The first time…" Dipper continued. "… That I knew…"

"That I loved you!" Both finished in unison as they embraced one another in a great hug of love. Annabelle snuck her head in the hug as well. And the little family had never been happier then they were in that very moment.

---------

See you all soon with more content!

• Like 4

A new story, enjoy:

Promises

It was a late night in Dipper Pines' apartment room in Portland, Oregon. Dipper had been up 19 hours and 43 minutes straight as the clock hit to 3 am and he felt his face was numb with all the wear and tear of those hours. But he couldn't give up now; he'd gotten 13 of 15 pages done and the deadline was 6 am. Giving up now would be nothing short of giving up and it would reek of failure on his end. He needed a break though, really encouragement above all else. Although being alone and on his own was cool in some ways, it was disappointing to not have the encouraging eyes of Mabel around when it was needed. Now it was just him and him only.

"I need something to drink…" He mumbled to himself in confusion. Walking down the stairs from his study room to the kitchen, he nearly slipped and fell to a perilous fate, saved only by his quick clutch of the stair railing and a somewhat harsh landing on his butt.

"Ouch!" he shouted upon the impact.

Finishing his descent down the stairs, rubbing his wounded and aching bottom all the way so, he finally reached into his cupboard and pulled out a glass and proceeded to the sink. The water seemed to flow into the cup so slowly to Dipper, like the shifting sands of an hourglass.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the water was overflowing through Dipper's right hand making the overstimulated and sensitive young man drop the glass instinctively. The glass thankfully stayed contained into the sink and his hand remained unaffected by the chaos of the sink.

"Oh God!" Dipper shouted as he recoiled to the ground. "I can't do this can I?" Dipper slapped himself on the cheek to bring him at least somewhat back to his senses. Taking a few breaths to calm himself, he knew what he had to do. He pulled out and his phone and seeking through his contacts was prepared to call his twin sister. But then his finger twitched and began to call his longtime friend…

"Wendy here." Came the familiar voice. Dipper was surprised to hear awake this late.

"Oh… hello." Dipper answered awkwardly. "I actually meant to call Mabel, whoops."

"Of course, you did." Wendy mock laughed attempting to diffuse the awkwardness. "Well since we're both awake here this late, you may as well spill it."

"Wh-what?" Dipper asked, wanting to shield her for whatever reason.

"I mean why you're up at 3 am trying to call your sister and somehow calling me? You're obviously out of it." Wendy directed at Dipper. Dipper, the phone shaking in his hand as he was still trembling on the floor, finally broke down.

"I'm just ready to fall and break apart, the stress of growing up and becoming an adult. College is unlike any other challenge and I was never ready for it!" Dipper screeched over the phone. "I don't know what to do! I just wanna give up and live off the land."

Wendy sighed over the phone. "Dipper dude, you're the smartest person I know. And more importantly, you're the most determined person I know. Don't let yourself down; pick yourself up and do this because I know you can!" Wendy said emphatically. Dipper felt… touched at her response.

"Thanks honey…" Dipper said hazily.

"What did you say?" Wendy asked.

"I said thanks Wendy…" Dipper replied.

"If you say so…" Wendy said questioningly. "One more thing Dipper."

"What's that?" Dipper asked.

"You can always call for me. I'll be here. I promise." Wendy said in a sweet, soft tone. It was a tone Dipper had never heard from her before and he found it nothing short of beautiful. So much so he was caught off guard.

"...Thanks Wendy. I'll never forget this. I promise." Dipper replied. He then silently got back to work, more aware and awake than he'd ever been that night.

Several years later

Annabelle Pines was struggling with her math homework one night. Multiplication and Division were still difficult and touchy subjects for the young girl and adding fractions to them, as they were about to according to her teacher, was just a nightmare scenario.

"26 divided by 3 is… darn it!" She said in frustration as she once more got a wrong answer. She wasn't quite at the age to use a calculator in her classes yet, and even more so she had to do a handwritten version of her work, so just a write the answer and run was not an option. Dipper Pines had heard her frustration from the living room.

"Honey, are you alright?" Dipper asked.

"Yeah, I'm just frustrated with my homework." She replied.

"Can I help you out?" Dipper asked.

"No, I don't need the help!" Annabelle replied sharply. "Even if I did, I can't."

"Why not?" a perplexed Dipper asked.

"I just can't Daddy!" She shrieked.

Dipper put a hand on his daughter's shoulder. " Yes you can honey. You always can. Mommy and I promised ourselves that a long time ago and it holds true for you. Always." Dipper said solemnly to her. "Now take a break and come eat dinner with Mommy and I."

After dinner, Dipper sat down with Annabelle and helped her do the long division even though it took quite awhile to finish it all and help her understand it best.

"See, that wasn't too bad in the end, now was it?" Dipper stated to Annabelle.

"It took awhile though…" Annabelle replied.

"Well not everything is quick and fast, especially if it's an important task." Dipper said. "Now, you should start getting to bed, it's very late honey."

"Alright Daddy!" Annabelle said happily before Dipper stopped her one more time.

