Changing the voting age: yay or nay?

Katniss

What do you think?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the voting age

• The voting age should be lowered.
    • Keep the age at 18.

9 hours ago, Teamwork said:

I think it would be really funny if he won.

I still fail to comprehend why you think it'll be "funny". He's clearly racist, he has ZERO political experience, and he's very arrogant. I don't care how hilarious people's reactions to him winning would be. This is a man who should not be president under any circumstance.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, katnisslovestacos said:

I still fail to comprehend why you think it'll be "funny". He's clearly racist, he has ZERO political experience, and he's very arrogant. I don't care how hilarious people's reactions to him winning would be. This is a man who should not be president under any circumstance.

People getting overtly salty over him winning (I saw this girl on Twitter saying she wanted him to die), him saying really ignorant things that cause outrage, and whatever stupid decisions he does.

10 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

People getting overtly salty over him winning (I saw this girl on Twitter saying she wanted him to die), him saying really ignorant things that cause outrage, and whatever stupid decisions he does.

Because these reactions will outweigh the possibily horrific consequences of his stupid decisions. Undoubtedly.

cmon-man.jpg?w=1296&h=840

Edited by Fa!
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I hope you get deported one day because of a presidents actions if these actions are all jokes to you 

6 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I still don't think that's gonna happen.

Maybe that won't happen, but that doesn't mean he can't make other stupid decisions. The president can't do whatever he wants but he can only be controlled to an extent...hello, checks and balances. I think you don't entirely understand but it's not like you can vote anyway so I get it.

Anyway I don't want this to go off-topic and turn into a thread about Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katnisslovestacos said:

Maybe that won't happen, but that doesn't mean he can't make other stupid decisions. The president can't do whatever he wants but he can only be controlled to an extent...hello, checks and balances. I think you don't entirely understand but it's not like you can vote anyway so I get it.

Anyway I don't want this to go off-topic and turn into a thread about Trump.

Mostly because I haven't researched politics much outside of a few areas admittedly. In a few years I'll probably know a lot more and think past me was dumb. This might just be me being paranoid here, but are you implying I'm stupid?

Edited by Teamwork

1 hour ago, Teamwork said:

Mostly because I haven't researched politics much outside of a few areas admittedly. In a few years I'll probably know a lot more and think past me was dumb. This might just be me being paranoid here, but are you implying I'm stupid?

We are not implying that. We are saying it's not ok for him to win just because you want to see people's reactions. Politics can be made fun of but when you make politic discussions, you should also take it seriously and make right decisions about politics. You can think he has no chance to win, I don't think he's gonna win at all but choosing him as president just for laughs is a bad decision.

Edited by WhoBob
  • Like 1

I think the voting age should stay right where it is because I really doubt 16 year olds would be mature enough (or know enough about politics) to make a serious, informed decision on who to vote for. Then again, considering how even 18 year olds can be immature and ignorant on politics (like myself), maybe the age should be raised even.

• Like 1