• Advertisement

197b. Two Thumbs Down

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give this episode?

• 5/5 Thumbs: Two Thumbs Up!
    • 4/5 Thumbs: I declare...A THUMB WAR!
    • 3/5 Thumbs: You can never give too many thumbs up!
    • 2/5 Thumbs: You may never use your thumbs again...
    • 1/5 Thumbs: Two Thumbs Down...

pHLlBJ1.jpg 

Premieres

Saturday, March 12th @ 7:45pm ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, March 13th @ 11:45am ET/PT

Sunday, March 13th @ 5:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob loses the use of his thumbs.

Clips:

1.) 

2.) http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-squarepants-youre-all-thumbs-song-clip.html

Edited by jjsthekid

"We signed a peace treaty Squidward."

Oh my god the guy going up because of the thumbs up. The cutaways when his thumbs were breaking were great though, all pretty funny stuff and the doctor. <3 (Though I liked the cough in the commercial more.) Squidward letting SB use his thumbs was so sweet though.  Like this was a random pointless plot but I give them credit for making it pretty funny and that song. <3

"waiting for autumn"

I nearly died.

A as well

• Like 4

I thought this was a really good episode. The cutaways with SpongeBob losing his thumbs was pretty funny and the small bit of Squidward offering to help SpongeBob out was really sweet. (Squidward has definitely become a lot nicer this season), and I'll probably be called crazy for considering the scenes between SpongeBob and Sandy to be SpongeBob/Sandy. I thought the ending with Patrick was pretty funny, especially how random it got at the very end.

I definitely THOUGHT that they were going to go with the fact that, Spongebob as a sponge, would have his thumbs regenerate. I'm glad that they DIDN'T go that route though, and Spongebob got his thumb strength back by earning it! :D TOTALLY loving the Spongebob/Sandy interaction! :rock: A 10/10! :kicking: Enough said! ;)

Honestly, I thought this episode was really solid as well. The premise may have sounded kind of stupid, but let's be fair, the show has had stupider premises. :P The premise wasn't really fantastic, I won't deny, but they made it work somehow. I'm glad the episode wasn't all of SpongeBob crying about his thumbs breaking, and he showed nice maturity when he let Patrick take his job. I was also glad they didn't do the predictable route of him just growing his thumbs back. There was nice drama worked in with Sandy and SpongeBob's serious talk, and the thumb war ending (and speaking of which, I'm honestly glad it came full circle at the end, so the beginning didn't feel like a filler scene). Everyone felt in-character, and there was a lot of great jokes (both thumb wars, the live-action montage, the guy going up in the boat thanks to SpongeBob's "direction", Dr. Manfish, the ending, etc.). The Thumbs song was also pretty decent, and one of the better post-movie songs. The pacing was also fine to me, nothing felt too slow or too fast. While I did prefer Mall Girl Pearl a bit more due to the experimentation, this one worked on its own just fine.

Grade: A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

This was better than I expected. The premise didn't seem really interesting but I was still hopeful because I know this show can pull off simple premises and I think this episode was successful. I really enjoyed moments of SpongeBob giving thumbs up to everyone and how he effected everyone. It didn't feel repetitive at all, they were really nice gags. The humor was really well-done, I really liked jokes here, the hardest part I laughed was the game console scene, which has become one of my favorite season 9.2 moments already. I liked how SpongeBob wasn't so whiny about him losing his thumbs, he was sad but not in an All That Glittlers way, yuck and Sandy coming to SpongeBob's house and encouraging him was really nice and it made Sandy my favorite character in the entire episode. Just like Mall Girl Pearl, this episode had a climax and it was a lot of fun. Thumbs war between SpongeBob and Patrick was really enjoyable. The song was also amazing, it felt like Gary Come Home style and I really liked it. And lastly I wanna mention is that it was nice for Squidward to want to help SpongeBob to cook patties. It was a 2 seconds moment but even small moments like this prroved why I love Squidward. This wasn't as good as Mall GirlPearl but it's another great addition to season 9.2.

Grade: A-

This episode was pretty funny imo, loved the jokes, the thumbs.

...THE THUMBS? THE THUMBS!
THUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But in all seriousness, this episode was sad also, with that "You're All Thumbs" song, and Sandy going in the pineapple to see SpongeBob sitting there with mutilated thumbs.

Grade - A