"Remember honey, you can always trust Mommy and Daddy for help. We promise." Dipper said as he embraced his daughter in a hug.

• Like 3

This is actually a bit older, but I haven't really written much in a bit because of finals and other such things and with SOF 6 on the way I figured I may as well update something so, uh, enjoy. New content coming soon hopefully.

Naked and (Kind of) Afraid

Dipper's mind was all fogged up like a car windshield. He was trying his hardest to focus on Night of the Zombie Gnomes III, but his mind was far elsewhere. Maybe it was because he'd actually battled zombies just last summer and they were actually life threatening and terrifying, as opposed to the lack of horror this B grade movie evoked. Maybe it was because summer was almost over yet again and it would mean leaving fun, vibrant Gravity Falls for quiet, dreary California. But that wasn't even fully accurate since Mabel was the Princess of fun. Nah, it was because the Queen of Fun resided in Gravity Falls, that being…

"Dude, you in there?" Wendy Corduroy asked Dipper. "You look out of it."

Dipper, facing down towards the floor rather listlessly, jerked his head up and came eye to eye with her. Normally much shorter, laying on this bed was a great equalizer.

"Yeah I'm fine, just bored by the movie I guess." Dipper replied.

"But it's terrible movie Wednesday!" Wendy exclaimed. "You love terrible movie Wednesday!" Dipper just shrugged her enthusiasm off. "Alright, well I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick then if you're not even that invested in this…"

Dipper felt bad because he knew he'd made it kind of awkward, like he usually did. Sitting there all alone on the bed, he cheered up a bit as he realized he had the chance to do what… other boys did and snoop the room of his crush. This wasn't the first time he'd done it so he was able to convince himself that the top drawer just happened to be open and just happened to be the one with her bras in them. Just a year ago doing this would have made him revolted; now it revved him up in more ways than one. The power of hormonal changes in action. For whatever reason this time, even seeing the bras didn't excite him all that much. It would have been a total failure of a trip if he hadn't seen an envelope on the top of the dresser with a giant D on it. He peeked inside and saw something he couldn't believe. It was so shocking it almost took his attention away from the fact that he heard Wendy coming back into the room. Panicking, he stuck the envelope in his hat. Nervously Dipper sat through the final 28 minutes of the movie waiting for the other shoe to drop and Wendy to see the envelope gone or the envelope to explode in a flurry of paper mess and reveal his crime. Somehow neither occurred and Dipper left hurriedly to the Mystery Shack. It was past 11 that night, and shack was similarly silent and dark. The only light in the whole room came from the kitchen table, where Soos was busily working on Paper Mache artwork.

"Hey Dipper, your back late tonight?" Soos asked concerningly as Dipper was sweating bullets.

"Movie ran late…" Came Dipper's rushed response.

"Dude, you ok?" Soos asked.

Dipper then put the envelope from Wendy's house on the table. "I took this by accident… kinda" Dipper admitted guiltily. "Anyhow I looked inside and saw…"

"What did you see?" Soos asked. "Is it bad?"

Dipper gulped. "Well umm… lets just say she's wearing invisible clothes."

"I want invisible clothes!" Soos exclaimed obliviously.

"No Soos! I was trying to say she was wearing no clothes." Dipper exclaimed. "And for some reason… I'm not as excited as I hoped I would be when this happened."

"Why's that?" Soos asked.

"Well… I guess it feels like I was growing up as I saw that picture. I've imagined it before, but to see it with my own eyes… It changed me a little." Dipper said sadly.

Soos put his hand on Dipper's shoulder. "These things happen when you grow up Dipper. Sometimes you'll age in the blink of an eye, like I did when my dad left our family or you seeing nudity for the first time. Don't run from these moments, embrace them." Soos explained in the most composed tone Dipper had ever heard him speak in.

"Thanks Soos, that really helped." A relieved Dipper said as he sneaked another look at the photo. "It is a good photo…"

"Ok, but you should never let anyone else know about this photo though." Soos warned. "I mean, Wendy's wrath if she found out you had it would be hard hitting."

"Maybe the D on the envelope meant it was for me!" Dipper said self deprecatingly as he mockingly laughed. "Ok, lets not get my hopes up."

"Just keep this a secret and get some sleep dude."

Dipper then thanked Soos as he went to sleep and had nice peaceful dreams, if you know what I mean.

The Next Morning…

Wendy was getting ready for the day when she noticed something was missing.

"Say where's that thing I was gonna give Dipper?"

• Like 2

New GF story at last:

Babysitting the Pines

It was a beautiful, sunny day in Gravity Falls, nearing the beginning of summer but not quite there yet. Coming home from school one day was little Annabelle Pines. It had been a long, boring day at school (like most of them were) and she was eager to focus as little on any schoolwork as she possibly could and have a good day in the end. Coming home to the Pines family cabin, she saw a note attached to the door of the house. Annabelle could tell by the somewhat sloppy handwriting that it was her mother, Wendy, had written it.

"Mommy has to go visit Grandpa and daddy is stuck at work (again), so your Great Grunkles are here to visit and keep you on track (Read: babysit you.) Behave and see you later tonight. Love Mommy."

