MrTortellini00

Halibut

Trophy

More

WhoBob

Wumbo

Katniss

SOF

That is currently 11 lists. My planned deadline is May 8th, but I can extend it if people need more time to submit a list. 

Here is who I currently have lists from:

Myself

Crushing

squidwardisawesome22

MrTortellini00

Halibut

Trophy

More

WhoBob

Wumbo

Katniss

SOF

Fred

Cha

4EverGreen

That is currently 14 lists. My planned deadline is May 8th, but I can extend it if people need more time to submit a list (which I may have to, as I know people want to submit one and are busy).

Edited by jjsthekid

I now have 19 lists from the following people:

Myself

Crushing

squidwardisawesome22

MrTortellini00

Halibut

Trophy

More

WhoBob

Wumbo

Katniss

SOF

Fred

Cha

4EverGreen

PatrickFan1

Steel Sponge

Clappy

CyanideFishbone

Grubby Grouper

We just need 4 more to reach 23. My original deadline was today, but since I know there's a few users that still want to submit a list, I decided to extend the deadline to Tuesday, May 10th. However, that is it, there will be no more extensions after that. So time is running low if you want to submit a list.

Edited by jjsthekid

It's time.

Like last year, we got 23 lists again. Even though we didn't break the record, I'm still happy we managed to get that high again. I give a special thanks to everyone who submitted a list this year, whether it was because I forced you ( :P ) or because you really wanted to contribute, it was appreciated. As a special gift, I have given everyone who sent a list 200 doubloons. Still, holy Neptune, this list once again had A LOT of diversity. A mix of old episodes from the last two lists, and some new additions. In fact, this is a BOTTOM 53! We had A LOT of ties in this year's list. I would've broken some using the 2013 method, but I decided to just keep it the way Clappy did last year, as it really shows the diversity in this list. Once again, I will be providing summaries as there are some people that have not seen these episodes out of general courtesy. 

If you could not submit a list due to time, don't panic. You can still have your voice heard in the commentaries. Like last year, I will also be allowing people to chime in their two cents on whether they agree or disagree, as it may provide different sides for the episodes. However, for 50 through 41, I will only allow one additional commentator per episode, and it'll increase from there (PM me, CometChat me, say in this topic, or whatever if you want to commentate). You can reserve certain numbers to me in PM, or I may specially request someone if the episode was high on their list. Just don't be upset if you can't commentate on an episode, as a lot will probably be reserving spots. Even if I don't have room for your thoughts on an episode, you can still post your thoughts in the replies here. It really makes the topic active. Now, let's get the show on the road, and... PLOT TWIST! For the first time in the history of doing these... 50 IS NOT A TIE! :o Don't worry though, there will be lots of ties coming up in the list.

...and sadly these first two episodes are episodes I don't really agree with. But hey, this really shows how diverse this list is off the bat, and we have two special guest commentators for them: Hayden and Halibut! Now then, I present...

SBC'S TOP 50 WORST EPISODES EVER: 2016 EDITION

50. Giant Squidward

CWgiiDl.jpg 

38 points. 2 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #4 - @PatrickFan1 )

One day, Squidward is gardening when he sees that his kelp is all wilted. He uses a spray called Kelp Grow to make them grow taller and healthier. When SpongeBob and Patrick see this, they steal it from Squidward and fiddle with it by spraying things in town. Squidward gets very mad that they stole it, because one of the things they sprayed was his nose. They go around town doing "good deeds," such as expanding Gary's shell and turning one of Mr. Krabs' pennies giant because SpongeBob mentions that Mr. Krabs always wanted to make "big money" (though this wasn't what he meant). Squidward finally catches up to them and forces them to shrink his nose.

However, when they try to shrink his nose, it only gets bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to even out his entire body, which turns him into a "giant monster" who the residents believe to be invading Bikini Bottom. Many fish gather into a mob and threaten to hurt Squidward in various ways. A small boy appears in the crowd and suggests that Squidward might be a nice monster like the one in his storybook. To keep the Bikini Bottomites from hurting him, Squidward quickly agrees with the little boy and tells the town he can actually help them and won't destroy the town. Throughout the day, citizens ask him to help them with various things, which Squidward does to prove he is nice. He gets more and more tired from doing the town favors, though.

Eventually, he gets tired and Nat sneezes which Squidward presumably didn't hear. This causes the Bikini Bottomites to turn on him as he didn't say bless you. He runs away to a remote location outside of town when the day ends, where he misses his comfortable old life and is forced to sleep on a makeshift bed of coral. He finds that Patrick and SpongeBob are having a sleepover in his belly button because they wanted to show that they still considered him a friend. Squidward forces them out, and begins crying because of what happened to him. This captures the attention of SpongeBob, who feels bad because they only enlarged Squidward as a good deed. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick give him the greatest present that he could ever have: a giant clarinet with exquisite sound to make up for the mishap their first good deed caused. When Squidward starts playing it, he shrinks back to his normal size. He is upset that he can no longer play his giant clarinet, but realizes he still has his kelp garden. He runs home to his garden, but finds the kelp from his garden to be cut down. He wonders what happened to his garden, and SpongeBob explains that they used his kelp to make him a kelp-mache clarinet. This enrages Squidward, causing him to chase after SpongeBob and Patrick as the episode ends.

