• Advertisement

Metal Snake Learns to Draw

Yeah, you can tell I've been in more of a drawing mood than normal recently, because I've got another uncolored and colored pair of drawings to share...

cloud_shroud__digital_sketch_by_cloudmis

I know, more OC shit. Been almost a year since I last drew Cloud Shroud though, and I really felt he needed to have an up-to-date drawing. In fact, let's go through the evolution of the character before I show the colored version...

First drawing...

Spoiler

cloud_shroud__first_oc_drawing_by_cloudm

Second drawing...

Spoiler

cmd_s_oc_sketch_by_cloudmistdragon-d9tyg

Third drawing...

Spoiler

cloud_shroud__third_oc_drawing_by_cloudm

Fourth drawing (this one only had a traditional sketch, but it is the "official" fourth version of the character)...

Spoiler

cloud_shroud__mlp_fim_oc__sketch_drawing

Fifth drawing...

cloud_shroud_drawing_5_by_cloudmistdrago

The moral of the story is that no one draws a good picture of their OC on their first try. My first three were terrible, and normally, three strikes, you're out. But that isn't the case with making art. When you give up on art, you only give up the chance to finally make something you love.

• Like 5

Take a guess what I got? ;)

butterflies_fly_once_more__sketch__by_cl

butterflies_fly_once_more__colored__by_c

Yeah, it's a Butterfree migration. :P

Being serious, I promise my next drawing will be something for Halloween. I'm considering doing a drawing of Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of Night.

• Like 3
  • Happy 1

As promised, here you go.

alucard__castlevania__sotn__drawing_by_c

Finished the original NES trilogy of Castlevania this month and I'm working on Super Castlevania IV now. I also want to replay Symphony of the Night (and Devil May Cry) again, thus the inspiration for this.

I did one more drawing last night before my birthday, Gallus from MLP: FiM.

gallus_sketch_by_cloudmistdragon-dcc3xby

The reason I've briefly gone back to doing sketches is because my drawing tablet isn't working right with my computer right now, just for the record. I'll go back to doing colored digital artwork as soon I can, but for now, here's my birthday gift to you guys.

• Like 3