"Oh yay, grunkle no rules!" Annabelle said internally. She had always been fond of Grunkle Stan and he had always been doting on her. Grunkle Ford was the one who tried to insinuate rules… or something. Not that he was bad, but didn't let the little things get past him.

As Annabelle walks inside, there was Grunkle Stan watching The Duchess Approves yet again. He didn't notice at her at first, and so continues to watch. "No Count Lionel! You had your chance and it's gone! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"Grunkle Stan, is that The Duchess Approves?" Annabelle asked, alerting him that she was there. In a panicked shock he desperately looks for the remote. "Uhhhhh, no no sweetie it's ummmmm…" Grunkle Stan finally finds the remote and quickly changes it to…

"Dog wrestling?" They ask in unison, confused at what is playing on the Animal channel today. "Well that's a first for me." Grunkle Stan says. "Anyhow, you can watch whatever you want little one."

Annabelle was excited when…

"Not so fast Stanley!" Ford said as he walked into the room. "We have to make sure she doesn't have any work to do!"

"I mean… do we really have to?" Grunkle Stan asked. "I'm pretty sure our job is to make sure she doesn't hurt herself more than anything else."

Ford scowled right at Stan. "Oh little Annabelle, do you have any work to do tonight?"

"Errr…." She thought to herself. She did have one teensy assignment to do. But she could do it later tonight she figured. Plus she'd already been in school all day long. "One little thing?"

"Alright, well you should finish it now." Ford said. 'Then you can have controlled fun." Annabelle just kinda frowned back, but she knew that Ford would just say a lot of big words if she complained back, so she just went upstairs to her room and got started. Scarcely an hour had passed when she came back down to the kitchen and said she'd finished her work. "Oh really?" A skeptical Ford asked as he removed a baking pan from the oven. "Well let's check it out then." Annabelle gazed at the baking pan full of steaming hot cookies. "Are those… cookies!?"

"Indeed they are. Fordookies in fact!" Ford said with pride.

"Ok look brother, I already told you that you can't just name food after yourself!" Stan said. "At least Stancakes rhymes!"

"What's wrong with a Fordookies!" Ford replied back. "Or even a Fordwich!"

"Well I mean what isn't wrong with it!" Stan replied back. The two began to go back and forth about why Ford's name doesn't work with food like Stan's does. Meanwhile as this happens, Annabelle sneaks a cookie off the pan and eats it. She can't stop herself from hiding her delight with it.

"Grunkle Ford! These are the greatest cookies I've ever had!" She exclaimed.

"Why thank you!" Ford said happily. "Their a recipe from the 43rd dimm- Hey wait a second, your father said no sweets remember?"

Annabelle smiled guiltily with cookie crumbs and chocolate chips still in her teeth. Ford then put the baking pan up on the counter so she couldn't sneak anymore with one of them seeing her.

"Alright let's look at this homework! Oh yay science!" Ford exclaimed. Ford then began to read the questions in a very long, drawn out manner that bored Annabelle greatly.

"... And that is the answer to question 1! Only 19 more to go!" Grunkle Ford said.

"Yeah this isn't going to work." Annabelle thought to herself. "I have to get the grunkles busy in order to have fun today." Annabelle then excused herself to go to the bathroom, but walked out through the window. She had an idea.

A few minutes later, Grunkle Ford began to realize she'd been gone quite awhile, so he knocked on the bathroom door to check on her. "Oh Annabelle, are you having gastrointestinal pain?" he asked through the door. "I have an old remedy from the 231st dimmension that clears things right up!" Grunkle Stan then got up and opened the bathroom door.

"Stanley! What if she was using the toilet!" Ford scolded him. "Well she isn't even in the bathroom!" Stan said back. "What do you mean by th-" Ford said as he realized she had escaped out the window.

"Oh, when I get her!" he said as the two walked outside. They then saw an acorn fall right by their feet and saw Annabelle in a very tall tree, one of the tallest in the area.

"Hey grunkles!" She shouted from up above. "Nice view up here, you should come check it out!"

"Annabelle come down from there right now! I don't want to have to tell your mother!" Ford said. Stan then slapped him. "No genius, you gotta sound nice to have her listen to ya. Watch."

Stan then cleared his throat. "Oh sweetie, if you come down I'll give you a cookie!" Ford slapped him now. "So caving in to her demands is parenting goes?" He said. "Hey, I'm just the babysitter." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "She can have the whole pan if it gets her out of that tree." Ford just sighed.

"Come up here and we'll talk about it!" She said. Both of them sighed, but realized they had no other choice at this point. Ford got on top of Stanley and they used their collective strength and mindset to climb the tree. It was even taller than they had imagined and it took a good fifteen minutes for them to climb up, but finally they had reached the top.

"We did it Stanley! We did it through the power of teamwork and cooperation!"

Stan just stared back, blankly. ".. Tyeaa-mworr-"

"Never mind." Ford said. "Wait, where's Annabelle?"

"What do you mean brainiac?" Stan asked back.

"I mean I don't see her?" Ford said.

