• Advertisement

Surf's Up 2: WaveMania

Ash Ketchum

Being the guy that most people think of when they hear "WWE" around here, I'm not surprised, the E is known for being out of touch and out of date. I mean, they should've done this back when they had an actual surfer wrestler on the roster, back in '09!

That being said, the Scooby-Doo movie was aight, the Flintstones movie was pretty crap, and I actually liked the original Surf's Up so I'd probs humor myself with this. And the Undertaker penguin looks tick af, dat casket surfboard is siiick.

• Like 1

How dare WWE make kid friendly direct to DVD movies that have been profitable ventures for them over the past few years...come on guys, seriously?  I agree that Surfs Up is an obscure movie to make a direct to DVD sequel to but at the same time, WWE has done far more obscure crossovers and sequels that I'm not really surprised.

On a side note, I'm more surprised that John Cena's name is attached.  Especially with how many mainstream movies he was involved with and received high marks for.  This move seems like somewhat of a step back for his acting career, even as a voice actor.  But he is the face of the company for a reason.

I should probably explain myself before this thread turns into Frozen 2 2.0.

I do have somewhat hope for this film seeing has how I liked the first one. Did I think it was odd at first? Yes, before I read the article. Maybe it's just because I'm used to a Hanna-Barbera show getting the WWE treatment. Never actually expected it to happen with this film. :P But then, I found out that it's supposed to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the first film, which does kinda make sense since a lot of successful animated films and successful films in general do that. If WWE does make money off of these films then that's not a problem for me. They can make crossover movies if they want to. I don't even see why I'm concerned at all because as far as I know, it's gonna be a direct-to-DVD sequel. After seeing the words "Sony Pictures Home Entertainment" in the article after reading through it again, I'm 98% sure this is gonna be direct-to-DVD sequel. Right? And I hate to admit it, but I was skeptical at first because I thought it was gonna be an actual theatrical release. If it's only a DVD release then I, and many others too, should have no reason to be cynical towards this movie at all.

the designs of the WWE penguins still make me lol though

1 hour ago, Fred Rechid said:

I do have somewhat hope for this film seeing has how I liked the first one. Did I think it was odd at first? Yes, before I read the article. Maybe it's just because I'm used to a Hanna-Barbera show getting the WWE treatment. Never actually expected it to happen with this film. :P But then, I found out that it's supposed to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the first film, which does kinda make sense since a lot of successful animated films and successful films in general do that. If WWE does make money off of these films then that's not a problem for me. They can make crossover movies if they want to. I don't even see why I'm concerned at all because as far as I know, it's gonna be a direct-to-DVD sequel. After seeing the words "Sony Pictures Home Entertainment" in the article after reading through it again, I'm 98% sure this is gonna be direct-to-DVD sequel. Right? And I hate to admit it, but I was skeptical at first because I thought it was gonna be an actual theatrical release. If it's only a DVD release then I, and many others too, should have no reason to be cynical towards this movie at all.

the designs of the WWE penguins still make me lol though

Living proof that I need to read things closer :P Yeah, no real fear/care if its just a direct to dvd thing, heck maybe I'll even watch it if it comes cheap enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred Rechid said:

Haha dude don't worry.  This thread was not even close to being close to that.  I was just pointing out from the opposite end of the spectrum since I'm a WWE fan and have been seeing them do this stuff for close to a decade now ever since the company has been on a PG initiative to gain more sponsorship and crossover appeal.

On 3/2/2016 at 5:53 AM, Clappy said:

How dare WWE make kid friendly direct to DVD movies that have been profitable ventures for them over the past few years...come on guys, seriously?  I agree that Surfs Up is an obscure movie to make a direct to DVD sequel to but at the same time, WWE has done far more obscure crossovers and sequels that I'm not really surprised.

On a side note, I'm more surprised that John Cena's name is attached.  Especially with how many mainstream movies he was involved with and received high marks for.  This move seems like somewhat of a step back for his acting career, even as a voice actor.  But he is the face of the company for a reason.

I didn't even know WWE had a thing for making obscure crossovers and sequels. :P 

2 minutes ago, Metal Snake said:

I didn't even know WWE had a thing for making obscure crossovers and sequels. :P 

Well for starters as Fred already commented on:

and

15 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Well for starters as Fred already commented on:

and

Lolz, I didn't even remember that. I didn't make my post caring about whether it was made by WWE or not, it was just...a post.