• Advertisement

The Loud House

Steel Sponge

30 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Ok I honestly don't know what is going on in this topic but the last thing I want to see being talked about is fapping to cartoon characters.  Knowing Stancakes, this is probably about some user he holds a grudge towards and this is his way of making humor about it.  It's not funny and it's actually borderline disturbing.  

So can we please just get this back on topic?  Have a crush on a cartoon character or don't.  I personally don't care.  Just actually have a civil conversation about it.

I don't hold a grudge against bagels and I was joking.

m'kay, we don't need another 1j1 around here. 

Anyway, I think Loud House is pretty great so far. It's not up to the standards of Harvey Beaks, but I think it definitely stands out as one of Nick's strongest efforts in a while. Definitely excited to see the direction it goes.

1 hour ago, Teamwork said:

I for one jerk off to 6 year old cartoon characters and in fact draw endless amounts of shipping smut of them.

here's my deviantart

http://nintendomaximus.deviantart.com/

okay there's seriously a difference between joking and crossing the line

Back OT though, I do actually like this show. This and Harvey Beaks are probably the best Nick is doing right now.

1 hour ago, Fred Rechid said:

okay there's seriously a difference between joking and crossing the line

Back OT though, I do actually like this show. This and Harvey Beaks are probably the best Nick is doing right now.

I actually knew the guy who's DA I linked off site. He's a creepy pedo who earns none of my sympathy and either way I linked it for comedic purposes. I apologize if I was acting out of line.

58 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I actually knew the guy who's DA I linked off site. He's a creepy pedo who earns none of my sympathy and either way I linked it for comedic purposes. I apologize if I was acting out of line.

We didn't need to know him and the comedic purpose of this, I dont get why we should even find this funny. You are really going too far with these jokes, tone them down please.

The show isn't the best on TV, but it's pretty good. I do like how it's basically a comic strip in animated form, and while the characters can be considered one-dimensional, it's just pleasant. It's not a show I would be excited by, but it's way better than a lot of crap Nick has been dishing out recently.

• Like 1

I've seen enough episodes to judge it and it was actually good. Well, I can't say it's amazing or anything. When I've watched clips of this, I was expecting this to be very annoying. One boy having to deal with 10 sisters sound pretty annoying and yes, it gets annoying but here's the thing. It's not the point I can't stand watch this because even though it has 10 sisters, the annoyance makes sense to me and it can be a benefit since the fast pacing makes it enough to watch and this is about siblings and yeah, siblings can be annoying. I don't have 10 sisters but I have one twin brother to deal with everyday and it can get annoying (that's not me saying I don't like him tho. I love my bro but you know siblings are annoying lel), plus when I see my cousins, they annoy each other. This show definitely understands how siblingship works. And yeah, 10 sisters sound way too annoying but maybe it's for the best instead of giving the main character 1 sibling since when all of them annoy, it makes annoyance zany and fun. 10 sisters are pretty one dimensional characters but it's understandable why they are like that because they are supposed to be annoying sisters and sometimes their one-noted personalities can be fun. Plus It's kind of hard to give 10 sisters their own spotlights but then again, this is still the first season, so I believe once they make more episodes, they will slowly add more into the characters. There's actually one episode that focus on Lincoln and one of his sisters named Lucy and they actually added a twist into her character that I won't spoil and it makes me hopeful that they are gonna add more into all sisters. I don't expect them to be like Steven Universe but I believe in the crew that they'll add more into the sisters and still be episodic. Besides, they all care about Lincoln and that's the important part about the siblingship. Lincoln is the main focus here anyway, so he's the most important aspect of the show. And he's pretty likeable just like you'd expect and he's the best part of the show. We all see his point of view and how he has to find solutions to sisters' problems, as well as his problems, it definitely makes him a great character and great role model to kids. Just like his sisters, he cares about his sisters as well. I really like how most of time the episodes end on a sweet note, Sometimes the episodes ends for benefit to Lincoln, sometimes they are not but in the end, his sisters and himself are happy. Another thing that I was worried about this is that I thought it'd rely on too much toilet humor and gross out jokes and yeah, there are stuff like that but they don't come too much unlike Breadwinners. However, the show isn't doing to well to make me laugh but the overall energy and sweetness are enough for me to ignore the humor at least and there are times that I can chuckle. To wrap this up, the show can be annoying and humorless sometimes and it needs to work on the sisters more but this is still the first season and for season 1 standarts, it did enough for me to like this, likeable main character, fast-paced episodes and it's pretty sweet and I hope it'll get better and better. This, along with Harvey Beaks and new SpongeBob episodes, is definitely the best work Nick has given to us in a while.

Grade: B+

I finally decided to give this show a chance recently and I'm liking it so far! Lincoln is a likable main character and his sisters are an entertaining bunch of characters. It's a funny, charming little slice-of-life show. Plus I gotta give props for the show giving Clyde gay parents (and interracial ones at that!) and not making a big deal of it or turning them into offensive stereotypes.

I really like the show, and I'm also pretty glad Nickelodeon has brought us something that's so enjoyable.

Also, speaking of Clyde's gay parents, it was also a matter of time before One Million Moms threw shade at Nick for that. It's not a big issue, but it's funny to see that they've started a campaign for it about a week ago.

Edited by Steel Sponge

15 hours ago, Harleni Quinn said:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/nickelodeon-suspends-loud-house-creator-chris-savino-numerous-harassment-claims-exclusive-154068.html

Not sure if the claims against Chris Savino are true or not (I hope not), though not sure how it would affect the show.

yep, it's real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4994580/Loud-House-creator-suspended-sexual-harassment-claims.html

He did it and he deserves to be fired for his actions but I doubt the show will end because of it.

And he also got outed for threatening to blacklist some of his co-workers to boot. It confuses me how it's said that Savino is 'suspended.' At this point, it's safe to say that he's fired. I never would've imagined that we would have someone along the lines of another Skyler Page, but here we are now, realizing how much of a pain in the butt Chris Savino turned out to be behind the scenes. There's so many other people working in the entertainment industry right now that disrespect or hurt women and keep their silence. So, it's scary to think if there are other folk who have done bad like Savino, but have also made some influence like Savino as well.

Edited by Pumpkinhead

I commend the women for speaking up. Sexual assault and harassment can be incredibly traumatic and I understand why victims may be afraid to disclose their experiences. These ladies are so brave. It's saddening that there are so many men in the entertainment industry (and in other areas of business, I'm sure) that treat women (and other men) this way. 

Edited by Katwoman
  • Like 2