"Looking for me?" Annabelle shouted from the ground. Both of them were surprised to see her having gotten all the way down. "It's easier to get up and down trees with the Pines family grappling hook!"

"When we get down there…" Ford said before realizing just how far down the climb down would be. It was so high it made him a little nauseous.

"Alright, see you whenever that is!" Annabelle happily exclaimed as she ran back inside the house.

"Alright, lets go brother!" Stan said as he noticed Ford shaking a bit. "What's the matter?"

"It's a little high…" Ford said meekly.

"Oh come on! You lived in non gravity for 30 years! That's way scarier!" Stanley exclaimed, clearly annoyed.

"There are no heights in that though! Way less fear inducing!" Ford said back.

The two then spent a lot of time arguing with one another over the silly things families argue over while Annabelle watched cartoons on the family tv. It turned out to be a good day indeed for Annabelle Pines.

• Like 3

Polaroids

The pitch black ballroom room and it's creepy atmospheric feel didn't exactly scream "Senior Prom" to most, the seniors themselves included. A halloween theme in the middle of June? For most people, this idea would be incredibly random and bizarre. But it's just a normal one for…

"Mabeltastic!" Mabel Pines said emphatically. "This prom is gonna be Mabeltastic!" Her brother, Dipper Pines, could only sigh back.

"Mabel, I still don't get how you managed to convince the planning committee to make the prom a Summerween theme." Dipper said in a confused tone. Mabel just laughed in response.

"Brother, I AM the planning committee!" She replied emphatically. "What I say is what goes!"

"I kinda hoped Summerween would convince Wendy to come, but…" Dipper said trailing off.

"Hey it's ok." Mabel said. "It was always a longshot since the age issue."

"But I'm eighteen now, and even if she's twenty-one, I didn't think it would be that big of an issue…" Dipper said before once again trailing off.

"SAY CHEESE!" Mabel yelled, but not enough time to allow him to anticipate the massive flash of her camera.

"Mabel, does it have to be that bright!?" Dipper asked in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry, I just have it super bright so that it takes the pictures in this creepy black and white style!" Mabel said excitedly. "I think they're called pollarines?"

"I think you mean Polaroids." Dipper corrected her as Mabel showed him the picture of Dipper hissing back in fear.

"You look really funny in this one, Dip!" Mabel said, but only saw her brother off into his own thoughts. "Hey, you never know what's going to happen during Senior Prom!"

"What, like Wendy showing up even though she said no?" Dipper asked mockingly. "Well ok she said maybe and then said she had work, but my point stands!"

"Hey, this is the night where dreams come true Dipper! If not Wendy, then someone else will fulfill your desires!" Mabel said happily.

"Where'd you read that one, on the back of a gum wrapper?" Dipper asked sarcastically.

"Hey, are you eating my gum?" Mabel asked sillily.

Their banter was interrupted by Mabel's phone timer going off, telling her it was time get the party going. The crowd still seemed disinterested in the whole thing but the little bundle of energy was gonna do all she could to pull them into it.

"Ok everyone! Welcome to Lay's Southwest High School Senior Prom! I hope you all are as excited as am I for this!" She practically screamed through the microphone.

The room was filled with a silence so looming one could hear a feather hit the ground.

"Bring on the DJ!" Yelled one kid. "BRING ON THE SOUNDS!" Everyone then started chattering restlessly.

"The DJ is running a bit late, so I'll incorporate some of my silly magic into this!" Mabel began. "Lights!"

As she said this, she gestured her hands down her shoulders to below her waist. Simultaneously, the lights dimmed to the point where one could barely see their own hands in front of them. The chattering went silent as this occurred. Then emerging from the ground was a giant looking bonfire!

"Camp fire confessions time!" Mabel said squealing. The booing and chattering returned just as quickly but with even more force than before. From the back, Dipper snarled at them.

"What did any of those kids do to plan this?" Dipper complained to himself. "Mabel put her heart into this and their just tearing her apart!" As he said that a tomato flew into the room just barely missing Dipper.

"Man these kids are such punks." Said a familiar voice.

"You got that ri-righ-" Dipper began sweating as he realized who that was. "WENDY!" Dipper instinctively hugged her, which looked far more normal as his head now was up to her chest. "Did you come to dance?"

"Well ummm…" Wendy began awkwardly before Mabel leapt into the room to escape the terror outside.

"WHERE IS DJ JAMZ!?" She said in a rather petrified tone of voice.

"Here dude!" Wendy said.

"Oh wow Dipper. Wendy is DJ Jamz, our High School Prom DJ! What an amazing coincidence!" Mabel said with a rather unconvincing wink.

"Mabel you planned everything…" Dipper said.

Meanwhile the clamors for the DJ were growing with each second, so Wendy went in to save the day, and that she the theme still wasn't a huge hit, none of the kids were dissatisfied with being able to dance. Well, there was one person still dissatisfied…

"Even now with everything a success I'm still alone tonight." Dipper moped to himself from the school rooftop.

"Yeah loneliness really sucks dude." Wendy said after she had come up without a word. It took Dipper a second to realize this.

"Oh hey Wendy. Aren't you supposed to be running the DJ station?" Dipper asked.

