• Advertisement

Massive East Coast Blizzard

CDCB

Didn't see a topic for this, so let's discuss. The past few days have been filled with snow for those of us on the East Coast. How's everyone holding up? We're doing okay here in Northern VA, despite a whopping 30 inches of snow over the span of nearly two days. Dunno when places will open again, but tomorrow is definitely another off day for everyone. 

Ah yeah, I also took the liberty of capturing the entire thing from my bedroom window in a quick time lapse video. If you weren't (un)lucky enough to experience this blizzard, this should give you an idea of what us East Coasters have been facing.

Guest hilaryfan80

Kentucky was hit moderately hard. We had 11" (28cm) where I live, but some areas got up to 20" (51cm).

I had to shovel my car out earlier today. That was an experience!

We got only about two inches of snow in GA but classes still got canceled on Friday. I heard power went out in some places too. And my dad works at the airport and said there were a ton of flight cancellations due to the storm.

We got at least a foot and a half down here in central VA.  My travel plans for the week have been completely switched around due to me originally having to go further north but with the snow being more dumped on up there, I'm only going a little over a hour away from my house this week.

2 hours ago, terminoob said:

New York City got somewhere between 20 and 28 inches and we completely shut down after 2pm.

It was really baffling to me because Boston gets that on the reg and they're fine.

Boston's seasonal average is 43.8 inches.. I don't think getting "somewhere between 20 and 28 inches" is a regular thing anywhere in the Northeast, except maybe Tug Hill and such. That's a lot of snow for a night.

Edited by E.V.I.L