• Advertisement

I don't even feel safe where I live anymore.

WhoBibbles

Here's the thing. I live in Turkey, which is one of the most attacked countries by terrorism and this happened again, today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/blood-spills-ankara-191208470.html

Ankara is the capital city of Turkey and today it got bombed and a lot of people died and a lot of people got injured. In fact Ankara has been bombed 3 times in 5 months. 
I'm really sorry for loss of the beloved ones, so many innocent people are getting killed here and it comes to the point that I don't even feel safe in Istanbul or any city I go to. If your capital city has been attacked, it's possible that one of your larger cities will get attacked too and I'm afraid that may happen to me. I'm scared and I don't want to die. I really want to get out of this country as soon as possible but it's not simple If you think about it. I have a college that I need to go for at least 4 years and I have to get a job and make as much money as I can and that'll also take a while, so I can take a plane and get out of here and I do have to have enough money to buy myself a home too. It sounds so hard and I can't wait any longer If terrorrism keeps rising. I'm really sad about terrorism happening in my country and around the world and I wish terrorism in any place would stop. It makes me sick that there are group of people out there, killing so many innocent people. I just hope terrorism will stop and I hope I will move to a really safe country because I can be in danger here. :( 

• Like 4

I'm sorry that you feel unsafe in your country. Living in a place constantly under terrorist threat is not easy. The best you can do is move out of the country as soon as you can, as long as you have the resources for it you can achieve it. I'm thinking of leaving my place as well, its never good to live in a place where you feel your future is threatened by uncertainty.

• Like 1

Guest hilaryfan80

The news just reached Kentucky - I didn't see this topic until just now. I was like "omg is WhoBob okay?!" and I saw this topic, with relief, that you are ok. :)

Honestly, the better plan might be to go to a college abroad. It's a scary idea, but you can get a student visa in another country and go to school there. It would get you away from Turkey at least. I know you can study in America with a student visa. Then, if you like the country you are at, you can apply for permanent residency.

Edit: What I've found on America is you have to apply to an approved university/college, and when you're accepted, you can apply for a student visa. You can find more information here: https://educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study

Edited by hilaryfan80

Maybe instead of wanting your own house and everything, you and your family could save up money to move out together? If they want to that is. I hope you'll find some way to move out of there soon WhoBob, stay safe. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cha said:

Maybe instead of wanting your own house and everything, you and your family could save up money to move out together? If they want to that is. I hope you'll find some way to move out of there soon WhoBob, stay safe. :(

Actually my parents only wants me and my brother to go outside Turkey and they said we shouldn't worry about them but when I have enough money and find a job outside, I'll take them out of the country as well. Hope so.

Guest hilaryfan80
58 minutes ago, Zoidberg said:

Actually my parents only wants me and my brother to go outside Turkey and they said we shouldn't worry about them but when I have enough money and find a job outside, I'll take them out of the country as well. Hope so.

You care so much! ?