"Yeah but some kid took over the station." Wendy said with a shrug. "So I took that as my cue to get out of that madhouse."

"I didn't even know you were a DJ. I guess it's kind of funny how coincidence and fate managed to bring you here in the end isn't it?" Dipper said with an awkward laugh.

"Not coincidental at all dude. Once I knew you wanted me to come, I changed my entire schedule around so I could come as a surprise dude!" she said with a proper wink.

Dipper was speechless. Wendy then pulled out a boombox and it began playing "(Everything I do) I do it for you"

"Care for a dance, Dip?" She asked as Dipper took her hand and they began to slow dance to the song, beautifully. As the song reached it's end, Dipper finally reached in for the kiss he always wanted…

*FLASH*

"MABEL!" Dipper yelled.

"Hey don't worry it was a good picture!" Mabel said as she handed it to her brother. It was a actually a really nice picture of right before the flash blinded their eyes. "I guess so." Dipper said. "Just use a less bright camera next time is all!"

Later that night…

Dipper finally got the picture to fit in the frame after quite a few tries, and it didn't feel like 3 am at all. But as he finished framing the memory of a lifetime, he collapsed on his bed."Best. Night. Ever." He said as he drifted asleep.

• Like 3

So as none of you some of you might know from the world of tumblr or my ask, it's Wendip week this week! Which means I'm writing a story for it each day (or will die trying at the very least) so I may as well share them on here. Can't perfectly guarantee I'll do all 7 on time, but I'll do my damndest best effort. Anyhow, here's the first story (prompt is Codes):

A Coded Reminder

The circular shaped note had confused Dipper greatly. It appeared in his coffee cup before he was able to fill it and it was cryptic in wording:

“Come to the donut shaped hole in your behind.” It read. What did the perplexing message mean he wondered as he drank a morning cup of coffee. A few moments later, he heard footsteps.

“Morning honey.” The woman who appeared said to Dipper.

“Good morning Wendy honey..” Dipper said as he got up to put his cup away. He heard her giggle as he did so.

“Something funny?” Dipper asked in response.

“There's a sticky note your butt dude.” She said as her muted giggling devolved into straight up laughter.

A slightly embarrassed Dipper just pulled the small little note off his donut butt without a word.

“I reside in your sanctuary? What in the world is that?” Dipper said.

“Well you have your own office that only you enter and only you enjoy, sort of like a sanctuary.” Wendy suggested.

“Hmmm, well I do have my office that only I-” Dipper began before Wendy stopped him.

“Oh no don't you do that thing where you take my idea!” Wendy said mockingly mad.

“Don't you worry, I'll give you something back in full later tonight.” Dipper said with a wink. “Anyways here's the next note: Come to our large arms where the bark is loud.”

“I'm going to go out on a limb and say… That this is in a dog park.” Dipper said, quickly regretting it.

“I'm gonna take a guess that Annabelle means that humongous tree in our yard.” Wendy suggested.

“Right…” Dipper said.

They then went outside to the large, humongous tree in their backyard. It was an oak tree with orange leaves, visible bark and several long branches. And at the very top, the two saw a faint silhouette, waving at them.

“Well that's our flesh and blood alright.” Wendy said. Let's get climbin’!”

“Wendy that's a large cl-” Dipper was interrupted as Wendy grabbed and carried Dipper up the tree forcefully. At the top, a sweaty breathless dipper found another sticky note: “Come on and down and find your reward.” was all it read.

“Alright so how are we going to get do-” Dipper began before Wendy nearly threw him down. “Could we try a less thrilling method?”

“Fine, we'll just climb down.” Wendy said. As she began to climb, Dipper jumped on top of her hat, causing her to lose her grip and they began to free fall down the tree anyways.

“You know you're not like a midget anymore right?” She joked as they continued to fall.

“Yeah, our daughter took that title.” Dipper smiled back. They then began to kiss as they continued to fall, not aware they were close to hitting the ground hard.

Thankfully there was a soft mattress there to catch their fall, as if she knew what was coming.

“Oh my gosh you're kissing!” Annabelle exalted before interrupting it to make it a group hug.

“Say where's our reward?” The parents asked.

“Errr…. Happiness and love are the best reward?” Annabelle said with a smirk.

The two just laughed back. “I can buy into that.” Wendy said as she made out with her husband yet again, and it was a great day for the young Pines family.

• Like 2

Day 2!

One Last Dance

October 21st 2052, 5:40 PM:

It's an unusually cold day at the University of California-Kindling. It's only the twenty first of October, but the high winds and cloudy skies gave the impression of a dreary February day in the East. Inside the campus, there's some chattering and activity in some clasrooms and study halls, but it has mostly died down to specific areas due to it already being past seven that evening. One of these areas is the Kinding ballroom, which resides on the highest floor of the furthest west building. It was getting around this campus that still managed to confuse Wendy Pines even still today.

"Ok so I'm at west hall finally. Now, the archaeology hall is… No, not down there… Hmmmm…" Wendy, her long red hair now cut short to "cut the annoyance" as she put it, was lost at the campus… again. It didn't help that she was sore thumb of sorts in a long green and white dress that would've looked out of place at a wedding even, but even more so at this very moment.

