• Advertisement

Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

SG19

I'm neither, though I respect people who are as long as they don't judge people who do eat meat. I did try becoming vegetarian when I was thirteen but that only lasted a few days because I started to miss chicken :P 

Guest hilaryfan80

I'm actually thinking about going vegetarian. Surprisingly, there's a lot of choices you can have while you're vegetarian, and a lot of vegetarian food tastes great, healthy, and affordable. In fact, when I went on a vegetarian week, I found that I was spending less at the grocery store because I wasn't purchasing meat, which can be pricy.

There's also a common belief that vegetarians are deprived of important nutrients (namely protein) that is completely not true. Americans eat a lot of meat compared to the rest of the world (I think I read that the average American eats 200 lbs. of meat a year), so there's a stigma that vegetarians don't receive the protein and nutrients provided by that meat, thus being unhealthy. This is far from the case. Most Americans actually have too much protein in their diet as a result of eating all of that meat. Vegetarians actually get a proper amount of protein in their diet.

A good challenge that I personally liked is having "vegetarian days". That is, pick two or three days in a week that you won't eat meat. It's actually not as hard as you think it is!

2 minutes ago, NegiSpongie said:

What's the difference between the two? I thought both were just terms for people who didn't eat meat.

Vegetarians don't eat meat but vegans abstain from eating any animal products, like eggs and dairy