Jjs: So yeah, I was honestly surprised to see this episode making it on here again. Out of all Season 6 episodes, this one never really bothered me. I guess I can see why people would dislike it, however. I guess the plot is a little childish, and it might not really be that funny to people. But eh, I really can't dislike it, and there's other episodes I would've put in this spot over this one. 

Hayden: Let's see... really ugly Squidward design, usual garbage SpongeBob/Patrick antics, Squidward getting abused for not saying bless you and making all the citizens look like jerks, and a really bad example of a monster story with no good moral. Just a pretty forgettable blip on my radar.

49. Bummer Vacation

BbioXdL.png 

43 points. 3 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #9 - @SpongeOddFan )

At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs receives a notice from the fry cooks' union saying that SpongeBob has worked too much without any vacation break and that if SpongeBob does not take a vacation, he will have to pay a fine. So he sends SpongeBob on a vacation. SpongeBob goes home, goes to bed, eats breakfast the next morning, flosses his teeth, showers, sprays deodorant, and makes himself sparkle, and lift weights as part of his "vacation." He comes back to the Krusty Krab where Mr. Krabs kicks him out because that was not really a vacation. SpongeBob then asks what a vacation is and is horrified when he learns it means he is not allowed to work. He panics and Mr. Krabs tells him that Patrick will be his "unpaid replacement." He realizes that he should not remind himself of the Krusty Krab and that he is very hungry. So, SpongeBob goes back to the Krusty Krab. This time, it is not to work, but to buy some food.

Patrick is seen cooking the Krabby Patties incorrectly by putting them on his belly and not having the exact temperature. SpongeBob shows him how to do it correctly, but he is caught and is kicked out. To remind SpongeBob of the Krusty Krab, he plays with his Krusty Krab playset where he moves models of him, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob pretends that the Mr. Krabs model kicks him out. The model of SpongeBob goes to his miniature pineapple and plays the same game. To relax, SpongeBob goes to Jellyfish Fields to jellyfish, however he sees reminders of the Krusty Krab. Now SpongeBob tries a series of attempts to get back in the Krusty Krab. Every time he tries, Mr. Krabs catches him. Finally, Mr. Krabs drives SpongeBob to a forest where he commands him to fetch the spatula, and then drives away, leaving him alone. SpongeBob fetches it and starts to think that this is a permanent vacation. Blaming Patrick for trying to take away his job, he walks to Patrick's rock. When Patrick gets there, the rock automatically opens and he finds SpongeBob, who is seemingly going out of his mind. Patrick backs away, becoming extremely nervous at his friend's behavior. We then see the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob is frying the Krabby Patties in a Patrick costume. Mr. Krabs notices and announces that SpongeBob's vacation is officially over and that he does not have to pay a fine. SpongeBob explains that he left Patrick at home watching TV, which was really static, and happily returns to his job as a fry cook.

Jjs: So yeah... here's a surprising new addition that's never made either list before. And I know a lot of people will be scratching their heads on how the heck it even got here. Out of all Season 4 episodes, I never really would've put this on my list. I thought it was pretty alright, and found it to be a much better "SpongeBob can't work at the Krusty Krab" story than a certain special. I dunno, I don't really mind this one. Since I don't really have any ill will towards this episode, I'm sure you all must want to hear from one of the three stooges that had this on their list, so here's Halibut.

Halibut: I'm sure that I am in a big minority when it comes to my hatred for this episode, but fact is that I just cannot even remotely tolerate it.

I honestly feel that this could reasonably be considered a proto-"SpongeBob, You're Fired!". I mean, the reason for SpongeBob taking a vacation obviously isn't as shoehorned as SBYF, but it can be up there. It's not really for Krabs this time, though. I have a lot more of a grudge with SpongeBob in this episode, actually. Look, I get that SpongeBob is meant to love working at the Krusty Krab, but in this episode, that aspect goes way too far for me to not just want to throttle him. I guess you could consider it innocent enough when he simply can't get the Krusty Krab off his mind, but the episode takes a quick turn steering into "screw this" territory when SpongeBob gets so idiotically paranoid that he sincerely things he's been fired. That's not funny, that's just out of character and very, VERY annoying.

Of course, the episode has to cop out with this by finding out that his vacation time was used up by the time he gave up and went back. Yeah, no. Of course, Krabs isn't guilty either as he seriously wants to replace SpongeBob with someone as dimwitted as Patrick.

Ultimately, this episode is really insufferable for me. SpongeBob is WAY too out-of-character to be enjoyable, and the plot is just as uninspired as the majority of the episodes that aired at about the same time.

Remember, let me know if you want to commentate on upcoming episodes!

• Like 8