I'm doing so rough right now. She chastised herself.

Meanwhile at the same time, in a different place…

Dipper is sure his wife was coming. He figured she just had to be lost on the campus like the other times she'd visited, but it didn't make him any less uneasy right now. It was making him sweat right through his black and blue blazer as if it were a sweatshirt on a summer day.

What if not coming is payback for all those lost hours I've given to this place? Dipper wondered to himself. Would she be that vengeful… even as I'm stepping down?

A petite, chubby man interrupted Dipper's train of thought to ask for a book signature. Dipper, as he'd done millions of times over the years, obliged and signed.

"Thank you professor Pines and congratulations on retirement!" The man said as he walked away.

Hopefully it's a happy one… Dipper wondered to himself before the podium speaker interrupted his thoughts.

"It's time to begin the retirement ceremonies for our very own, professor Dipper Pines!" The speaker said, forcing Dipper to stand up and wave happily looking, despite being anything but so.

Please come honey…

Meanwhile with Wendy…

Wendy knew she was late, and felt incredibly bad. She was trying to find the right room, but it all seemed like such a labyrinth to her. Just when it seemed like the right room, she realized it was the wrong department, like when she entered the lavender and gray room in floor 3, or the one where she interrupted a business management class in session on the 4th floor. She felt so lost and didn't know if it would all be over by the time she showed up. She was saddened at what she felt was her fault.

Meanwhile at Dipper's POV…

It had been already twenty minutes and Dipper was agonizing that she still wasn't there. The guilt and fear was growing with each moment. He'd been so out of tune that he totally forgot that there was an intermission between all the talks about his career at the university.

"Professor Pines are you ok?" The man who had spoke most of the evening thus far asked him. He was an undistinguished looking man with a small goatee and a spectacle, Dipper couldn't even remember his name right now.

"Yes sir, just waiting for som-" Dipper said before he noticed the door opened for the first time since the speaking had started. It made a distinctive creek whenever it opened that no one could forget. And emerging from it was-

"WENDY!" Dipper exalted as she walked through the doorway. "Oh Wendy, I was afraid you weren't coming?"

"Why would you think that?" She asked slightly perplexed.

"Well I do miss a lot of time because of these things and my books…" Dipper admitted sheepishly.

"Well sometimes sacrifices are made, and I've already done that for like thirty years if you count when we first met. Some book you write ain't gonna change that!" She said as she smooched him on the cheek.

The DJ then played a "personal request of the retiring," the only song he truly wanted to hear that night. Everyone was a little perplexed when…

"Tears Over Fears? The 80s so many years later?" the keynote speaker asked aloud.

"Oh my God, Head Over Heels!" Wendy remarked! "Our song! Good thing I'm still such for you!" as they made out while they continued to kiss, as the rest of the room sang along with the La La La refrain.

*Note: Head over Heels ain't mine, that's Tears for Fears' brilliance"

• Like 1

Well it's only been half a year since the last update...

(Wrote this recently as a request)

The Night of the Unliving Wendy

A fly was buzzing. Buzzing around the room, it flew from a wooden service counter onto a clothing rack, where it buzzed even louder. Before it could buzz any louder, it met it's demise at the hands of a curled up newspaper held by Stanley Pines.

"Wendy!" Stanley cried out. "You're supposed to be protecting the merchandise!"

"I am." Wendy replied casually. "But there's been nothing to protect it against man."

"This fly I just killed off could've left thousands of eggs!" Stanley said exasperated. "Which means thousands of fly babies roaming the shop!"

"I'm not sure that's how fly babies work Mr. Pines…" Wendy said.

"Regardless I expect you to protect the merchandise from the flies too!" Stanley said as he walked out of the room.

This is kinda lame. Wendy thought to herself. Instead of doing this, I'm just gonna go see what's up with Dipper instead.

And so Wendy left her work station and walked outside instead to see her buddy Dipper strolling around in circles as he read from his journal.

"Hey Dipper!" Wendy said, startling him so much that he fell onto the ground. "What are you doing?"

Dipper was slightly flustered at his fall and took some time to respond. "Oh I'm just searching around for something out of the ordinary." Dipper replied. "Nothing really in particular has stuck out to this point."

"Oh cool, sounds better then work." Wendy replied. "I'll join you!" And so they circled the perimeter of the Shack, but found nothing of value once more.

"Say, let's go a little deeper into the woods." Dipper suggested. "I think we've exhausted all possibilities here." And so they went into the woods, and it didn't take too long for something to stick out.

"Oh hey Dip, I think I found something!" Wendy exclaimed as she picked something up. Showing it to Dipper, he could see that it was a tooth, a very decayed, gnawed up tooth. "Hmmmm, it's very possible Grunkle Stan could have been eating something heavy and broke his tooth off…" Dipper said aloud, though not specifically addressing Wendy.

"Hmmm, it seems a little… gross even for him."

As Wendy spoke, she instinctively scratched an itch on her nose, but did so with the tooth, opening up a small bloody wound on her nose. "Ouch!" She yelped, rubbing the blood off her nose and onto her hand.

