• Advertisement

What recent stories in the news are you concerned with?

Clappy

I don't know if this topic would be considered too broad since we make topics for major news stories somewhat often on here.

Ideally I was thinking this could be like the How's the Weather thread or How you are feeling emotionally, physically, etc.  Are there any recent news stories bothering and/or worrying you?

For example: I know this was last week, but Sarah Palin's recent support for Donald Trump is just annoying.  Granted they are made for each other because I can't stand either of them as a politician, but it annoys me to think that Donald Trump has so many people backing him and that he's a legitimate threat to win the Republican candidacy.  That concerns me for our country if we have a joke like him in office.

Also another news story that concerns me is North Korea building and testing nuclear weapons.  Primarily due to the fact that I'm in Washington DC so often for work and while it would terrify me if they actually used nuclear missiles on any portion of the United States, I know DC would be a primary target since it's our nation's capital.

Don't really read the major news things like politics and such, but probably news where a really famous celebrity like Bowie or Rickman dies.

But I do agree that the news about Donald Trump worries me. If he gets elected president, then it's pretty much over for America. Game over, man, game over.

1 hour ago, Fred Rechid said:

But I do agree that the news about Donald Trump worries me. If he gets elected president, then it's pretty much over for America. Game over, man, game over.

I mainly just don't understand why he thinks he deserves to be president when he was just a businessman not too long ago.