"You alright?" Dipper asked. Wendy stared at Dipper blankly for a moment, her eyes moving rapidly in all different directions.

"Wendy!" Dipper exclaimed in concern.

"Wha-" She said, caught off guard. "I'm fine, just scratched my nose with this tooth. How about you hold on to it dude?" She said, handing it over to him. Now that he had a closer look at it, something seemed off about it.

"This isn't no human tooth!" Dipper mumbled anxiously. "Almost like a… a zomb-zombie tooth! Wendy, you said you scratched yo-" Before Dipper could finish his sentence, he looked up to see Wendy eating the skin straight off her hand. "What, I'm hungry?" She said casually. Dipper decided he didn't need to ask his question.

------

"So, I'm gon-gonna become a zombie?" Wendy asked anxiously as she sat on Dipper's bed.

"If the journal is correct… yes." Dipper said. "I have no idea how long the process takes before you go full zombie."

"Is there any way to reverse it?" She asked, viciously picking at her skin simultaneously. "Sorry, I'm just so itchy right now!"

"Well according to the journal… no." Dipper said bluntly. "But Ford told me one time that there is a natural cure for 'infections of the mind' as he calls it. It's the so called 'purest creature's most vile excrement.'"

"You mean… Unicorn pee?" Wendy asked as she tore off a piece of her ear and put it in her mouth. Dipper said nothing of it.

"Y-yeah, that's exactly it." Dipper said uncomfortably.

As he finished, Wendy leaned in close to Dipper, so close he could feel her nose touching his forehead. Dipper stuck his lips out for a kiss…

but felt her tongue instead…

on his forehead.

"Wendy…?" Dipper asked as the initial euphoria of the situation had worn off. And then, just as suddenly, Wendy opened her mouth and attempted to bite him.

"WENDY!?" came Dipper's shocked reaction. She merely blinked both of her eyes and then sat down.

"I'm sorry… I just wanted some brain." She said innocently. Dipper knew they had to act fast from this point on and so he dragged the slowly zombifying Wendy and they traveled to the Unicorn land.

"Come on Wendy, we don't have much time!" He said as he dragged her along.

------

It was not too much much longer later when the two were still on their journey towards the Realm of Unicorns. Although Dipper knew the forest well, he had never been to this area and was therefore a bit lost. He was also lost deep in thought as he studied his map when he felt a sliminess in the back of his head.

"You need to wash your hair Dipper." Wendy stated. "It's greasetastic!"

"Wendy! Stay human, don't go after my head." Dipper said kinda angrily.

"Brain!" She said in a more grumbled, zombied voice than her usual voice. STOP, IT'S DIPPER! She thought to herself, grunting out loud.

"Sorry Dipper, I'm trying." She said more frantically. "The urges I have are just really strong right now."

"I'm doing everything I can to get there quick it's just diffic-" Dipper finished mid sentence as he saw Wendy holding her other hand in the air. "OH MY GOD WENDY, YOUR HAND!" He screeched.

Wendy stared briefly at her disembodied hand. PUT IT BACK, PUT IT BACK, PUT BACK! Was her frantic thought, but she didn't want Dipper to know that. "What this?" She said nonchalantly as she reattached her hand. "Yeah the pro of zombieness!... If it were Halloween."

"Stay focused, we're getting closer." Dipper said.

"Yeah man, get us there with your big… smart… juicy…. Br-" Dipper threw a tree branch to stop her train of thought. "S-sorry."

------

Finally after even more walking, they were on the outskirts of the Realm of Unicorns. Although encouraged to have finally made it, he was worried about the continuing zombification. Wendy's skin was becoming more green and her sentences less…. Profound.

"Herrreee. Are we herrreee?" She asked, her voice resembling a static groan more then herself.

"Yeah we are, but perhaps you shouldn't push yourself." Dipper suggested. "Who knows how much time you have left if any." Dipper said, as he instinctively swatted Wendy's hand away from the back of his hand, having gotten used to it by now.

Dipper, those Unicorns aren't gonna listen to your reason! YOU GOTTA GO KICK THEIR BUTTS! Wendy thought to herself, but her transformation wasn't letting her get that out fully. "Butts. Butts... Brains..." She said in a scattered mumble. Dipper was beginning to feel discouraged.

"Honestly is it even worth it at this point?" Dipper asked rhetorically. "Are you even still actually there?"

As he said this, Wendy grabbed his head from behind and lifted him in the air. Dipper was sure his brain was about to become stir fry but instead she landed a big wet kiss on him. It was not quite the elegance he had always imagined, but it was just what he needed.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." Dipper said, filled with a load of confidence. As he walked into the forest of unicorns, he saw a purple Unicorn jamming to rave music.

"Is-is this what unicorns are actually like?" Dipper asked concernedly to no one in particular.

"What do you want punk?" She asked him.

"Um, will you pee in this jar for me?" Dipper asked. The Unicorn just stared at him for a moment before deciding to say something.

"Uhh no thanks." She said to him in a defiant tone.

"Goddammit!" He said. "My friend is going to be zombified soon if I can't get your pee!"

"Tough luck." She said back as it licked it's hooves.

"Ugh!" He said angrily. "If Mabel were here, she'd probably be a lot nicer than I'm about to be, bu-" Before he could finish his sentence, he saw that the jar was full of Unicorn… well you know.

"No no no, don't bring those crazy women again!" the Unicorn said as she ran off from Dipper.

That was weird but I have no time at all to give it thought. I'm coming Wendy! He thought to himself. As he charged back up the hill, he saw her eating grass out of the ground.

"Wendy, stop eating grass!" Dipper said. "I got the cure!" Wendy didn't acknowledge him at all, almost as if she wasn't even there.

Oh no, am I too late? Does she not even remember who she is? Dipper, without giving it any more thought, tackled Wendy and attempted to pour the cure down her throat. She resisted and tried grabbing Dipper.

"BRAIN. BRAIN." There was barely any humanity in her voice, scaring Dipper immensely. But he did not hesitate and continued to administer the cure. As the jar was emptied, both of them fell down from their struggle on their butts into the ground. Dipper panted heavily while Wendy sat motionless. Wendy then sat up and growled a fierce roar, initially making Dipper feel that he had failed. But that roar devolved into a hacking wheeze where the piece of ear she had tried eating earlier flung at Dipper's face instead. Afterwards he could hear her breathing softly.

"Wendy?" Dipper asked nervously. He wasn't totally sure that this was the cured Wendy yet. "D-do you want to eat my brain?"

"What?" She asked, disgustedly. "That's gross man."

"Wendy!" He screeched happily. "You're cured! You're not a zombie anymore!"

"Sorry I tried to eat your brain, I don't think it was really me." She said sheepishly.

"It's alright." He said as they embraced in a hug. They then went back to the Shack, where Wendy just pretended like she never left her station. Stanley walked in a few seconds later.

"How's the merchandise holding up?" He asked her.

"Pretty swell, although one of those flies took out a chunk of my ear." She said, pointing at it.

"Sacrifice? I like it! Keep up the good work kiddo!" Stan said as he walked out.

Say where did that go anyways? Wendy wondered to herself.

------

Mabel walked into her room, back from a sleepover with Pacifica.

"Hey Dipper, how was your day?" She asked gleefully.

"Pretty interesting." He said. "Hey, is keeping a zombified ear of Wendy's ok or not really?"

The color dropped out of Mabel's face and she just walked out of the room. "I agree, not weird at all. Thanks Mabel." He said as he put it in his secret box.

• Like 2

Hoping to make this a thing again, so here's a small peek at something I've been working on lately. A post apocalyptic SB story of sorts.

It was another boring day in Coral Reef 768. Nothing ever happened in Reef 768 and that was the way most fish felt about it. Their lives were boring and mundane, but peaceful. One of these lives was that of SpringBob Squarehole. He’d been conceived long after the trashocalypse and only knew of it through old eels tales and his history texts at this point. It was not relevant to him beyond that it was way the Reefs existed — to keep him and the others safe from the pollution the trashocalypse had caused. SpringBob never had any desire to change his daily life or pursue a different future.

That is until the day that Squid plopped in.

It was that boring old day that everyone knew of. Morning chum had already passed and afternoon chum was still a half hour in the future. SpringBob and his fellow compatriots were studying in the classroom when the alarm began blaring. It was more of a shriek than anything. It was deafening. SpringBob couldn’t even hear headmaster Eugene command the students to leave quietly and peacefully. He was able to tag along nonetheless. They headed to the nearby shelter in place room where the blaring would finally begin to cease. An automated voice then came on over the speaker to say “All clear! Return to your assignments immediately!” Before anyone could leave however another voice, this one a real authentic one came through the speaker: “At this time, please come to the Reef center room as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.”

In the center of the room was the comptroller of the reef, a Mr. SJP — no one knew what the initials stood for and never dared to ask. He ruled the reef with an especially vicious grip, punishing minor infractions with extraneous sentences to the surface, the equivalent of death in this society. Lying on the floor next to SJP was a creature many of the inhabitants had read about but never seen before — a sea squid. The squidman wasn’t especially huge, but he wasn’t helped by the angle at which he clutched for assistance at. He let out light gasps as if he barely could withstand the environment he was in at the moment. SpringBob stood with the others staring at this squid, completely and utterly confused at what he was looking at.

“Now I know you all are probably alarmed by the sight of this… creature,” Mr. SJP said in a rather monotone voice. “However, you know my policy here at reef 768 is the more the merrier!” Everyone stood in silence, still unsure exactly how to react. “We found this poor soul struggling by the side of some ruined city, something Bottom or another, choking on the dust bunnies in a ditch.” The Squid moved his head very tenuously, not in one direction or another however. “We chose to give him a better life here as opposed to more dead air back there. We expect everyone else in this Reef to accept our new friend as a value member of community and nothing less!” Everyone quickly nodded their head up and down. SJP then turned to him. “Son, what is your name?” In a weak rasp, he said “Chet” And that was how SpringBob came to meet that afoul Squid.

• Like 2